Pune Travel Answers

change location

Pune - Shirdi - Mumbai in 2 days

by sharma_amity Online Now May 21, 2011 at 4:42 AM

I ll be in pune next week and ll have two free days on week end (Sat-Sun). I want to utilize these two days by going to Shirdi on first day and Mumbai on second day. I have questions regarding this:

1. Is it possible to visit these two places in two days. In Shirdi I just want to have darshan and back to Pune and in Mumbai I just want to visit Marine drive, Juhu beach and Ashtvinayak Mandir. I am seeing it possible by having hectic schedule by travelling 8 hrs daily.

2. If yes then what should be my travelling mode Taxi or Bus?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Pune - Shirdi - Mumbai in 2 days

by Donna_in_India Online Now May 21, 2011 at 5:44 AM

Hi - that is a little hectic but certainly doable. Take an overnight bus on Friday from Pune to Shirdi to arrive early morning for darshan (full darshan from 7 a.m.). Then take the bus directly to Mumbai so that you arrive by evening and spend the night in Mumbai.

I am assuming you want to see both Juhu beach and Marine Drive at night? If so, then you can take a bus from Shirdi directly to Andheri(W) and take a short rickshaw trip to Juhu beach but time it so that you arrive in Juhu by about 9-10 p.m. (I think that bus leaves Shirdi around 11-11:30 a.m.). You can then take a taxi to Marine Drive and spend the night somewhere in town. Or you can do it the other way - take the Shirdi bus to Mumbai (town), take a taxi to Marine Drive and then onto Juhu. If you want to visit either place in the day, then you can adjust the itinerary to your liking.

On Sunday you can take a taxi back from Mumbai to Pune, stopping at Ashtavinayaka Mandir on the way.

Another option would be to take a taxi from Pune to Ashtavinayaka Mandir Friday night and continue onto Shirdi where you could spend the night. Then continue as I've detailed above. You'll have to decide based on when you can leave Pune, if you want to take taxi vs. bus, etc.

Bus info:

mustseeindia.com/how-to-reac...
    makemytrip.com/bus-tickets/s...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Pune - Shirdi - Mumbai in 2 days

by sharma_amity Online Now May 22, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Thanks Donna this information is certainly helpful.

• Re: Pune - Shirdi - Mumbai in 2 days

by travel1212 Online Now Jun 22, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Hey man 48 hours is more than enough to cover this two places. Just follow my plans -
    First Day -
    Take entire pack of language for these two places. and first cover Shirdi. Take Darshan and have launch over their only. After few minutes rest just start a journey for Mumbai. It is because Mumbai you have so Many place to cover. And secondly the Distance between Mumbai and Shirdi is only 5 hours by Bus. You will reach Mumbai by 8 PM. Find a guest house and than take rest over thier. If feel to roam than you go to nearest place or beach side. You will not get any problem for Transport or Food as Mumbai run 24 hrs.

Second Day -
    Now Cover each place which is near to you. Or you can Book the Mumbai Darshan Traveler who helo visitor to see Mumbai in Day. Ans end of day you can go back to Pune as you will get bus for Pune till 11 at night....

Imp Note - You need to keep something in mind that --
    1. Book Lodge before you land here..
    2. Never fight with stranger
    3. Do not dirty City.
    4. Never Share your personal Information with any body.....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines