Putrajaya Travel Answers

change location

Botany Park or Wetland Park?

by Oyico Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 1:22 AM

Well, I would like to get some opinions about these 2 destinations mentioned above. Botany Park & Wetland Park in Putrajaya.
If I want to organise half day school trip(secondary) for about 110 students and 8 teachers to Putrajaya, which place will be more suitable?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • zahaniszakuan's Profile Photo

RE: Botany Park or Wetland Park?

by zahaniszakuan Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Hi,
    Depends on what is the purpose of the school trip.
    Botany Park is a quite place, good for contemplation. Occupied 92 hectarec of plants and keeps 700 local plants as well as those from Afika and Asia Pacific
    Wetland Park is a largest man-made freshwater wetland. Covers area of 138 hectares Wetland Park.Consists of swamp forest and open freshwater areas like ponds and lakes. Water birds spotted area. And there's a 80meter lookout tower to watch birds and to have a bird's-eve view of Putrajaya.

zahaniszakuan
    http://www.malaysiatravelog.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cleomedes's Profile Photo

Re: Botany Park or Wetland Park?

by cleomedes Online Now Jan 13, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Last days I visited both of them.
    Taman Wetland is huge, some buildings, exhibitions and roads are still under construction. But they have no map, what makes it little difficult to get around. They have only one cafe, which was closed. If you go there rent a bicycle.
    Taman Botani is very well maintained, nice walks, located at the lake. Excellent Seafood Restaurant and picknick area, you can walk aswell as rent a bike or paddle boat, they have guided tours too.
    I would prefer Taman Botani.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Putrajaya