Quepos Travel Answers

change location

Makanda by the sea and travel questions

by lilmeows Online Now Dec 16, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Hi we are staying at the makanda by the sea in quepos for 7nights in end of feb-march I was wondeing how easy it is to go to other hotels and check out there restaurants and bars?..We would like to get to meet people and mingle but also love the fact that we have are secluded privacy at home to go back to..I wanted to see if its walking distance to an area that has nightlife and shops etc or if we have to take a cab.Or any ideas you would have re things to go check out in the area.
thanks so much

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Makanda by the sea and travel questions

by ddrica Online Now Feb 16, 2008 at 10:23 PM

I can;t honestly say how much distance it would be to walk but I would guess there should be some stuff you could walk to. The road between Quepos and Manuel Antonio, which is the road that Makanda by the
    Sea is on, is full of restaurants and hotels.. Taxis are very cheap so getting around is not a problem. Another option to consider is the bus. Buses run about every 20 minutes up and down the main road. It is one of the only ways to get any kind of true local connection in the area. I realize ou are staying at a nicer hotel but I still say check out the local transport a little. I take it almost exclusively. The bus is only about 40 cents.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines