Quebec Travel Answers

change location

VISITING QUEBEC NEXT WEEK FOR WINTER CARNIVAL

by richrover Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 5:22 PM

I am a semi retired college professor visiting Quebec from the US. I have always wanted to see the carnival, but I would like to enjoy local dinner and drinks also. Anyone have an idea for a night out on the town, local restaurants and bars in the Old City?
Please write.
Richard

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • klmousseau's Profile Photo

RE: VISITING QUEBEC NEXT WEEK FOR WINTER CARNIVAL

by klmousseau Online Now Jan 31, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Hi,
    Winter Carnival is a great time! It's very cold there now (i live just 3 hrs SW) My mom-in-law went last weekend and it was 20 below 0 with the wind chill, so dress warm!! You won't have any trouble finding great restaurants or bars. I can't think of any in particular, but when you're walking around during the day, check out the menus of restaurants. Small French Bistros are a sure bet. They usually have the best food and some are run by generations of French families. Some sights to see: Fairmont Le Château Frontenac - it's a HUGE hotel overlooking the St. Lawrence River. The snow sculptures are a lot of fun to check out. There are warming tents - have some hot apple cider and maple syrup on snow! There are some nice museums in town too. Have a great time!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines