Punta de Mita Travel Answers

change location
Beanboy1's Profile Photo

June Holiday in Punta Mita

by Beanboy1 Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 6:40 AM

My wife, 18yr son and I are planning a trip to Punta Mita in June and I am wondering if I should buy/exchange US Dollars for Pesos before I get to Mexico?
Also, is there safe activities for a teenage boy to do by himself without getting in to trouble?! We will be staying at the Fairmont Rancho Banderas Vacation Villas.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: June Holiday in Punta Mita

by LolaRiley Online Now Apr 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM

I hope you love Punta Mita as much as we do. Yes, you should exchange dollars
    for pesos because if you use US dollars the merchants will often convert the exchange for you while rounding in their favor or using their "own" conversion
    rate. If you pay in pesos there is no question that you are being charged the
    correct amount.
    Concerning your son. Punta Mita is very quiet. Of course there is surfing close by etc but in terms of more social entertainment he would have to go into the city of Vallarta (long way away) or a better choice would be to have him
    head into the small hippy town of Saluylita which is quite close. It has great
    people watching, surfing etc and there is something of a night life if you ask
    around to find the right bars or music scene. He should feel safe taking a cab
    back home. It is only about 10 miles. When we are feeling restless we will also go to La Crux a small town about 12 miles away (toward PV). They have a
    small but reliable music scene at some of the bars (Anna Bananas, Philos). Ask
    around town or google search for who is playing where when. The town is small and very friendly. More young people however in Saluylita.
    have fun. Lola

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines