Puntarenas Travel Answers

change location
kpmiami's Profile Photo

Transportation from Cruise harbor in Puntarenas to the Manuel Antonio National Park

by kpmiami Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I am looking for bus transportation information...
Thanks, Klaus Peters

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • arg323's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Cruise harbor in Puntarenas to the Manuel Antonio National Park

by arg323 Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 2:28 PM

The public bus station is just one block ahead from the cruise dock, (East) but you should know the service is very poor, there is a big station with blue/white buses but this is service to San Jose, buses to M.A. are leaving every 3 hours and they just stop to pick up at the road side, if you are planning to get this transportation back and forth for one day (10 hours) as mostly of the cruise ships are schedule to call on this port, I don't recommend you this choice, the bus take about 3:30 hours to do this trip one way, it is so tight and you'll be most of your time on the bus, if you drive it takes just 2 hours but there is no reliable rental around Puntarenas, there is thrifty but not well managed. I recommend hiring a driver for the day if you don't want to get a ship's excursion.
    Odyssey Tours CR is highly recommended on many forum sites.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kpmiami's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Cruise harbor in Puntarenas to the Manuel Antonio National Park

by kpmiami Online Now Sep 20, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Thanks you very much. I appreciate this feedback, KP

• Re: Transportation from Cruise harbor in Puntarenas to the Manuel Antonio National Park

by esthu Online Now Oct 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM

I would also recommend hiring a private driver for the day, puntarenas to manuel antonio would take about 2 hours, you can spend a few hours in the park have some lunch downtown and head back in time for your ship, the park is closed on mondays hopefully that wont be the case, I have used explorica.cr before and they can pretty much personalized your day tour and they have pretty good prices

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines