Pyramids of Giza Travel Answers

change location

Is it safe to travel in November 2012

by kate_wick Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I am a white female and would like to travel to Egypt in November 2012 is it safe to travel to the ruins, and would like to do some scuba diving in Sharm. Is it safe to travel by train?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: Is it safe to travel in November 2012

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM

The thing is "safe" is a relative term. What one person would consider "safe", another would think dangerous. Beyond that, in a region in the midst of a major shift, it's impossible to know what will happening November, let alone tomorrow.

Personally, i would have no problem travelling in the region. That said, i live and work in Yemen. Egypt is tame by my standards.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ourluxor's Profile Photo

Re: Is it safe to travel in November 2012

by ourluxor Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM

The above answer is entirely correct! I live between Egypt and England, and Egypt is certainly the least dangerous of the two.
    Visiting the sites of antiquity will be as safe as anywhere, but the hawkers and traders make it a challenging experience.
    As for train travel, apart from the sleeper cabins on the tourist sleeper trains, they are quite dirty, with toilets which become rather unpleasant relatively quickly! I don't think that the trains run into Sinai, though, if that's where you want to go.

• Re: Is it safe to travel in November 2012

by Willii Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Yes of course it's safe, as long as you stay in groups and in crowd, and visit the well known places you'll find no problem at all doing this
    and don't go out after 12 am

if you're coming in a group with a travel company then don't worry at all they know all these stuff and where to go and where not to and it's pretty easy to be safe in Egypt, most places are safe

if you're going to walk alone in the Capital (Cairo) try to avoid wearing revealing clothes as it's not the Egyptian culture of clothes, lot of people may start starring at you, but in Sharm you can wear whatever you like and do scuba diving too very safe :D

Welcme to Egypt and have fun of each moment

• Re: Is it safe to travel in November 2012

by Willii Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Yes of course it's safe, as long as you stay in groups and in crowd, and visit the well known places you'll find no problem at all doing this
    and don't go out after 12 am

if you're coming in a group with a travel company then don't worry at all they know all these stuff and where to go and where not to and it's pretty easy to be safe in Egypt, most places are safe

if you're going to walk alone in the Capital (Cairo) try to avoid wearing revealing clothes as it's not the Egyptian culture of clothes, lot of people may start starring at you, but in Sharm you can wear whatever you like and do scuba diving too very safe :D

Welcme to Egypt and have fun of each moment

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pyramids of Giza