Queenstown Travel Answers

change location

Baggage storage in Queenstown

by turnsthepage Online Now Mar 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are travelling around New Zealand in April, and are planning to do the Routeburn Track in the South Island. We want to find out if it is possible to leave some of our baggage in a self storage locker or something in Queenstown, so we don't have to lug all of our stuff over the track, only taking the things we need for three days. Does anyone have any information on any storage facilities, or recommendations for ones they've used? There doesn't seem to be any information about them in the guidebooks.

Thanks

Anna

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

Baggage storage in Queenstown

by kiwi Online Now Jul 20, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Hi Anna,
    Welcome to VT.
    When I have ever done any of the tracks out of Queenstown, we have left our luggage at the hotel while we are away. We stay at the hotel before and after the trek, so not sure if this is a requirement or not, to use their storage.
    I was at Queenstown airport a couple of weeks ago but didn't see any storage lockers.
    Hope you have a great time doing the Routeburn, I really enjoyed it. Amazing views!! Bring warm/waterproof clothes as in April you can easily be snowed on.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines