Queens Travel Answers

change location
Chi-Guy's Profile Photo

5 Pointz Area- Good or Bad?

by Chi-Guy Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I am going to be in NYC for 4 days in early June and one of the things I found that I would like to see is 5Pointz. I am looking for ANY information regarding the area. Is the area rough? Not only the area, but the area I may take to get over there. Is there a footbridge from Manhattan (I am staying near Times Square) to get there? Or should I take a train? Bus? Is there anything to see on the inside? ANY help would be MUCH appreciated! By the way- I will only be with my 15 year-old daughter. So if there is any chance of the area being rough I simply won't go. Thanks for your help!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Re: 5 Pointz Area- Good or Bad?

by nicolaitan Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 5:15 PM

on jackson avenue in long island city, a major city street in a mixed industrial and residential area. not particularly attractibe, but i can't conceive of a meaningful safety problem in this neighborhood.

from times square, take the 7 train to 45Rd station, aka Court House Road. this part of the route is elevated. the only way to walk would require heading north up to the 59th st bridge, crossing on the pedestrian pathway on the north side, and then walking several blocks to jackson avenue and turning south. a long long walk, as the subway ride is probably not more than 10 minutes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chi-Guy's Profile Photo

Re: 5 Pointz Area- Good or Bad?

by Chi-Guy Online Now May 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Excellent- thanks for the information!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines