Travel Answers
Qashqadaryo Viloyati

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• First time travelling to Uzbekistan, Samarkand. Is there a street called Saasi?

Samarkand Nov 27, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Hi, I'm travelling to Samarkand, Uzbekistan next month from the 18th December to 6th January. I will be there for 19 days. It's my first time going to Uzbekistan. I'm going there to visit my girlfriend as a tragedy happened to her life recently. A fire broke out in her house and her grandmother died as she couldn't be rescued in time. This happened all at night when everyone in her family was sleeping. I feel horrible and I can't imagine the pain she is going through right now. I wish I'm there for her right now. I'm sorting out my visa at the moment and just booked my flight. I plan to give her a surprise visit, to be there to support her and her family and celebrate Christmas and New Year with them.

I have the address of my girlfriend's house but I can't seem to find it on Google Map. She is from Samarkand and the street name is called Saasi but I can't seem to find or heard of any street names is Samarkand called Saasi.

My Ukrainian friend also helped me to post on a Samarkand forum but the people there don't seem to know this street name.

I'd appreciate if there are any Uzbeks here or anyone who have travelled to Samarkand to give me more information about the city so I can plan my trip as I'll be going there all alone without any clue.

Popular Qashqadaryo Viloyati Travel Answer Locations