Puno Travel Answers

change location

Puno then Copacabana

by Arly143 Online Now Mar 7, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Hi,
Hi i arrive from cuzco to puno and want to visit islands, and next day take the bus in the morning to copacabana.
Can i visit floating islands and taquile in one day?
Any other islands on the peruvian side i shouldn´t miss?
Since I leave next morning to Bolivia, should I spend night at Puno instead than at an island with a family?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gfinesilver's Profile Photo

Re: Puno then Copacabana

by gfinesilver Online Now Mar 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM

the bus from cobacabana to cuzco isn't too long and there should be departures throughout the day which would give you enough time to get off the island of your choice (Taquile or Amantani). to visit the Uros floating islands, which i consider to be a waste of time, on the same day, you will need careful planning probably through an agency (like Edgar). they might organize trips that go from the Uros directly to the other islands for the homestay, but i'm not sure. speak w/ the agency or someone might respond here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • risse73's Profile Photo

Re: Puno then Copacabana

by risse73 Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I second the suggestions. Best you can do is visit the Uros floating islands and Taquile in one FULL day. Your hotel/hostel can pre-arrange this for you inexpensively. Yes, spend the night in Puno & take off for Copacobana the next day. Good Luck & Enjoy Beautiful Peru!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines