change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• miccline's Profile Photo

Budget Minded Travel Options between Quebec City and Montreal

by miccline Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum :-) We are planning a trip to Quebec City and thought we would travel to Montreal for the last 2 days of our trip. I was reading on this site about allo stop and kanga ride. I see the websites are still up but google has them as permanently closed. Are they and if so, is there a budget minded travel option between the two cities? Thanks everyone in advance. Mic

• miccline's Profile Photo

Budget Minded Travel Options between Quebec City and Montreal

by miccline Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum :-) We are planning a trip to Quebec City and thought we would travel to Montreal for the last 2 days of our trip. I was reading on this site about allo stop and kanga ride. I see the websites are still up but google has them as permanently closed. Are they and if so, is there a budget minded travel option between the two cities? Thanks everyone in advance. Mic

5 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 5:27 AM
    • videolady12's Profile Photo

Mid October in Quebec

by videolady12 Online Now Aug 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM

My husband and myself will be in Quebec from October 16 through 19. Would like to do a hop on hop off, but see that they do not run that late. Any suggestions on tours for the area at that time of the year.
      Thank you much.

2 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • Transport in Quebec City

by ValHawks Online Now Jul 11, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Does the Quebec City HOHO bus operate between Oct 19th and 22nd? Does the Ecolobus operate at all now? We will be visiting Quebec City on these dates and would like to visit the usual tourist destinations. In neither of these will be available what options (walking is difficult for one of our group) are there? Many thanks!

7 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 3:16 AM
    • Use of English outside of the big cities

by thatguyhimself Online Now Jul 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM

An American friend, who doesn't speak any French, who does a lot of travel withing Quebec as part of his job, told me that he used to run into hostility from merchants and the public in general in Quebec, outside of Montreal and Quebec City, when he'd ask questions in English. He said he learned a trick to solve the problem. When he enters a store, he starts off by saying, "Habla Espanol?" then "Sprechen sie Deutch?". While the locals typically don't speak Spanish or German, they assume that the person is not American and not an English speaking Canadian.
      Then, with a fake accent, he says "Do you speak English?". Usually the merchant is then relieved, and delighted to speak English. Apparently anti-English resentment is not really against the English language, but against Americans and Canadians who take it for granted that everyone should speak English.
      Has this worked for any of you?

27 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • getting from Montreal to Quebec

by kcmorris Online Now Jun 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM

We have a group of 10. Is it possible and if so how would one go about finding a large van or small bus to get out group to Quebec City from Montreal?

1 Answer Jun 22, 2015 at 9:12 AM
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

booking a Hotel room with shared bathroom

by SamiZaman Online Now Jun 20, 2015 at 11:37 PM

Can anyone tell me regarding hotel rooms with shared bathroom option? actually what they mean by shared bathroom?? i am confuse. plz help. Thank You in advance

6 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    • SamiZaman's Profile Photo

what to pack,where to visit & must know things for a traveller

by SamiZaman Online Now Jun 19, 2015 at 1:53 PM

me and my wife coming to quebec city for 6days on 25June to 01July. My wife has an conference to attend at City Convention Centre. I need some advice on what to pack(clothes) , where to visit & also must know things for better travel experience. Thank U in advance.

5 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 6:49 AM
    • Quebec city yoga

by naptime Online Now May 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Hi all,

I'm new, and I think I posted this question in the wrong place, so I'm trying again. My husband and I will be visiting Quebec City next month (July) and I would love to take an english speaking yoga class. I haven't had much finding one online. Any ideas?

2 Answers May 30, 2015 at 11:05 AM
    • ZOEGV's Profile Photo

Restaurant recomendations for Quebec City pls....

by ZOEGV Online Now May 23, 2015 at 9:22 AM

My wife and I will in the city end of June 2015, staying in the old section. Would appreciate some recs for a formal evening, casual bistro, and local pub.....does not have to be in the old area, but we will not have a car. We are in our late 40s and live in downtown Chicago.
      Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jun 6, 2015 at 4:52 AM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Quebec day trips

by Papim2 Online Now Apr 2, 2015 at 2:40 PM

Coming to Quebec 7 days ...mid May. ..will have car ...need. Some good places to visit...we loved europe, and I think this area is somewhat like it....wife loves those small towns to browse around....

5 Answers Apr 28, 2015 at 10:37 AM
    • silab's Profile Photo

easter in quebec

by silab Online Now Apr 1, 2015 at 5:53 PM

in easter sunday and monday will everything be closed or is it nice for a couple of days visit?

5 Answers Apr 4, 2015 at 1:56 AM
    • Quebec City Tours

by cjmiarka Online Now Mar 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM

We will only be in Quebec City two days - what is best way to see the water falls? Any suggestions on what to see will be appreciated!

7 Answers Mar 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM
    • Transportation in Old Town

by cjmiarka Online Now Mar 15, 2015 at 5:45 PM

Is it possible to use a taxi or the horse carriages to tour old town? We have difficulty walking long distances. The Murals sound very interesting. What would be the best transportation for us?

9 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM
    • where is this place?

by mdehghani Online Now Jan 18, 2015 at 6:30 AM

hi .. does anyone recognize this place in Quebec? should be a museum or sth..

5 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Hiking Suggestions in Quebec Area for mid-May

by lakeside44 Online Now Jan 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM

Hi everyone,
      I am planning to go to Quebec City to see a concert in mid-May and would like to get in some hiking around the city. In the autumn of 2013, I hiked L'Acropole des Draveurs (breathtaking!) in Haute-Gorge and also Jacques-Cartier National Park to the north of the city.

I was wondering if there are other suggestions as well to check out (particularly if it's got a splendid or scenic views like L'Acropole).

Thanks, Joe

2 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 7:51 PM
    • Quebec City in late December

by klondike123 Online Now Dec 26, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Any tips on fun things to do in Quebec City in late December?

Our group is 3 adults and a 5 year old.

4 Answers Dec 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Out of Quebec....road trips

by Papim2 Online Now Dec 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Coming in April for 2 weeks....need to know of 1 day or 2 day road trips out of Quebec city,,....we have a car...thanks for tour help... Martin

4 Answers Dec 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    • Winter Carnival

by canada5 Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I understand the Winter carnival is from Jan 30-Feb 15. We are thinking of coming Feb 7th weekend (my husband and I). Don't know Quebec, suggestions on hotels to stay? Would like to be able to walk to events. Was on the Carnival website, there is a night parade on the 7th and a canoe race on the 8th. Is it worth it to get the VIP tickets ($42.50 pp for parade, $52.50 pp for canoe ride). Lastly, I heard about the ice hotel. Is there a shuttle we could take to get there? Any other comments or suggestions greatly appreciated!!

10 Answers Dec 19, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • Christmas for young couple

by mbreese16 Online Now Oct 7, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I have been told Quebec city is magical for Christmas and my boyfriend and I (early 20's) are looking for a place to spend a white Christmas (southern hemisphere people) just wondering though if it is more of a family destination and if anyone had any other suggestions of places to stay around the area for Christmas?

1 Answer Oct 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • crabbypinchy's Profile Photo

Christmas in Quebec City?

by crabbypinchy Online Now Sep 22, 2014 at 8:03 AM

My brother wants to go to Quebec city for Christmas, a few days before an after. Is this a good time of year to go? If so, what is worthwhile seeing since we are only going 3-4 days? And we like good/great food :). What festivals/events do you recommend?

1 Answer Sep 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    • ireneqmann's Profile Photo

Quebec City Info

by ireneqmann Online Now Sep 2, 2014 at 6:12 AM

I am going to be in Quebec City for 3 days beginning 10/1. Arriving by cruise. Need to know how to get to the city from cruise terminal and what to do and see there.

9 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    • What a visitor with limited time must see

by laurablong Online Now Aug 21, 2014 at 12:25 PM

the number one must see attraction

4 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    • travel to Quebec city

by kudo320 Online Now Aug 10, 2014 at 4:07 PM

We are planning our vacation to Quebec with our 2 young kids. But I am worried that It'll be tough to get around as we don't speak French.

5 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 9:09 AM
    • Parking at Quebec City

by emirfi Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I will be in Quebec city for few days next week. How is the parking situation at Quebec city? The hotel I stay charges $25 a day. Are there any cheaper places to park for few days?.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • active family

by michellegarner Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We are headed to Quebec for a family vacation next week. I have researched several activities (zip lining, sea kayak, etc) for our family ages 44, 44, 21, 18 and 13. Wondering what your advice would be for that "don't miss" thing to do in August.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM
    • Monday night

by LSwyt Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Is there a bar with music or dancing open on Monday nights, We are going to be there July 21 and are looking for something to do in the evening

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • Maple Syrup to take home?

by spedprof Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Pardon the silly question, but you folks are wonderful. Heading back to the NYC area via Vermont. Any recommendations on where to buy some maple syrup for the family? I know to avoid Vieux-Québec, but figure you folks have some trustworthy recommendations?

Merci, in advance

6 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 10:39 AM
    • A 2 hr. tour? Food tour? or just explore on our own

by spedprof Online Now Jul 10, 2014 at 8:56 AM

A mature couple getting excited about our upcoming visit to Quebec city for 2 1/2 days. Do you recommend an organized 2 hour tour, the available food tour or shall we just make our list and explore.

Merci, in advance

6 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 12:28 PM
    • ShyrlRoberts's Profile Photo

Street Bike Rental for Long Distance Ride

by ShyrlRoberts Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I ride a carbon fiber bike on the streets of Southern California and will be spending three months in Quebec City at a language school. Can anyone recommend a bike rental shop where I can install my personal pedals and saddle on a similar bike? I had family from Beauport and Beaupré, and would like to visit by bike!

10 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 4:21 PM
    • ShyrlRoberts's Profile Photo

Buy a Bike

by ShyrlRoberts Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Where in Quebec City can one buy a very inexpensive bicycle? I'm planning a 3 month language school visit and want to have faster transport than walking to get to the food store and gym!

6 Answers Jul 10, 2014 at 3:36 PM