Quepos Travel Answers

change location
deblaya's Profile Photo

Buses from Quepos to Jaco

by deblaya Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 7:42 AM

Hello,

Can anyone give me any info on buses that go from Quepos to Jaco? Things like schedules, total travel time, cost. My husband and I are planning on traveling from Quepos to Jaco late April of this year and would preferably want to leave early in the morning.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Kindra's Profile Photo

Re: Buses from Quepos to Jaco

by Kindra Online Now Mar 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Any reason you want to spend time in Jaco? If you are set on going despite the fact that I think most places in CR are more worthwhile, there are buses leaving the main bus terminal in Quepos all day long. It takes about 1.5 hours.

I believe the schedule is it leaving Quepos at 5 am, 8, 11, 2:30 pm, 4:30 pm. Though it is a bigger station in Quepos so they have schedules posted and you can buy tickets in advance on some buses. I think I remember paying 750 colones or so which works out to just over a1. The bus goes to Puntarenas but stops in Jaco.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • deblaya's Profile Photo

by deblaya Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Thanks!
    I don't really want to spend time in Jaco except to catch the water taxi to Montezuma. I heard thats the fastest way to get there from Quepos even though it costs more. If you have any other suggests about getting to Montezuma from Quepos I loved to hear them.
    Thanks again!

• Kindra's Profile Photo

by Kindra Online Now Mar 12, 2008 at 8:05 PM

The water taxi is definitely the quickest and easiest way to get to Montezuma from Quepos. You may want to pre-book the water taxi (in fact it may be a requirement) since it appeared to me that it left only when there were passengers. Keep in mind that the water taxi leaves from HERRADURA beach which is a few minutes in taxi from downtown Jaco (not walkable). When I went, the water taxi was35 each way and 1 hour.

If you wanted to save a lot of money but lose some time, you can take regular buses the long way around to Montezuma. The same bus going from Quepos to Jaco continues onto Puntarenas, from where you can get one of 2 ferries (two different docks) to the Nicoya Peninsula and from where there are buses taking people to Cobano and onto Montezuma/Mal Pais. This will cost you a total of maybe4 but will take pretty much all day to get there. Its not a total waste though because you do get to see a bit of the local character and on a nice day, the ferry is a beautiful ride.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines