Quepos Travel Answers

change location

makanda by the sea question

by lilmeows Online Now Nov 30, 2005 at 11:25 PM

My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to stay at the Makanda by the sea hotel and have heard mainly good reviews however the bad ones we have heard were that the customer service was bad, some did not have balconys or Ac,also some were very far of a walk from getting to the front area and they felt stuck in there rooms..I have heard many other good things but I just wanted to check before we booked the hotel that this was untrue or if it would be better to reserve a certain room..I think we are looking at getting a studio and I am not quite sure on the differences between the villas or studios..anyone whom has stayed there or heard of anwnsers to any of my questions would be so amazingly wonderful to respond..we are taking our honeymoon first week in march 2006 so im trying to hurry and get all the info i can..thanks again

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: makanda by the sea question

by LisainCR Online Now Dec 1, 2005 at 2:05 PM

Makanda is a boutique style hotel (not a big resort) and some of the many benefits is that it does not allow children, is couples oriented (honeymoon, perfect choice) and they pride themselves on the personalized service. The villas and studios are ideally situated for privacy so possibly this is where others felt isolated. When I viewed their website, the studios showed A/C and I would be very surprised at the price if A/C is not avail. The restaurant is A+ and the infinity pool gorgeous. As I live in M.Antonio, I've never actually stayed in the villas/studios but I can say without a doubt it is one of the best if not the very best in the area. Makanda does not have a "resort" type of feel and is more personalized to the guest. If you're looking to have more interaction with other travelers SiComoNo might be a good option as it characterizes itself as more of a "resort" (ie: multiple restaurants, several bars, cinema, on site spa etc.) You can email me at Latitude9Lisa@aol.com (not associated with any real estate or hidden agenda, just trying to help!) Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: makanda by the sea question

by jsn55 Online Now Dec 12, 2005 at 9:50 AM

Hi. My wife and I spent our honeymoon earlier this year at 'La Mansion Inn'. A small boutique hotel with beautifull rooms, swimmingpool, superb food and an absolutely first class staff. It appeared that during our stay Chuck Norris was spending his birthday in the hotel. He stayed in the award winning presidential suite, but we haven't seen him much. According to the many photos of celebrities in the lobby (Arnold Schwarzenegger, several former Presidents, Nicolas Cage, Charlie Sheen etc.) La Mansion seems to be a real Celeb hideaway. We would defenitely recomend this wonderfull hotel, where we will be back soon!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines