Putrajaya Travel Answers

change location
Induc's Profile Photo

Putrajaya by bus

by Induc Online Now Mar 24, 2011 at 10:56 PM

HI
Me and my husband are planning a trip to Malayasia in May 2011. On 28th May we have half a day free to visit Putrajaya. We are new to KL.

1. What bus is available from KL Sentral to Putrajaya (Rapid KL)
2. From Rapid KL bus how do we go to the Putra Lake Jetty. Any bus available?
3. What are the boat timings in the morning and what is the duration.
4. Putrajaya visit, we have to go to Airport-LCCT. Is there a bus route to LCCT or else what is the most convinient way.
5. Apart from Boat ride , any other place hat can be visited in Putrajaya in a limited time.

Looking for advise

Induc

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • asianbelle's Profile Photo

Re: Putrajaya by bus

by asianbelle Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I don't know how far things have changed since my visit in 2005, but here are what I can share:

1. Instead of bus, you can take the KL Transit (not KL Express). This train goes to the airport but have few stops along the way including Putrajaya.

2. From the train station, there are buses but at the time of my visit, they don't go to popular landmarks so I hired a cab that took me on an hour tour of the entire complex.

3. Not familiar ;)

4. As I mentioned in #1, KL Transit goes to KLIA. I'm not sure (you can verify with other VTs) but I think you can take a connecting shuttle from KLIA to LCCT.

5. You can have a rolling tour of government offices, official residences, mosque, and parks.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Induc's Profile Photo

by Induc Online Now Mar 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Thankyou Asianbelle,

Your guidance was quite useful. I shall plan trip to Putrajaya as suggested by train.

Regards
    Induc

• fareq2004's Profile Photo

by fareq2004 Online Now Apr 5, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Hi,

As a Putrajaya's resident, this is my advice...

1.From KL Sentral to Putrajaya, you may take Metrobus/RapidKL number 69 to Putrajaya but I'm fully advised to to take ERL or the other name, KLIA Transit because its not convenience to take bus to Putrajaya. It may stop at Bandar Tasik Selatan, Putrajaya/Cyberjaya, Salak Tinggi and finally at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA). Don't take KLIA Express because its direct to KLIA only. You may refer to http://www.kliaekspres.com

2.RapidKL/MetroBus or ERL/KLIA Transit will stop at the same place, Putrajaya Sentral. You may took a taxi or Nadi Putra Bus over there. Most of the Bus will go to the same popular route. Or you may mention Putra Mosque or Dataran Putrajaya to them. The jetty is located near the mosque with the walking distance.

3.the boat is known as Cruise Tasik. Boat timing is every 30minutes and the duration is depend on what package you want to take.You may refer to http://www.cruisetasikputrajaya.com/

4.Currently, there is no ERL/KLIA Transit route to LCCT (But they already develop it). But you may go back to Putrajaya Sentral and took the KLIA transit to LCCT. The railway is not complete yet but they prepare a shutter bus at Salak Tinggi Station direct to LCCT. So, take a KLIA Transit,buy a LCCT Ticket, stop at Salak Tinggi Station, took a KLIA Transit Shutter Bus direct to LCCT.

5. Beside boat ride, you may go to PICC (Putrajaya International Convention Centre) to see a full view of Putrajaya, go to its Parks, mosque and etc.

Hope my replies help you.

regards,

Fareq Rizal
    www.facebook.com/fareqrizal

• Induc's Profile Photo

by Induc Online Now May 11, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Hi Fareq,

Thanks for your reply. It was very useful. Earler we were to land in LCCT in the night and next morning we wanted to visit Putrajaya, and then proceed to LCCT for next day's flight to Bangkok. Now Air Asia has rescheduled its flight and we are reaching next morning. We have rescheduled our Bangkok flight also 2 hours later. Thus we do not have time to see Putrajaya and rush to LCCT.

Now we have planned to see Putrajaya on our return leg where we will have one full day at our disposal. We wish to stay near KL Sentral. As we have lot of time we do not mind traveling by bus to make trip economical.

We saw on net that there is Express bus from Rapid KL 'route E1' which passes via KL Sentral and goes to Putrajaya. This is an express bus route and it takes 30 to 35 minutes as claimed by one of the traveller.

Please confirm if E1 is a fast route from KL Sentral to Putrajaya.

Also please advise what all to see in Putrajaya.

Thanking you

Induc

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Putrajaya