visiting 5 days in March; using public transportation; any advice on additions, corrections, appreciated! [yes] [yes] [yes]
1. cycling paths, Merri Creek Trail in northern suburbs, Yarra Trail by Yarra River east of city,
Bike Share Scheme free if returned within 30 min. See www.melbournebikeshare.com.au.
2. street art, Hosier Lane cobbled pedestrian lane city centre by Flinders Street, Centre Place
(btwn Flinders Lane & Collins Street), Canada Lane in Carlton, just north of city centre.
3. Royal Botanic Gardens on Birdwood Avenue, South Yarra, Shrine of Remembrance
4. Lentil as Anything, guests "contribute" what they feel their meal is worth, original restaurant at Abbotsford Convent, historic buildings & gardens transformed into cultural & learning centre, lentilasanything.com
5. Queen Victoria Market, 513 Elizabeth Street, City. Closed Mon, Wed, holidays. www.qvm.com.au
6. Federation Square, city centre, free events, such as live music and dance performances, free Wi-Fi, Australian Centre for the Moving Image
7. Grainger Museum, Univ of Melbourne, Gate 13, Royal Parade, Parkville. Open Tue-Fri, Sun, 1P-4.30P
8. City Circle Tram, circles city centre, passing attractions, incl. Flinders Street Station & Docklands
9. bus or ferry fare: St Kilda beach, city views, sunsets, Brighton colorful bathing boxes.
10. Fitzroy Gardens, SE edge city centre, picnics, weddings, ornamental lake, rotunda, band pavilion, possums, lorikeets, flying foxes, Cooks' Cottage
11. State Library of Victoria, reading rooms Monday-Thursday: 10A–9P; Friday to Sunday: 10A–6P
12. National Gallery of Victoria International, St Kilda Road, The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia at Federation Square, The Arts Centre, all within short stroll
13. Old Treasury Building Museum, Spring Street
14. ACCA, Australian Centre for Contemporary Art 111 Sturt Street, Southbank
15. Yarra River Art: outdoor contemporary art gallery, sculpture, paintings, architecture, 'soundscape'
17. Footscray: Vietnamese-Ethiopian-Somalian-Sudanese presence.
a. biggest urban shopping mall-center?
b. urban street or mall popular with teens?
c. same for young adults
d. same for those showing off their taste in fashion
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|