Quebec Travel Answers

change location

Best view of Le Chateau Frontenac

by tugg Online Now Sep 5, 2009 at 8:15 PM

My wife and I will be heading to Quebec City in the summer of 2010 for our 25th anniversary. I would like to choose a three or four star hotel (large or small) with a great view of Le Chateau Frontenac and maybe the Saint Lawrence River. We will be walking mostly so something in a good location. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Best view of Le Chateau Frontenac

by nanmadol Online Now May 9, 2010 at 2:21 PM

OK, the very best view of the Chateau Frontenac and the Old City is from the Hilton. The hotel is shaped like a triangle, so all sides get a nice view, but the best by far in the city view. There are 3 different views from the hotel: Mountain view (looking back, nice but not what you want), Parliament view (also nice, you can see the Chateau on the far left), and finally the City view, which has commanding view of the entire Old City (that includes the Chateau Frontenac) and the St-Lawrence river. If you can afford it book the executive floors and make it clear you absolutely want a city view. Executive floors run from the 17th floor to the 22nd floor. The rooms are quite similar to the standard rooms, but are located higher, and you get access to the executive lounge (free continental breakfast+ free drinks at night). Rooms numbered 07 to 16 on any floors have City view (all 16 are suites), 17 to 26 have Parliament view, and 27 to 31 and 01 to 06 have Mountain view. Rooms 15 on all floors are great, the best being 1415, 1515 and so on, all the way to the 22nd floor.

View-wise, the Concorde is also not bad, but skip the Delta (which is located behing the Hilton). The Marriott and the Palace Royal also have city views but theses buildings are not very tall (8 stories) because they are inside the Old City perimeter. The taller and closer-to-the-Old-City building is the Hilton, being just across the street from the walled part of the Old town.

Trust me, the Hilton City view is awesome, and the best in town.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines