change location
  • Safety in Manuel Antonio

by JoshK18 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Is Manuel Antonio safe?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • **Need a ride!! ** Couple and their well-behaved dog *San Jose to Quepos*

by lydia_b Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Hi everyone

Me and my boyfriend and our dog are relocating to Quepos and ideally wish to leave tomorrow from San Jose. I'm aware the buses don't take dogs so it appears our only option so far is a private shuttle which costs around200. (I didn't think that through when I adopted my dog!)

I appreciate this is such short notice but if anyone has any ideas for a more economical way to get there or if anyone is travelling to Quepos in the next couple of days and would be willing to take the three of us we'd be more than willing to pay gas money. Unfortunately renting a car is not an option as my purse was stolen with my driving licence in it a few months ago :(

Thanks so much for your time.

Lydia

2 Answers Aug 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM
  • el-rojo-dragon's Profile Photo

bus

by el-rojo-dragon Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

is there any bus from nosara to quepos?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2012 at 6:48 AM
  • Safety In Quepos

by patriotfarm Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Hi folks! We're traveling there soon. Anything we need to be aware of other than the usual picpockets? Any new scams out there? Thx!

2 Answers Jan 13, 2012 at 2:10 AM
  • shopping/marina

by raymodica Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Are there more places to shop in Quepos than when we were ther in 02? Has the marina chaged very much?

2 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • place to stay

by sharri42 Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Where is the nicest place to stay in Quepos? We would like to take day trips from there.

2 Answers Oct 21, 2010 at 6:55 PM
  • Staying in Quepos for a week, visiting Carara and San Jose for a day - suggestions?

by UberRudo Online Now Apr 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM

We are staying at a time share in Quepos for a week so of course we are spending most of our time at Manuel Antonio Park, but we also want to go see some Macaws at Carara and will be spending our last day in San Jose and we're looking for suggestions of great trips, hikes, excursions, etc.

We've been told driving isn't the easiest, so at this point we are thinking we will only rent a car from Quepos to San Jose so if you have any suggestions of places to check out between the two, or any places to visit in San Jose, that would be much appreciated. From the bit of reading I've done it sounds like Carara isnt a place we can kill a whole day - should we stop off at Jaco? How easy/affordable is it to find somebody to drive us to both places.

We're primarily interested in wildlife, birds, beaches, kayaking, hiking (mild to moderately strenuous) - any excursions in Manuel Antonio you'd recommend or recommend we stay away from?

Thanks in advance for the info - we're leaving in a few weeks and getting very excited about finally going on our honeymoon!

Sean

4 Answers May 9, 2010 at 5:03 PM
  • Titi Canopy or Canopy Safari

by itsmelindamerritt Online Now May 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM

There is a group of 8 adults and we are having trouble deciding which zipline tour to take. It is either Titi Canopy or Canopy Safari. Some of us have ziplined in the past so fear isn't an option. We know that both tours are highly recommended. We want the funnest, and most thrilling.

2 Answers May 30, 2009 at 10:50 AM
  • Going to Quepos May 25-June 3rd - WHAT TO DO?

by sm3 Online Now Apr 13, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Hi,

I am going to Quepos from May 25th to June 3rd, and I have a bunch of questions which I'm hoping someone can help me out with! We're flying into San Jose, and are thinking about renting a car for the week so we can drive around - are there other, better options (i.e. busses, shuttles, etc)? How long is the drive from San Jose to Quepos?

We are staying in Parador Resort and Spa - has anyone heard of it or what it's like?

We are staying in Quepos the entire time, but plan on doing many excursions and day trips - any suggestions for the best ones?

Finally, I've heard a lot about the green season in CR. Should I expect mostly rain? Should I pack warm clothes? AND...WILL I BE ABLE TO GO SWIMMING and lay out on the beach?!!!?? - or is it too cold???

Sorry about all the questions - any info will help, I am just looking to be as prepared as possible :)

Thank you!

10 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 1:00 AM
  • cobraman's Profile Photo

Traveling Light

by cobraman Online Now Apr 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM

I WILL BE FLYING SANSA INTO QUEPOS/MANUEL ANTONIO SO BAGGAGE IS MINIMAL. HOW DO I GET STUFF I MIGHT BUY BACK HOME? ARE THERE SHIPPING COMPANIES LIKE UPS OR FED-EX IN THE AREA AND HOW ARE THE RATES? HAS ANYONE USED THE LOCAL STORES TO PURCHASE OTC MEDS (ANTIDIARREA),CLOTHING AND EVERYDAY ITEMS?

2 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • Nightlife?

by Martin&Maryjo Online Now Apr 5, 2008 at 4:59 PM

We are traveling to Quepos for a week in June with 4 kids in their 20's. We see many pictures of the Quepos Streets and read about the nightlife, but every picture of the streets or bars looks practically vacant. We're concerned they will be bored to death. Can anyone give us additional info? Thank you very much for the help!!

4 Answers Oct 21, 2008 at 6:30 PM
  • MrColumbus's Profile Photo

In Quepos staying at the Best Western Kamut looking for friends (March 14-15)

by MrColumbus Online Now Mar 9, 2008 at 8:06 PM

My best friend and I are going to be in Quepos March 14-15 looking for some fun people that may want to hang in a group. I am on the right and both my buddy and I are fun and like to have fun.
    Cameron

• deblaya's Profile Photo

Buses from Quepos to Jaco

by deblaya Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Hello,

Can anyone give me any info on buses that go from Quepos to Jaco? Things like schedules, total travel time, cost. My husband and I are planning on traveling from Quepos to Jaco late April of this year and would preferably want to leave early in the morning.

Thanks for your suggestions!

3 Answers Mar 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM
  • resol777

by resol777 Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 4:19 AM

are there no cheap places to stay that are geared for surfers moving day to day?

2 Answers Feb 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM
  • ticalaura's Profile Photo

Young crowd

by ticalaura Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Just wanted to know what the night life was like during the week? I have a big group of young people who like to party, is Manuel Antonio the place?

3 Answers Feb 18, 2009 at 5:59 AM
  • janke_M's Profile Photo

Costa Rica in November

by janke_M Online Now Oct 2, 2007 at 1:22 PM

I will be in San Jose and Quepos in Novmeber... anyone live there?? I have a condo/hotel in Quepos but I think it is about 10 minutes North of Manual Antonio, I am looking for anyone that has ever sayed up in the fishing town north of Manual antonio- are there beaches in North Quepos, Has anyone ever stayed in CONDOHOTEL LAS CASCADAS???

1 Answer Feb 16, 2008 at 10:16 PM
  • Manuel Antonio Spring Break

by LRoxT Online Now Feb 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM

My family will be staying at Buena Vista Villas. We plan to go rafting one day, canopy tour and ATV tours other days. Do we need long pants for canopy tour? Is it cool enough at night for a jacket? How far is the Savegre River from Manuel Antonio? Thanks.

2 Answers May 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM
  • DRIVING TIMES

by masmax7 Online Now Feb 19, 2007 at 1:32 PM

How long does will it take to drive (4W drive vehicle) on a Sunday morning in May from Quepos to:
    a) Dominical?
    b) San Jose Airport via Jaco?
    c) San Jose Airport via San Isidro?

1 Answer Feb 24, 2007 at 9:04 PM
  • Kayaking Damas Island Mangrove Estuaries

by sharonfullerton Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 10:59 AM

I will be in Manuel Antonio for 2 full days and there are two things I want to do: tour the park with a guide and kayak Damas Island mangrove.

I think it might be a little much to do both the same day ...

but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with any of the kayak tour companies they could share ...

and also what is the best time to see most animals in MA park? Hopefully not too early ...

• Makanda by the sea and travel questions

by lilmeows Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Hi we are staying at the makanda by the sea in quepos for 7nights in end of feb-march I was wondeing how easy it is to go to other hotels and check out there restaurants and bars?..We would like to get to meet people and mingle but also love the fact that we have are secluded privacy at home to go back to..I wanted to see if its walking distance to an area that has nightlife and shops etc or if we have to take a cab.Or any ideas you would have re things to go check out in the area.
    thanks so much

1 Answer Feb 16, 2008 at 10:23 PM
  • makanda by the sea question

by lilmeows Online Now Nov 30, 2005 at 11:25 PM

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to stay at the Makanda by the sea hotel and have heard mainly good reviews however the bad ones we have heard were that the customer service was bad, some did not have balconys or Ac,also some were very far of a walk from getting to the front area and they felt stuck in there rooms..I have heard many other good things but I just wanted to check before we booked the hotel that this was untrue or if it would be better to reserve a certain room..I think we are looking at getting a studio and I am not quite sure on the differences between the villas or studios..anyone whom has stayed there or heard of anwnsers to any of my questions would be so amazingly wonderful to respond..we are taking our honeymoon first week in march 2006 so im trying to hurry and get all the info i can..thanks again

2 Answers Dec 12, 2005 at 9:50 AM
  • martij2's Profile Photo

Anyone been to Hotel Coco Beach in Manual Anotnio? Other suggestions?

by martij2 Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 9:58 AM

Hi-
    We're planning our second trip to Manuel Antonio (stayed at La Mariposa last time). This trip is primarily for photogrpahing wildlife, so we're looking for less expensive accommodations.
    Has anyone stayed at the Coco Beach Hotel?
    hotelcocobeach.com/index.htm...
    The location looks great - walking distance to the park and the beach - but I can't find mention of it in any forums.
    Anyone know of a cheap place to stay in Manuel Antonio? Our only requirements are clean, safe, and air conditioning.
    Thanks!

3 Answers Aug 8, 2007 at 6:17 AM
  • denckman's Profile Photo

I've booked it it's official

by denckman Online Now May 19, 2005 at 9:02 PM

Im booked and ready June 14-24!!! I know it is supposed to be the rainy season, but im sure there will be plenty to do. Im staying at the hostel Vista Serena in Manuel Antonio. Any insight on the area and what to do with my ten days in paradise. One Love.

5 Answers Jun 8, 2006 at 9:21 PM
  • denckman's Profile Photo

complications with Colones, Costa Rican that is

by denckman Online Now May 18, 2005 at 9:57 PM

Im planing a trip to CR very soon and was wondering how far my dollar will go when I exchange my currency. I am aware of the exchange rate, but am unfamiliar as to what a cup of coffe, dinner, or a night at the bar would run me in Costa Rican colones? Thanks for helping a virgin costa rica explorer!

2 Answers May 19, 2005 at 8:20 AM
  • asufan's Profile Photo

Snorkeling in Manuel Antonio?

by asufan Online Now Apr 10, 2005 at 6:50 PM

Looking for info on snorkeling in Manuel Antonio. Best spots... best times of day... best place to rent gear (or should we use a guided tour). I will be in Quepos/Manuel Antonio in the middle of May. Any help would be appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2007 at 2:29 PM
  • Horseback riding in the rainforest at Manuel Antonio ???

by donronzz Online Now Mar 25, 2005 at 7:19 PM

I'm in early planning for a trip to Costa Rica & Panama. I'll only be able to squeeze in a one day & one night stay in the Manuel Antonio area (perhaps leave mid-day on following day). To maximize my time there I guess I'll need to fly from San Jose, instead of take the bus. That should let me arrive quite early in the morning. There are two things I'd like to be able do:
    1. a half day of horseback riding in the rainforest, and
    2. about a half day to properly see Manuel Antonio Park.
    Since I will have such a short time there I may need to go directly to the horse trip when I first arrive at the Quepos airport. I think I'll need to set this one up ahead of time.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this? Do you know of any good companies for horseback riding trips there? ...the time the trips start? ...costs? Also open to other ideas for what to do in this area.

THANKS!!!

1 Answer Mar 28, 2005 at 7:10 AM
  • dbeatty's Profile Photo

Manuel Antonio Acitivites

by dbeatty Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 8:07 AM

We've got three full days for activities...what to do, what to do????????? Hiking, rafting, etc.

1 Answer Mar 3, 2005 at 9:02 AM
  • electricaplsauce's Profile Photo

Manuel Antonio to Puerto Limon

by electricaplsauce Online Now Feb 27, 2005 at 7:35 PM

How feasible is it to travel from Manuel Antonio to Puerto Limon - is there a bus or do you have to travel by private car?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2005 at 8:49 AM
  • Tamarindo or Manuel Antonio

by Eidney Online Now May 4, 2004 at 1:22 PM

Hello, my family and I will be traveling to Costa Rica in December 2004. We have already made reservations to stay at Arenal and Monteverde, but we have three more nights at CR and the problem is where else can we stay. Tamarindo or Manuel Antonio? Besides the parents, our ages range from 20 to 28 years old. We would like to stay in an area where we can just relax and enjoy the beauty of CR, but at the same time enjoy the nightlife available to us (clubs, bars, restaurants) and other activities during the day. Can someone recommend which area to stay in CR that can provide us this? Also can anyone give me feedback on Hotel Barcelo Playa Langosta and Hotel La Mariposa? Thanks

4 Answers Jan 25, 2005 at 3:20 PM
  • Hotel Verde Mar, Manuel Antonio

by mlott2 Online Now Dec 15, 2003 at 9:28 AM

Anybody been there? Is it worth staying at ? Can a 2 wheel drive vehicle make it to the hotel in the wet season ?Thanks

3 Answers Oct 22, 2004 at 10:57 AM