Punta del Este Travel Answers

change location
Robert6101's Profile Photo

Need Punta del Este help!

by Robert6101 Online Now Aug 4, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Hi
My name is Robert and I will be traveling to Punte del Este in September and will be staying a week. This is my first trip to South America. I do not speak Spanish. I would like to have a tour guide for one or two days to get me through any language problems and take me around the area. I am renting an auto. The tour guide does not necessarily have to be a professional, anyone with a mastery of Spanish/English will do.
If you know of someone who would be interested, please forward their phone number and/or e-mail address.

Thank you

Mi nombre es Roberto y viajaré a Punte del Este en septiembre y permaneceré una semana. Éste es mi primer viaje a América del sur. No hablo español. Quisiera tener un guía turístico por un o dos días para conseguirme con cualquier problema de la lengua y para tomarme alrededor del área. Estoy alquilando un automóvil. El guía turístico no tiene que necesariamente ser un profesional, cualquier persona con una maestría de español/del inglés hará.

Si usted sabe alguien que sería interesado, por favor, hagáse seguir su número de teléfono y/o dirección del E-mail.

Gracias

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • loboviejo's Profile Photo

Re: Need Punta del Este help!

by loboviejo Online Now Aug 22, 2007 at 9:05 AM

Oi Robert,

I am guessing that you will travel by plane to Montevideo. When you get to throught customs, in the airport lobby, you will find a Touist Information office. The very attractive ladies who work there speak English, and should be able to give you some leads in finding an English-speaking guide, as well as other info.

I would recommend picking up a small Spanish phrase book to help make your trip more enjoyable. (At least you could always point to the phrase you want to use!)

Rental cars are rather expensive in Uruguay, so you might want to check out the FINAL cost of renting before taking off. Please know that there is an excellent bus service in the country! Also, taxis are good and not that expensive. Since you do not speak Spanish, you have to be especially careful. Ask a lot of questions at the Tourist Office.

I will be in Montevideo around the first part of September (depending on what my dentist does to me in Buenos Aires!), and would be glad to give you a few tips if you get lost. Have a great trip!

JAC

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Punta del Este