Punta Arenas Travel Answers

change location

Getting from Punta Arenas to Rio Gallegos?

by traveldreamer108 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I am hoping to be in Punta Arenas on April 4. I would like to take a 17:10 flight from Rio Gallegos back to Buenos Aires on April 5. The only bus I have been able to find between PA and RG is Pacheco Buses at 11:30 am, which would be cutting it too close. It seems insane that we should be ready to leave Punta Arenas on the night of April 4 but unable to get to Rio Gallegos in time for a 17:10 flight the next day. Do you have any recommendations for other ways to get there? Are there any other buses? Can I take connecting buses (maybe get closer to the Chilean border on the evening of 4/4 and take the bus from there the next morning?). Car rentals that can be dropped off in Argentina? (If you have prices that would be really helpful). I looked up flying from Punta Arenas but it would cost700! I'd really appreciate any help!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Getting from Punta Arenas to Rio Gallegos?

by vtveen Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Don't know where you come from to Punta Arenas, but flying back to Bs As from El Calafate might be an option. There are more frequent buses from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales and further to El Calafate.

happy travels
    Jaap

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines