Puntarenas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coconut Grove

Dominical Apr 8, 2014 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It seems quite nice, and a good option (ie. meaning it's well reviewwed, around the $100 range and close to the beach).

We're trying to decide between Coconut Grove and Villas Rio Mar, which seems like another great option.

Thanks!

more
    • How to get there?

Corcovado National Park Mar 26, 2014 at 6:40 AM

Hey,
      how do you get from Heredia to Corcovado? Is there a some kind of trip possible? Since im travelling alone i would not mind a booked tour for 4 days or something.
      Thank you very much. I would not want to miss Corcovado but its very hard to get there.

more
    • is a car necessary?

Dominical Apr 6, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Hello, VTers! We have decided that we're doing 4 nights and 5 days in the Dominical / Quepos / Manuel Antonio area.

We're trying to do it without a car, but I'm not sure if it would make things very inconvenient for us, and it's just not worth it do that area without a car.

We arrive in Quepos via shuttle on the morning of Day 1, and we plan to go straight to Dominical. Would you recommend taking a public bus, or taxi down to Dominical from Quepos, if we don't have a car?

Then we were planning on spending the day in Dominical and Uvita on Days 1 and 2. For Days 3 and 4, we were planning on moving up to Quepos and MA, and then we fly out to San Jose on Day 5.

Would you recommend staying in Quepos / MA for the entire 4 nights, and doing day trips down to Dominical and Uvita? Or is a good idea to spend 2 nights in Dominical, and then 2 nights in Quepos? Do you recommend a car to do this? Or do you think that public transport is adequate? The bus from Quepos to Dominical seems to take 2 hours.

Even in Dominical, it seems it's advisable that we have a car. We were hoping to find accommodations (around $100 per night) in Dominical, but I can't seem to find a good place right in town. The good places seem to be either over $150, or pretty shabby. The places that are reasonable and well rated seem to require a car, as they're just outside of Dominical (ex. Villas Rios Mar).

What are your thoughts in trying to do this area without a car?

Many thanks in advance!

more
    • 1Scott1's Profile Photo

Travel from Double Tree to Many Locations

by 1Scott1 Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Help! I booked my flight but now I must be able to travel to several places. From San Jose to the hotel near Puntarenas, then to Arenal, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde...Prefer to do this cheap. Is there one place I can contact to get everything needed to get from place to place and does anyone have the contact information? Thanks..

2 Answers Jan 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • john62's Profile Photo

do you know anyone giving private half day tours

by john62 Online Now Dec 30, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Four senior citizens stopping here in april 2013 on a cruise ship stop.
      We are seniors, non-drinkers, just want to hire a car and driver for a
      few hours plus rest room stops. If you can put me in touch with someone
      we would appreciate it. thanks johnbanker62@yahoo.com

2 Answers Jan 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    • Computer availability

by cajunmanray Online Now Aug 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Do you have a computer guest's can use to check email?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    • Monteverde Trainforest from Puntarenas

by vonysc Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Is there any way to get to Monteverde trainforest from the cruise ship terminal at Puntarenas. If taxi is only option, roughly how much would it cost. Many thanks . Vonysc.

• Skywalk, Carara National Park

by vonysc Online Now Oct 6, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Will be ariving in Puntarenas Costa Rica from cruise ship and wondered if anyone knew if we could get to the Carara Nat` Pk' by shuttle and how much it would be, or how much a taxi and driver would charge for the day. I've read the park is free to enter, but do you have to pay to use the "skywalk" cable bridge. Thanks to any one who can help. Vonysc

• kpmiami's Profile Photo

Transportation from Cruise harbor in Puntarenas to the Manuel Antonio National Park

by kpmiami Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I am looking for bus transportation information...
      Thanks, Klaus Peters

3 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    • Taxi to Playa Santa Ana in Puntarenas

by jeana-r Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hi,

Will be visiting Puntarenas on a one day stop and would like to visit Playa Santa Ana. I believe it's the closest beach in town.

Is there an easy inexpensive way to get the beach? Taxis? Can you tell me approx the taxi fare and whether or not I have to make arrangements for a taxi to pick me up and return me to the Cruise ship dock?

Many thanks

1 Answer Jan 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    • December 29

by meijk Online Now Nov 26, 2008 at 12:28 PM

Hi, Also we will visit Puntarenas for one day. The privately owned tour operator is sold out for that day. Does anybody know a local with a van who can take us out sightseeing?

Regards,
      Karen

3 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    • Car rental

by lengerer Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 6:44 AM

Hi
      Will be arriving with a cruise ship at Puntarenas (city) pier (in April 2007, for one day) and want to explore the coast INDIVIDUALLY! I have been trying to find a CAR RENTAL possibility but without success. Please help!
      Thanks!
      lengerer

1 Answer Feb 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM
    • bobnfran's Profile Photo

Puntarenas for a Day!

by bobnfran Online Now Dec 19, 2005 at 1:29 PM

My wife and I will be in Puntarenas for just one day (arriving by cruiseship) on January 3rd from 9:00am to 6:00pm. We want to see and do as much as possible in this very short time. We would appreciate a suggested "itinerary" of must-see and must-do activities from morning to night.

We are "young", active seniors and would be open to all ideas and suggestions. We like hiking, rafting, etc..the Canopy Tour sounds interesting. We know it will be a whirlwind day, but we are ready and willing.

If there are any local VT's who could be available to personally guide/drive us thru this day, that would be even better!

5 Answers Dec 24, 2005 at 12:36 PM
    • Puntarenus Costa Rica

by parseau Online Now Jan 26, 2004 at 6:30 PM

Various news articles are describing Puntarenus as an extremely bad haven for petty theft and con-artist., as is most of the tourist towns of Costa Rica. I would like to know HOW BAD is it. Has anyone had first hand experience, good or bad. Bryan

1 Answer Jan 29, 2004 at 9:32 AM