Quedlinburg Travel Answers

change location
Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Best Train Ticket

by Maryimelda Online Now May 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Can anyone tell me if a Laender ticket will get me on a day trip from Hannover to Quedlinburg and return. Many thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Re: Best Train Ticket

by Kathrin_E Online Now May 30, 2011 at 11:50 PM

No, because Hannover is in Lower Saxony and Quedlinburg is in Saxony-Anhalt. Validity of the Niedersachsen-Ticket ends in Bad Harzburg. You need either a Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket (if it's a weekday) or a Schönes Wochenende-Ticket (if it's Saturday or Sunday), or standard fare.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now May 31, 2011 at 12:01 AM

No. Hannover is in Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), Quedlinburg in Sachsen-Anhalt. The Harz Mountains are the border between both states. You can reach Goslar on the west side of the Harz on a Niedersachsen-Ticket.
    http://www.goslar.de

To Quedlinburg using regional trains you could use
    a) on a Saturday or Sunday a Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket. EUR 39 for up to 5 persons traveling together
    b) on a weekday past 9am a Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket. EUR 42 for 1 person. EUR 6 more each for any further person (up to 5 persons in total). There is a connection at 08:55, the next one is only at 10:55. Thus buy additionally a ticket from Hannover to Sarstedt, the first stop past 9am and use the 08:55 connection. EUR 3,70.

DB timetable
    reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/qu...
    Start: Hannover
    Destination: Quedlinburg
    and select as means of transport "only local transport" if you want to use the options a) or b).

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

by Maryimelda Online Now May 31, 2011 at 2:04 AM

Thanks you have both helped with my plans.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines