change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How Long To Stay

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I will be stopping over at least one night in October to see the camel fair in Pushkar. I will be coming from Agra or maybe somewhere in between (?). I see the travel distance is about 6 hours from Agra so would like to find somewhere to see on the way to Pushkar, if there is anywhere that is ?

So arriving late afternoon I guess and staying one or two nights? I read there is not much to see here besides the start of the camel fair and a walk around the lake. I am thinking if I arrive late afternoon from either Agra or ?? then a full day in Pushkar, one more evening and then move on to Jodhpur.

Does that sound sensible?

more
    • soundchaseruk's Profile Photo

How Long To Stay

by soundchaseruk Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I will be stopping over at least one night in October to see the camel fair in Pushkar. I will be coming from Agra or maybe somewhere in between (?). I see the travel distance is about 6 hours from Agra so would like to find somewhere to see on the way to Pushkar, if there is anywhere that is ?

So arriving late afternoon I guess and staying one or two nights? I read there is not much to see here besides the start of the camel fair and a walk around the lake. I am thinking if I arrive late afternoon from either Agra or ?? then a full day in Pushkar, one more evening and then move on to Jodhpur.

Does that sound sensible?

10 Answers Yesterday
    • nilanjanbee's Profile Photo

Pushkar to Udaipur

by nilanjanbee Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Are buses or taxis available from Pushkar to Udaipur? How much time would a taxi take and what are approximate charges?

4 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 4:30 AM
    • Trying very hard to book into hotel Ram Kuti, Puskar

by Alicialouise Online Now Dec 24, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Dear People,

Every avenue I have tried, by mail, by personal emal (not in use any more) by telephone....does not get there has failed. I am arriving in Puskar on 18/19th January 2011, staying for about 4 nights. Will travel to Ajmer by train and take Tuk-Tuk from there. This hotel is very well situated for my needs.
      Do you think it is wise to just arrive and hope for the best, that there will be a room available.

Kind Regards,
      Alicia Myburgh

4 Answers Dec 14, 2011 at 7:30 AM
    • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Cna not find the hotel

by Terje1966 Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM

Hi

I was in Pushkar in 2005 and slept in a wery nice hotel. Now I cant seem to find
      it and i have forgotten the name.
      Just after we entered Pushkar from Ajmer we took a sharp turn to the left. Then we followed a narrow road almost to the end(a few hundered meters and there was the hotel on the right side of the road. The hotel had 3 floors (I think) and an open air restaurant(not on roof)in the end that turned away from town. The small pool was also on that side. From this restaurant you had a perfect view of the mountains and temples in the hills and in the backyard close to the hotel there was a large garden growing wegetables.
      Can anyone help me with this hotel name ?
      And by the way. I recommend it!

5 Answers Aug 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM
    • Any bar, clubs in Pushkar or Ajmer?

by girlie_guy Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Will be travelling to Pushkar this friday...just 3 more days.
      Can anyone tell me where do I hang out in Pushkar in the night(not late night though)..is there a place where I can sit and have a beer or something?

Any Rave party happening? I knew Pushkar is famous for that. Isnt it?
      Thanks

4 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    • punair's Profile Photo

Does Pushkar have half day - 1 day camel safaris?

by punair Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 3:52 AM

Hi,
      I am planning to go to Pushkar for 2 days in Oct (not during the fair) Are there camel safaris/tours other times of the year?

Thanks in advance

Rgds
      Priya

1 Answer Aug 5, 2010 at 8:59 AM
    • Best hotel in Pushkar

by travelerbee Online Now Jun 30, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Alright, you'll ask "what's best?"

Anyone know of ahotel that is

1.Near The ghats/overlooking ghats
      2.With big, clean, rooms?
      3.If possible air conditioned because it will be really hot when we get there?
      4.What kind of price can we expect to pay?

Thanks

4 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    • update on Pushkar tent lodging during camel fair

by mollynsteve Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 3:02 PM

We are taking a tour of Rajasthan through Indus Travels in Canada and will stay a night in Pushkar near the end of the camel fair. All the advance information indicated we would be staying in a hotel but now we are told we will stay in a tent, and so far they have not been able to tell us at which tent camp. While the tents sound fine for lodging, I am concerned about security of luggage, etc. in a town of 14,000 invaded by 200,000 during the fair. I would appreciate any information/insight anyone could provide. We are seniors. Thanks.

2 Answers May 24, 2008 at 7:00 AM
    • information about a shop in Pushkar

by isora Online Now Sep 13, 2006 at 6:15 AM

I should like to know the address and mail, if exists, of a shop in Pushkar ( Rajastan) the shop of textil and handcrafts is YOGESH'S its location is in the way to Pushkar Palace ( the main road of Pushkar) I have lost the visit card and I should like to contact him to order some things that I have seen there in my last journey in Pushkar.

Thanks

• matthewadunn's Profile Photo

puskar camel festival 2005

by matthewadunn Online Now Oct 26, 2005 at 4:25 PM

Where is the best place to stay for the festival pushkar or ajmer?
      Is accomodation easy to find on about the 9th Nov 2005

We will be staying for about 24 hours in the area, arriving from Agra by train. We would like to stay somewhere clean and safe.

Cheers

Matt

1 Answer May 31, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    • Pushkar Fair Accomodation

by Benjamin01 Online Now Sep 20, 2005 at 6:59 AM

Hiyah

This question is a pretty similar to the one below, sorry.

I am going to be in Pushkar for the Camel fair in November and was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent budget hotel.

Thanks for your help

1 Answer Sep 29, 2005 at 10:57 PM
    • marjanh's Profile Photo

Pushkar Festival/accomodation

by marjanh Online Now Feb 24, 2005 at 10:02 PM

I am thinking about a trip to India in November and this would include a visit to the Festival in Pushkar. Accomodation is in a tent. Has anybody been here during the Festival? Is it really worth the visit? Who can tell me more about those camps with tents?

3 Answers Nov 1, 2007 at 3:53 AM
    • pushkar accom

by anthonyho Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 10:31 PM

can anyone help with advice on good,cheap accomodation in pushkar during march. i'm travelling with my wife and mother, so i need a triple and prefer on the ground floor. any suggestions would be great! thanks everyone.

2 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM