Quebec Travel Answers

change location
missmed's Profile Photo

Dressing up to go out

by missmed Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 2:14 AM

Hello again!

Heading out Quebec and Montreal next week.

Since its going to be pretty cold I've gathered that I'm going to need to buy a good pair of waterproof boots.

My question is what's the dresscode for nice restaurants and pubs and clubs (not neccessarily the top class ones)? I presume I'm as well to leave my skirts and heels at home! Are they strict - is it a good idea to bring an extra pair of shoes?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

RE: Dressing up to go out

by Jefie Online Now Nov 4, 2006 at 5:48 AM

Hi there! It's not really cold at the moment, temperatures are around 0°C and we haven't had any snow yet (at least not in Quebec City). Most people still walk around in their shoes but if you're not used to cold temperatures then yes, it might be a good idea to bring a pair of boots but you don't need to buy huge snow boots or you'll look somewhat out of place. It's not too cold to wear long skirts either, as long as you've got a pair of tights. As for the dress code, in Quebec City, pretty much anything goes - there are so many tourists around the old city area that even the most fancy restaurants won't mind if you show up in casual clothes. Montreal is a bit more trendy, but not too strict either. If you go out clubbing, it might be a good idea to wear layers - you'll see that most girls don't tend to overdress, no matter how cold it is outside! I hope this help, I wish you a wonderful trip, have fun!

Jefie

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines