Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• chail trip

Chail Apr 10, 2015 at 2:50 AM

Hello vt travellers....

I am travelling to chail with a toddler need inputs from you experts

A)temperature is going 2 b 21 degrees during day and 8 degrees at night. So packing warmers and sweatshirts for kid. During day a plain cotton t shirt. Hope that ok.
      C)places to eat...recommendations on what to order.
      D)places to visit...

Answer

more
    • panipat for bedsheets

Panipat Apr 10, 2015 at 2:39 AM

Fellow vt travellers....panipat would fall enroute to my trip from delhi to shimla. Where can i shop for good quality bedsheets for kids with cartoon characters.

more
    • Imlonetraveller's Profile Photo

Trip to mussoorie

Mussoorie Mar 29, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Anyone can help with mussoorie trip by bike? Kind advice please about cheap hotel, place to see around, advice for wonderful night, any place which is open late in the night

more
    • Lungis in Thiruvananthapuram

Thiruvananthapuram 8 hours ago

Are lungis common in this are and if so how come gymshorts are seen as less conservative?

more
    • Clothes in india

Thiruvananthapuram 9 hours ago

Is is ok to wear gym shorts here?

more
    • Secure and Best Place to Live in Indore For Girls

India Apr 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM

My question is that which is the best place to live for girls in India while working on project within affordable budget ?

more
    • getting helicopter tickets offline

Katra Apr 22, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Is there any chance of getting helicopter tickets offline?

more
    • travelling to shimla

Simla Apr 10, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Hello vt travellers....

I am travelling to shimla with a toddler need inputs from you experts

A)temperature is going 2 b 21 degrees during day and 8 degrees at night. So packing warmers and sweatshirts for kid. During day a plain cotton t shirt. Hope that ok.
      B)as im driving in my own car i wanted to know how can i enjoy a ride in toy train but not kill so many hours of mine in d slow moving toy train...meaning a short trip in toy train kinds suggestions.
      C)places to eat...recommendations on what to order.
      D)places to visit...

more
    • Type of Road

Srinagar Apr 6, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Is entire journey over hilly roads ? Or it involves some part in plain roads? Approximate division in terms of time / distance ?

more
    • PareshPahuja's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodation in McLeod Ganj

McLeod Ganj Apr 4, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Hello Nomads,

I'm visiting Dharamshala this month. Will be travelling on super tight budgets.
      I was wondering whether I should pre book my accommodation or I should just reach and then look for one. If any of you know of any budget places (say about Rs. 200-300 a night) in McLeod or in Bhagsu, please let me know.

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it easy to flag and board a taxi in Eillots's Beach?

Chennai (Madras) Mar 28, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Hi, Chennai VT,

Is it easy to flag and board an ordinary taxi in Eillot's Beach and anywhere else in India without calling a taxi in advance? Will taxi drivers without passengers stop to allow passengers to board if passengers flag?

I just want to avoid the autos.

more
    • any impact of earthquake in manali or shimla?

Manali 2 hours ago

Is there any impact of earthquake in delhi,shimla or manali?
      We have booked a tour for shimla Manali for 29th !!!
      Is it safe to travel?

more
    • abhinavhere's Profile Photo

Delhi-Reshikesh on motorbike in April or May 2015

India Apr 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Hi Friends,
      Planning a 4-5 days motorbike ride from Delhi to Reshikesh and slightly ahead in the Himalayas in April or may so anyone who wants to join me for the ride is most welcome.Dates can be discussed and finalized.

more
    • Manali Visit on 4 April

Manali Mar 30, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Sir

Is it safe to visit Manali on 4-6 April 2015 according to weather????

more
    • Houseboating

India Mar 26, 2015 at 7:21 PM

HI,
      Has anyone taken an overnight houseboat from Kumarakom Lake Resort? I am wondering if the boat just cruises around Vembanad Lake or if it goes into the smaller canals? Or, can anyone recommed a Luxury One-bedroom houseboat cruise from Alleppey?
      thanks

more
    • Just help me.

India 17 hours ago

Sir,
      I am going to pattaya as well as bangkok on 1st of May. I am going for the1st time and I m a solo traveler. Sir, Plz advice me in which bars and night spots will welcomed me as a tourist. Which place (gogo and bars) should I avoided, or I may be avoided. Plz suggest.

more
    • Jewelery & Bag Factories in Rajasthan

Udaipur Apr 21, 2015 at 4:35 AM

Hi,

Can anyone pls give me the address of jewelry and bag factory in rajasthan as i would b travelling to India and would like to visit .
      Thanks in Advance

more
    • Best and safe place to stay for group of female travellers.

Goa Apr 14, 2015 at 5:52 AM

We are a group of female friends planning to visit Goa in July first week. We are interested in lazing around in the beach shack during the day and going pubbing at night. We are confused between Baga, Calangute, or Morjim (also taking safety into consideration). Any recommendations for any beach side tents or cottages at reasonable rates are also welcome :) TIA.

more
    • Urgently need guidance

Srinagar Apr 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM

Helo everyone. Me and my husband are planning to visit srinagar this weekend on ltc basis. Kindly someone guide us, can we take the trip now? is it safe now? Please anyone give us clarifications so that we can plan accordingly.

more
    • Clothes in india

Thiruvananthapuram 9 hours ago

Is is ok to wear gym shorts here?

more
    • need advice

Goa Apr 21, 2015 at 5:44 AM

hi i want to go to goa this week , how is the climate now, we want to join a night party in goa

more
    • nppandit's Profile Photo

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

Bikaner Mar 30, 2015 at 7:10 AM

where do find best laal maas and safed maas

more
    • Imlonetraveller's Profile Photo

Need companion

New Delhi Mar 29, 2015 at 10:53 PM

I am travelling mussoorie by bike in couple of days. Anyone need company?

more
    • need your help

Srinagar Mar 29, 2015 at 11:55 PM

good morning
      there is heavy rain in kashmir as i heard. is there is worry of flooding ? how safe to be there during this period? is roads closed between srinagar and other cities?
      thank you

more
    • Honeymoon in the month of June in India

India Apr 4, 2015 at 3:57 AM

I'm planning for honeymoon in the mid of June.
      My budget from 50 thousand - 70 thousand all inclusive(The lesser the better).

I have few concerns as below.

1. Location: Since its a start of monsoon in india, It will be raining or it will be too hot in the most part of the india.
      Which is nice location with cool climate around this time

2. Honeymoon Package: Which option should I choose. Booking hotel by my own or through travel agency
      booking through travel agency there are two options . 1. they arrange honeymoon for couples together(group honeymoon). or provide individual honey package.

So basically, I have to choose a nice honeymoon location at the same time trying to save few bucks.

One of the travel agency offered me a below package.
      Shimla - Manali - chandigarh: 6 D / 5 N: 67800 thousand including air fair.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks in advance

more
    • Udaipur to Pushkar

by Moulay1979 Online Now Feb 11, 2015 at 10:23 AM

What is the best way to travel from Udaipur to Pushkar? What is the distance? How long those the trip take place? What does it cost?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • professional Guide

by Rajveer2002 Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 4:41 AM

how we get professional Guide at pushkar ?

5 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • Going for a day

by vt1026 Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Hi,

I am going to Pushkar this weekend and will be staying there for 1D1N. How should I spend my time there to make the most of it. Thanks.

16 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 12:33 AM
    • ashish1965's Profile Photo

My Pushkar trip..

by ashish1965 Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

I am planning to visit pushkar in Novem 1st week with my family Will the season be right? can any one reccomend a moderately priced hotel near the pushkar lake?
      Thanks
      Ashish

10 Answers Jul 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    • Jaipur to Pushkar

by ronishab Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 3:55 AM

Whats the cheapest way to travel to Pushkar from Jaipur and how much time does it take? thanks !

11 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How Long To Stay

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I will be stopping over at least one night in October to see the camel fair in Pushkar. I will be coming from Agra or maybe somewhere in between (?). I see the travel distance is about 6 hours from Agra so would like to find somewhere to see on the way to Pushkar, if there is anywhere that is ?

So arriving late afternoon I guess and staying one or two nights? I read there is not much to see here besides the start of the camel fair and a walk around the lake. I am thinking if I arrive late afternoon from either Agra or ?? then a full day in Pushkar, one more evening and then move on to Jodhpur.

Does that sound sensible?

10 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 10:01 AM
    • nilanjanbee's Profile Photo

Pushkar to Udaipur

by nilanjanbee Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Are buses or taxis available from Pushkar to Udaipur? How much time would a taxi take and what are approximate charges?

4 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    • Trying very hard to book into hotel Ram Kuti, Puskar

by Alicialouise Online Now Dec 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Dear People,

Every avenue I have tried, by mail, by personal emal (not in use any more) by telephone....does not get there has failed. I am arriving in Puskar on 18/19th January 2011, staying for about 4 nights. Will travel to Ajmer by train and take Tuk-Tuk from there. This hotel is very well situated for my needs.
      Do you think it is wise to just arrive and hope for the best, that there will be a room available.

Kind Regards,
      Alicia Myburgh

4 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Cna not find the hotel

by Terje1966 Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hi

I was in Pushkar in 2005 and slept in a wery nice hotel. Now I cant seem to find
      it and i have forgotten the name.
      Just after we entered Pushkar from Ajmer we took a sharp turn to the left. Then we followed a narrow road almost to the end(a few hundered meters and there was the hotel on the right side of the road. The hotel had 3 floors (I think) and an open air restaurant(not on roof)in the end that turned away from town. The small pool was also on that side. From this restaurant you had a perfect view of the mountains and temples in the hills and in the backyard close to the hotel there was a large garden growing wegetables.
      Can anyone help me with this hotel name ?
      And by the way. I recommend it!

5 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    • Any bar, clubs in Pushkar or Ajmer?

by girlie_guy Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Will be travelling to Pushkar this friday...just 3 more days.
      Can anyone tell me where do I hang out in Pushkar in the night(not late night though)..is there a place where I can sit and have a beer or something?

Any Rave party happening? I knew Pushkar is famous for that. Isnt it?
      Thanks

4 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    • punair's Profile Photo

Does Pushkar have half day - 1 day camel safaris?

by punair Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 3:52 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to go to Pushkar for 2 days in Oct (not during the fair) Are there camel safaris/tours other times of the year?

Thanks in advance

Rgds
      Priya

1 Answer Aug 5, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    • Best hotel in Pushkar

by travelerbee Online Now Jun 30, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Alright, you'll ask "what's best?"

Anyone know of ahotel that is

1.Near The ghats/overlooking ghats
      2.With big, clean, rooms?
      3.If possible air conditioned because it will be really hot when we get there?
      4.What kind of price can we expect to pay?

Thanks

4 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    • update on Pushkar tent lodging during camel fair

by mollynsteve Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 3:02 PM

We are taking a tour of Rajasthan through Indus Travels in Canada and will stay a night in Pushkar near the end of the camel fair. All the advance information indicated we would be staying in a hotel but now we are told we will stay in a tent, and so far they have not been able to tell us at which tent camp. While the tents sound fine for lodging, I am concerned about security of luggage, etc. in a town of 14,000 invaded by 200,000 during the fair. I would appreciate any information/insight anyone could provide. We are seniors. Thanks.

2 Answers May 24, 2008 at 7:00 AM
    • information about a shop in Pushkar

by isora Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 6:15 AM

I should like to know the address and mail, if exists, of a shop in Pushkar ( Rajastan) the shop of textil and handcrafts is YOGESH'S its location is in the way to Pushkar Palace ( the main road of Pushkar) I have lost the visit card and I should like to contact him to order some things that I have seen there in my last journey in Pushkar.

Thanks

• matthewadunn's Profile Photo

puskar camel festival 2005

by matthewadunn Online Now Oct 26, 2005 at 4:25 PM

Where is the best place to stay for the festival pushkar or ajmer?
      Is accomodation easy to find on about the 9th Nov 2005

We will be staying for about 24 hours in the area, arriving from Agra by train. We would like to stay somewhere clean and safe.

Cheers

Matt

1 Answer May 31, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    • Pushkar Fair Accomodation

by Benjamin01 Online Now Sep 20, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Hiyah

This question is a pretty similar to the one below, sorry.

I am going to be in Pushkar for the Camel fair in November and was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent budget hotel.

Thanks for your help

1 Answer Sep 29, 2005 at 10:57 PM
    • marjanh's Profile Photo

Pushkar Festival/accomodation

by marjanh Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 10:02 PM

I am thinking about a trip to India in November and this would include a visit to the Festival in Pushkar. Accomodation is in a tent. Has anybody been here during the Festival? Is it really worth the visit? Who can tell me more about those camps with tents?

3 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 3:53 AM
    • pushkar accom

by anthonyho Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 10:31 PM

can anyone help with advice on good,cheap accomodation in pushkar during march. i'm travelling with my wife and mother, so i need a triple and prefer on the ground floor. any suggestions would be great! thanks everyone.

2 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM