change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mggm59's Profile Photo

Best side of the Andes

Chile Mar 1, 2015 at 12:11 PM

I am planning a trip by car in October-November in Argentina and Chile, and I am thinking of arriving to Cueva de las Manos from Peninsula Valdez and then drive north to Atacama, passing by Barilloche et Mendoza on the Argenitina side and Puerto Montt and Santiago on the Chilean side.
      The doubt is whether it is nicer to drive between Cueva de las manis and Barilloche on the Argentinean side and then cross in to Chile, or to cross into Chile south and then enter Barilloche area and tour it.

Then I have the same doubt, i.e. is there anything worth seeing between Barilloche and Mendoza, or is it better to go back to Chile and drive to Santiago and then go to Mendoza from there.

I am quite experienced in driving in Argentina, having already driven more than 10.000km there in the north and extreme south, and given the cost of car drop-off, I am not interested in using planes or other means of transport, except maybe to cross the lakes (but is it possible to take the car across to Chile that way or is it only for pedestrians?)

more
    • Kalina85's Profile Photo

Lauca - how to get around?

by Kalina85 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Hello!

I am going to visit Arica and from there I am planning to go to Putre and Lauca National Park. I would like to ask for recommendation as to how to move around the park, I understand that it covers quite a decent area (too large to see it all on foot in one day) and that is why I am wondering whether to a). rent a car and move around on my own, b). take an organized tour from Arica to Lauca, c). try to wait and see whether I can get some organized tour from the hotel in Putre where I will be staying. Can I ask anyone who has already been there to recommend what is the best option? I should add that I will be a solo traveller and that makes a thing a little bit more complicated....

6 Answers Jul 2, 2014 at 12:19 AM
    • Fonfon's Profile Photo

Gas in Putre?

by Fonfon Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Hello, can someone confirm that there is a gas station in Putre? I am going there in 3 weeks with a rental car and will spend 3 days visiting the parks and lake Chungara. So I will have to refill the car. Thank you for your reply
      Patrick

5 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 1:17 AM