Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• pobblepop's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Queenstown

by pobblepop Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 1:50 AM

Hi there!
      I am going exploring the South Island over Easter (16-23 April) with my boyfriend and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of somewhere not too expensive to stay-- not too fussed on what its like as we will be out most of the time! Any suggestions would be awesome!
      Please/ Thanks :)

5 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM
    • mnutsy's Profile Photo

DAY TRIP FOR NON SKIER TO CORONET PEAK OR REMARKABLES

by mnutsy Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I WILL BE IN QT FOR AFEW DAYS IN JULY. I DON'T SKI BUT WOULD LIKE TO GET BUS UP AND BACK TO EITHER, HAVE A LOOK, A WALK AND ACOFFEE, THEN COME BACK. POSIBLE?

4 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    • Hiking Gear Hireage Queenstown

by hjacobs Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM

My husband and I are doing the Milford track end of April, where is the best place to hire gear...pickup Queenstown. Cheers

1 Answer Jan 26, 2014 at 9:43 PM
    • YogeshT's Profile Photo

South Island Vacation-NZ

by YogeshT Online Now Dec 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM

I am travelling to New Zealand in Oct 2014 (25 Oct to 01st). Can anyone suggest itinerary for South Island? I am travelling wife & my 5 year old son. I understand it will be spring & at that point in time & hence end of skiing period however is there a possibility to see/play in snow in part of SI. My son is keen to see/play in snow as he has never done it before

6 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
    • Queenstown Oct. to April. what to bring?

by christinakelly421 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hi there, what would be the most essential gear to bring with me on my backpacking woofing excursion of a lifetime? My flight departs mid Oct. and I'm there until mid April. So far i have an eye mountaineer 80L pack, solidly rugged boots, and a sunhat. Any recommendations would be lovely. Thank you. christinakelly421@gmail.com

1 Answer Sep 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • queesntown in November 1st week

by adipraj Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM

is november 1st week a good time to visit queenstown?

3 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM
    • nelson to queenstown winter

by fat_anj Online Now Jul 14, 2013 at 8:08 PM

can you get a bus from nelson to queenstown in the winter. if so what bus line is it

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    • leigh767's Profile Photo

Autumn: When exactly is the best time to visit Queenstown

by leigh767 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Hi all!

I know New Zealand/Queenstown is stunning almost any time of year. But my partner and I are looking to head down for a photography trip this autumn so our question is simple but important to us: when is the best time to visit Queenstown in the autumn? We really want to see Q'town in the "true autumn" period (when everything's just a riot of orange, red and yellow). We also recognise that the period is fleeting and the timing may shift from year to year. But we just want to maximise our chances of being there when it does happen.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Specific times (eg. "second half of April") would be most appreciated.

For background, this will be our second trip. The last was this past November - and WHAT a gorgeous country.

Thanks so much in advance!

2 Answers Feb 22, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    • clay target shooting

by donnahecker Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Has anyone tried Break One Clay Target shooting? I've always wanted to do that and it looks like a great time. Any tips or info much appreciated!

• packing in november

by Agnes112 Online Now Oct 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hello there
      I would like to travel all over the south island in this november and have no idea to pack how is the weather and would I need any equient or winter coat to visit glacier area? Cheers

1 Answer Oct 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    • Travel to Queenstown, Milford Sound and Fox Glacier in early Feb 2013

by mion82000 Online Now Sep 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hi, my family of four (2 children aged 10 and 12), will travel to South Island in early Feb 2013. We would like to have a relax holiday without lots of driving in a day. I have made a preliminary schedule below and please comment if it is fine:

++++++
      Feb 1 to 4:
      Stay in Queenstown to explore the Gondola and luge rides, beautiful views over Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, Coronet Peak, The Remarkable and Arrowtown

Feb 5:
      Checkout hotel in Queenstown and drive to Te Anau (2 hours) for old steam train at Kingston and take a short walk into the last part of the Kepler track to the Moturoa Hut.

Feb 6:
      Check out hotel in Te Anau and drive to Milford Sound from 6 a.m. (2 hours) and take Mitre Peak Cruise for the cruise to Milford Sound. Accommodation in Milford Lodge. Joint canoeing through Milford Lodge.

Feb 7:
      Half day mountain tracking in Milford Sound.

Feb 8:
      Check out Milford Lodge, drive to Wanaka (5 hours) for Wanaka Lake and Puzzling World. Accommodation in Wanaka.

Feb 9:
      Check out hotel in Wanaka, drive to Fox Glacier (3 hours) for Lake Matheson and some short walks near Fox Village. Accomodation in Fox Glacier.

Feb 10:

Join half day tour on Fox Glacier walk, then visit Franz Josef Glacier. Accommodation in Fox Glacier.

Feb 11

Check out hotel in Fox Glacier and drive to Wanaka. Accomodation in Wanaka.

Feb 12

Check out hotel in Wanaka and drive back to Queenstown for Route 6, Lake Dunstan, Cromwell, Kawarau Gorge, Glenorchy, Gibbstone Valley Wine Caves and tour. Accommodation in Queenstown.

Feb 13

Fly back to Auckland.

+++++++++++

Thanks a lot! It appears that the accommodation in Fox Glacier is very tight as many people will go there at that time. Once the above schedule is confirmed, I need to book the accommodation in Fox Glacier soonest possible.

Thanks again.

11 Answers Oct 13, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

Queenstown, 7 nights in January,2013

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jul 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Hi,

Me and my wife planing to go Queenstown & Chrischurch in early January 2013. We have planned to spent 10days over there. Our main interest on snow,mountain,lakes,falls.We will land Chrischurch first then go to Queenstown.We liked to hire a car but not sure from where it will be suitable in our journey. Could you please advise us what best interesting places we can visit during our tour.If you also please give us some tips on car hire and accommodation.

Regards
      Ramkrishna

4 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Queenstown 3 nights in May

by sandeepgarg Online Now Apr 18, 2012 at 4:24 AM

We are a family of 9 (4 adults, 1 senior and 4 children between 8-15 years), from INDIA.

We shall be arriving in Queenstown on the 12th May 2012, at about 4.00 pm or so,
      from Rotorua by the Air NZ flight.

We are staying the night at Crown Plaza. The next day 13th, we have kept at free, before visiting Milford Sound on the 14th May and proceeding to Franz Josef on 15th May.

What is you advise for us to do on our free day?

Thanks

sandeep garg

6 Answers Feb 15, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • TRAVEL ADVISE NEEDED FOR NZ SOUTH ISLAND TRIP

by SHELBY23 Online Now Jan 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hi All, My daughter and I are travelling to NZ at the beginning of March and have been going crazy trying to plan this trip.We arrive in Queenstown and depart from Christchurch and we have 10 days to fill in. There just seems to me to be too many beautiful places to see but time is limited so can anyone give us any suggestions please of what to see and do. We are planning on hiring a car from Queenstown and driving to Christchurch taking 10 days to do the trip. Any help would be much appreciated.

8 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

Weather in Apr/May

by irvbur Online Now Sep 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

We're hoping to visit Cairns, Sydney, Queenstown, and Fiji in late April to mid May 2012. I've checked weatherUnderground, and the "what to pack" section of several travel sites but I'm a bit confused. I'm used to dressing in layers but it seems that it rains frequently in OZ all year round. Is April/May really a bad time to travel? Or, would I still be comfortable in layers? Is the weather clear enough to take pictures? I live in Pennsylvania and am used to change of seasons. Are the changes in OZ more severe than here? Is NZ the same?

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

5 Answers Sep 3, 2011 at 3:24 AM
    • BecTravels11's Profile Photo

Ski /Snowboard Hire and Lift Passes

by BecTravels11 Online Now Jul 18, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Hello there! My partner and I are skiing/boarding in Queenstown from Monday 25 -Thursday 28 July and I was wondering if there are any recommended packages for ski/board hire and lift passes for Remarkables and Coronet Peak. I've been researching and have found some great rates for ski/board hire at Green Toad, but not having any luck with the actual lift passes... are there any good combo rates for both hire and lift passes? We've hired a car as well, but not sure we should drive to and from the mountains or if it's easier to just pay for the shuttle?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks from a fellow traveller,
      Rebecca

1 Answer Jul 22, 2011 at 9:35 AM
    • sweetie_inc's Profile Photo

Milford Sound/LOTR in Winter

by sweetie_inc Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Hi,

Is it advisable to go Milford Sound and LOTR during winter?
      Will the place be covered in snow?
      Will there be visibility issue?
      Any recommendation which agency shld I go with to these places?

Thanks in advance!!
      Nora

22 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 4:18 AM
    • sweetie_inc's Profile Photo

Day Tour in Queenstown

by sweetie_inc Online Now Jul 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Hi,

Is it advisable to book for the day tour on the day I reach Queenstown?

I'll be in Queenstown next week and still have not plan what to do on each day yet. Not too sure if I shld book later or book online now.

Thanks in adv!

Cheers,
      Nora

2 Answers Jul 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    • Ski Hire

by Pup018 Online Now Jun 16, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Hi,

We are coming to Queenstown for a weeks skiing holiday in July and was wondering about ski and clothes hire for grown ups and kids.

Cheers
      Pup018

1 Answer Jun 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    • sacs2k1's Profile Photo

Queenstown to Christchurch night driving in early-June

by sacs2k1 Online Now May 6, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Myself and my partner have booked our trip to South Island and are planning to drive around.

I was wondering if it's safe to drive out of Queenstown during evening and to reach Christchurch early next morning? Our trip date is early-June.

3 Answers May 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    • Shotover High Five? Kawarau River Rafter, Routeburn hike, Dart River Safari & full day Glacier hike?

by Angie88 Online Now Dec 8, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I am doing all that is mentioned in the title. I was wondering if I am best to purchase some hiking shoes for the glacier hike or do most places allow you to hire them? Also am I best to take some surf shoes (shoes made out of wetsuit material) for the rafting?
      Your opinion would be appreciated.
      Angie

3 Answers Dec 31, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    • trent_connor's Profile Photo

White water rafting in Feb

by trent_connor Online Now Oct 14, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Is white water rafting on the shotover river in Feb a waste of time? I have read that river levels can be low so there are hardly any rapids. I don't want a calm peacefull ride

1 Answer Oct 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    • trent_connor's Profile Photo

Milford Tour

by trent_connor Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Can any one recommend a tour company for a tour to Milford Sound from Queenstown?. I'm interested in the Bus-Boat-Fly option.

There seem to be a few different companies... all around550. Are there better tours than others

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 14, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    • imolinar's Profile Photo

skippers cannon jet

by imolinar Online Now Sep 12, 2010 at 6:09 AM

I found this combo package that includes:
      * 4WD into Skippers Canyon
      * Photo stops + commentary
      * Skippers Canyon Jet boat Ride
      * Helicopter Flight from Skippers to Skyline (10 minutes)
      * 5 x Luge Ride
      * Gondola ride to town
      Adult: NZD$289

skipperscanyonjet.co.nz/comb...

It is the only one that I have seen that goes to the canyon by 4wd. Is it good value, worth doing, would the helicopter ride allow us to see great views of queenstown?. Is this a reputable company?. Thank you.

3 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    • Queenstown weather

by chriztina Online Now Sep 3, 2010 at 2:31 AM

I know it's cold at this time of the year. But is the dry cold or wet cold? I'm trying to gauge what toiletries we need to bring.

Thanks.

1 Answer Sep 7, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    • Any weekday markets in Queenstown

by chriztina Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Does anyone know the EXACT LOCATION of markets in Queenstown? I read that there are markets at the Arts Centre in Christchurch, Cathedral Square and others.

Do they operate in the week or only on weekends? What do they sell? Market produce or something more? Thanks.

4 Answers Aug 28, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    • Gondola and burger joint in Queenstown

by chriztina Online Now Aug 18, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Hi, hope this isn't too vague. But I've been tasked to look for these two venues for our trip. I know one of the things we can do in Queenstown is the gondola. But does anyone know if there's only one location that provides the gondola activity? Because I'm looking for one that also has a restaurant, according to the description.

Anyone knows the FAMOUS burger joint in Queenstown? I don't know the name though.

Thanks in advance.

8 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    • What to do, see and eat in Queenstown?

by chriztina Online Now Aug 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM

My friends and I will be in the South Island next week for a holiday. We'll be passing by Queenstown. Would appreciate comments on what to do there, what to see and what to eat. :)

If anyone has a hotel recommendation there, it would be good too! Thanks.

14 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • Unique Accommodation in Queenstown

by genloz Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm after some unique accommodation in queenstown...
      Whether it be an eco village, straw bale lodge, techno backpackers, historic building or even a farm stay - anything that's different is what I'm after.

Unfortunately all I've found so far are ski lodges and regular hotels...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Lauren

1 Answer Jul 31, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    • Queenstown Unique Snow Day Trip Skiing/Boarding/Tubing/Helicopters

by genloz Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Hi!

I'm going to be in Queenstown for 2 days in September and on the 14th I'd really like to organise a unique snow experience (day trip) for my bf and I. He's a beginner-intermediate skier and has never snow boarded, I'm an intermediate skier and beginner snow boarder. We'd love to try something unique, special or quirky in some way... snow kiting, or tubing or something that involves a helicopter... We will probably need to be on a tour of some description... Does anyone know where I might be able to organise such a trip? Everything I've googled as been a minimum of 2 days...

Advice greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks...

2 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM