Quepos Travel Answers

change location

Horseback riding in the rainforest at Manuel Antonio ???

by donronzz Online Now Mar 25, 2005 at 7:19 PM

I'm in early planning for a trip to Costa Rica & Panama. I'll only be able to squeeze in a one day & one night stay in the Manuel Antonio area (perhaps leave mid-day on following day). To maximize my time there I guess I'll need to fly from San Jose, instead of take the bus. That should let me arrive quite early in the morning. There are two things I'd like to be able do:
1. a half day of horseback riding in the rainforest, and
2. about a half day to properly see Manuel Antonio Park.
Since I will have such a short time there I may need to go directly to the horse trip when I first arrive at the Quepos airport. I think I'll need to set this one up ahead of time.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on this? Do you know of any good companies for horseback riding trips there? ...the time the trips start? ...costs? Also open to other ideas for what to do in this area.

THANKS!!!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Suzanne123's Profile Photo

RE: Horseback riding in the rainforest at Manuel Antonio ???

by Suzanne123 Online Now Mar 28, 2005 at 7:10 AM

Hi. I suggest a sunset cruise for60 per person. Maybe you will get the opportunity to see whales or dolphins. The boat tour that I took included drinks, a seafood pasta salad, snorkelling, and swimming. You can make plans with your hotel. They will know how to book things for you and know where to find happy and well fed horses. Alvro at hotel Mar y luna is very helpful. He will book things for you even if you do not stay there. Often you can find him next door at the laundromat (except for mid day when he takes a lunch break)Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines