Punta del Este Travel Answers

change location

Punta del Este for NYE

by clickity Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Hi,

My name is Clark. A group of friends and myself were looking for a trip to that region over New Year's. The trip would be an eight day spread. We are two couples and two single males with our ages ranging from 24 to 28. Our main drive is the Paul van Dyk concert in Buenos Aires on New Year's Eve night at Club Hipico. I am aware that Buenos Aires is not the place we want to stay for nights out on the town, and beaches. I was directed toward Punta del Este for that environment, but I still have questions. Is Punta del Este where we might enjoy ourselves finding beach parties, clubs on the beach, good food, and moderate activities to occupy an eight day stay? My main focus is to accomodate the two single males, as the couples will have an easier time settling in. Is the single nightlife something worth looking at as well?

I appreciate any responses.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • rafscab's Profile Photo

Re: Punta del Este for NYE

by rafscab Online Now Oct 15, 2007 at 4:50 AM

Hi Clark,

No doubt about that. Punta del Este is the right place. Head to the port area for good food and to "La Barra" for night clubs and parties.
    Enjoy your stay,

Rafa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zionstar's Profile Photo

Re: Punta del Este for NYE

by zionstar Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:12 AM

Hi Clark

I'm jealous. I was in Argentina and Uruguay last December, January and really like it a lot. Punta del Este is great for parties, good food, fun and nice beaches. But I recommend taking a few days to drive further along the Atlantic coast to La Paloma and Punta del Diablo (only one hour by car). Two lovely little fisher towns with tremendous beaches, a bit more quite but still lot's of fun. In the youth hostel I stayed in La Paloma I met many people from all around the world, but also Argentinians and Uruguayans. I got to enjoy some great barbecue parties and at least in La Paloma we also went out to some very fun discos.

Anyway have fun. I'm sure your single male friends will enjoy themselves :)

Christine

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines