Pyramids of Giza Travel Answers

change location

visiting pyramid with a baby

by mumin71 Online Now May 13, 2009 at 1:53 PM

hi, i would like to ask is the pyramid area family-friendly? is there any baby changing facility? we will be visiting end of this month. we have a 20 months old baby with us.

what time should we go? morning/afternoon? please tell me. thank you.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • wise23girl's Profile Photo

Re: visiting pyramid with a baby

by wise23girl Online Now May 13, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Cairo was a culture shock . The town was very busy , seemed to be no traffic rules, rubbish everywhere. The pyramids are right on the edge of the city and there was a MacDonalds across the road which could have facilities. I did see a toilet block in Pyramid area but did not go inside.There was a sand storm when we were there. Weather was pleasant ...early April.
    Our toilet needs were met at one of the better"tourist emporiums"and you could happily change a baby there.
    We were on a tour bus from a ship QM2 and it was very busy mid morning with all our buses.. But apart from someone trying to sell you something every minute it seemed friendly enough.
    I did notice a lot of families and young people.
    My niece adores Cairo by the way.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: visiting pyramid with a baby

by mumin71 Online Now May 14, 2009 at 10:37 AM

thank you for your reply. now i have some idea about the area.

• vdoortje's Profile Photo

by vdoortje Online Now May 15, 2009 at 7:01 AM

"Naema in Egypt" - Egypt Travelogue by vdoortje

We have been to Egypt 8 times. My daughter went there with her 11 month old baby at the time (now she is 17 monthts) last November and they loved it there. She had no problems what so ever taking her 11 month old baby there.

The time you would go to the pyramids depends on the time of year. My daughter was there mid November. Weather is perfect around that time of year. If you plan to go there mid summer (I wouldn't!!!) as early in the morning as you can plan is what I would advice. Stay inside from 11 AM till 5 PM with a small baby. Give your baby lots and lots to drink and cover his/her head all the time you will go outside.

• TheLongTone's Profile Photo

by TheLongTone Online Now May 17, 2009 at 3:31 PM

....failities at the Pyramids are pretty rudimentary....it may be diffiullt or impossible to avoid getting some sand in the nappy! Good luck. I'd agree that as early as possible, before thye heat builds up. There isn't much shade.

• petergeorge87's Profile Photo

by petergeorge87 Online Now Oct 15, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Hello Friend..

Frankly saying Pyramid areas aren't family-friendly plus there is no baby changing facility too....you must go there i between 11 am to 4 pm,because it is the best time to visit there...

With Regards,
    Peter George.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Pyramids of Giza