Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular P'yongyang-si Travel Answer Locations

• A Malaysian wants to visit North Korea from Beijing

P'yongyang Feb 18, 2013 at 5:04 AM

Hi All,

I'm just getting very excited about visiting North Korea when I learned moments ago that Malaysian actually don't need a visa to visit North Korea (source:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touris...">en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touris...).

Now, does that mean I can just buy a ticket and hop on a train, or plane, from Beijing to Pyongyang without involving any travel agency like KoryoTours?

Basically, I'm totally clueless how to proceed from knowing the fact 'Malaysia don't need visa to North Korea' to actually get myself in Pyongyang's soil. I'd greatly appreciate if y'all would provide guidance and info about that for me.

Regards, Brendan

2 Answers Feb 18, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • BhimB's Profile Photo

Travelling 'by oneself' to North Korea?

P'yongyang Feb 3, 2006 at 3:42 AM

Hi,

I may want to go to North Korea from Beijing when I'm travelling Asia this spring. I am far from sure yet, but would like to ask some questions about it nonetheless.

- Is it possible to enter the country without a group?
      - Should I go to NK, I plan on going only 3 days (from wednesday to saturday, P'yongyang only). How much would this cost approximately? I assume everybody more or less spends the same amount of money... Would travelling 'alone' mean I have a personal guide (which I have to pay for myself)?
      - Should i go, I would decide this only about a few days in advance, when I'm in Beijing. Is this enough time to get a visa for NK? How long does it usually take?
      - I will have been to South Korea before visiting NK, so I will have a South Korean Visa in my passport as well. Could this be a problem?

I hope anyone can enlighten me.
      Thanks!

Bhim

4 Answers Feb 4, 2006 at 2:57 AM
    • e-mail adress of ibocongag hotel and Yanggakdo

P'yongyang May 14, 2004 at 6:15 AM

who can help lost the e-mailadress of the two hotels, need them urgendly. thanks in advance for your help best regards massai

2 Answers Dec 20, 2005 at 8:46 PM