Punta de Mita Travel Answers

change location
denaligriz's Profile Photo

Name of beach???

by denaligriz Online Now Sep 20, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Hola,

I am trying to remember the name of a beautiful wide sandy beach maybe 30 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta. I think it is the first beach you come to on the main road after you leave Manzanilla heading toward Punta Mita. It is very near the road and there is a a nice outlook from the road overlooking the beach. There is a small free parking area with some concession stands on the beach. It is very common with local families and crowded on the weekends, the sunset is beautiful. According to a map I found it is north of Las Cargadas. Attached are links to a Nayarit map with an arrow pointing to the beach and another with an actual picture from the beach.

I seem to remember but I'm not positive, maybe confusing it with somewhere else, but I think there may be an archway entering into the parking area and the name is on the arch. But I'm not sure.

Anyone know the name?

Thanks!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v...

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • madamx's Profile Photo

Re: Name of beach???

by madamx Online Now Sep 20, 2008 at 8:45 PM

I think it may be Playa Destiladeras

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • denaligriz's Profile Photo

by denaligriz Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Yes!!! I think you are right. I did a Google search and I think you are right. How did you know?

• madamx's Profile Photo

by madamx Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 7:36 AM

I looked in the Moon Guide to Puerto Vallarta, they have a map. Glad I could help.

You can look at some of the guides online, just google Moon Guides

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines