Puntarenas Travel Answers

change location
1Scott1's Profile Photo

Travel from Double Tree to Many Locations

by 1Scott1 Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Help! I booked my flight but now I must be able to travel to several places. From San Jose to the hotel near Puntarenas, then to Arenal, Manuel Antonio, Monteverde...Prefer to do this cheap. Is there one place I can contact to get everything needed to get from place to place and does anyone have the contact information? Thanks..

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Double Tree to Many Locations

by blueskyjohn Online Now Jan 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

While the cheapest way to go to all those location is by bus, it is very time consuming. If you have that much time, great! However the most convenient way is to rent a car. You can rent a compact car for less than20usd per day. There is mandatory insurance not factored in so be prepared. I am in Costa Rica now. I rented a premium SUV and the required insurance is about 30% more than what any website quote. Just be prepared. The insurance is required, no exceptions.

Good luck!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Travel from Double Tree to Many Locations

by Homanded Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Just returned from Costa Rica and did almost exact same itinerary as you describe - we drove.
    Driving is easy however (and that's a BIG however), you will need a GPS or you'll have difficulty finding any address as there are no street signs or clear directions to anywhere.
    GPS will work remarkably fine regardless of whether you're driving mountains or jungle. Never once lost signal.

Driving is also EXPENSIVE!!! high tolls, HIGH HIGH HIGH mandatory insurance (ours was300.00 for the 9 days we were actually using the car) and, depending on season and place of rental, rental car prices can be much higher than some cities in the USofA.

Have a great trip, we enjoyed ourselves.
    Homer

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines