Punta Arenas Travel Answers

change location

Must see Penguins - Magdelena Island Ferry

by BeyondNYC Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 10:15 PM

VT Chile Travel Forum - Help and Advice From Your Fellow Travelers
Welcome back, BeyondNYC
your homepage | your travel pages | email | notices consoleNEW! | settings | log out | help
Home
Travel Guides
Hotels
Flights
DealsNEW!
Members
Meetings & Events
Do It Yourself Guides
Forums
TRAVEL FORUM: Chile
Travel Guide | Hotels | Forum | Things To Do | Top 5 Pages | Deals | Members | Meetings & Events
Home » Forums » South America » Chile

The VirtualTourist Travel Forum. The travel forum is where you can ask for help on any aspect of a trip you're planning. When 643,185 members from over 200 countries put their heads together, you're sure to get accurate, up-to-date and unbiased insights that you won't find anywhere else.

Travel Forum Guidelines | Posting To The Right Location | Members
Return to where you were in the Forum

Go to the top of the Travel Questions Forum
Travel Questions Forum | VT Site & Technical Help Forum | Miscellaneous Forum + Post A Question
Forum
Chile
Question
Chile:Magdelena Island - Book in advance?
Posted: Wed October 05 20:37:06 2005 EDT
There are only 3 boats per week to Magdelena Island from Punta Arenas (Tues, Thurs, Sat).

I arrive in Punta Arenas on a Friday (1/20/06) and want to take the boat to MI on Saturday 1/21, the boat holds 240 passengers... do they fill up way in advance in high season?

I was hoping to book upon arrival - 1 day in advance. I found a tourism sight where you can book passage in advance that includes hotel pick-up for 2X the price (boat is30us, advance reservation+hotel transport =60us). I don't mind paying more if it is possible that I arrive in PA on Friday 1/20 to find that the Saturday 1/21 boat is already booked.

Do these boats get booked in advance? Do I have a good chance of arriving on a Friday afternoon in Punta Arenas and booking the Saturday boat to Magdelna Island?

Thank you.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ignore above post

by BeyondNYC Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 10:19 PM

sorry,
    beyondNYC

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines