Quebec Travel Answers

change location

Hotel in quebec

by Mac111 Online Now Aug 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Can anyone guide/inform us about the hotels in the outside of old quebec city?

We are two only, and we need a good hotel room for night stay only. we do not need any luxurious facilities/amenities. We plan to visit between 31 August and 03 September, 2012.

Is there any bus tour which takes you for the whole day guided tour?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • johngayton's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel in quebec

by johngayton Online Now Aug 9, 2012 at 3:03 AM

When I last visited I stayed at the Best Western on Rue de la Couronne in the modern part of the city. This was ideal - close to the main shopping area and the immediate location has some lively bars and good restaurants. The hotel itself is modern with things like a pool etc but I got it for a very reasonable rate - here's the website: www.bestwestern.qc.ca

As to a bus tour - Quebec is a compact city with most of the attractions withing easy walking distance and so a full-day bus tour would be kinda supefluous. Just pick up a walking map from the tourist office and do your own thing.

Alternatively, if you have a mobility problem, or just get plain footweary, there's the freebie "Ecolobus" which runs around the main attractions and can be used as a hop-on, hop-off service. Details here: rtcquebec.ca/%89colobus/tabi...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines