Pushkar Travel Answers

change location

update on Pushkar tent lodging during camel fair

by mollynsteve Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 3:02 PM

We are taking a tour of Rajasthan through Indus Travels in Canada and will stay a night in Pushkar near the end of the camel fair. All the advance information indicated we would be staying in a hotel but now we are told we will stay in a tent, and so far they have not been able to tell us at which tent camp. While the tents sound fine for lodging, I am concerned about security of luggage, etc. in a town of 14,000 invaded by 200,000 during the fair. I would appreciate any information/insight anyone could provide. We are seniors. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: update on Pushkar tent lodging during camel fair

by celima Online Now Oct 23, 2007 at 6:26 AM

Don't worry. I have been to the Pushkar fair in 1984 and everything was very well organized. The tents are quite big, with beds, you collect your bucket of hot water in the morning, you have meals in a really big tent where the food is prepared and kept in big stainless steel containers. It is really fun and at night you have shows, you can walk around, have tea, see all the animals, the people coming from different villages with their different clothing. It is really special !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelshow's Profile Photo

Re: update on Pushkar tent lodging during camel fair

by travelshow Online Now May 24, 2008 at 7:00 AM

While we were there during the last festival, we met a number of satisfied tourists who were staying tents. They do put you in the center of the fair. We stayed at an inexpensive hotel alongside the lake it self and we were very happy to be so close into town. We also awoke to the pilgims bathing in the water. We found that very convenients. I would do so again if we went. Investigate that possiblity.

Stan Diamond

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines