Pune Travel Answers

change location

Best and Cheap Place to live in Pune

by Ashu2011 Online Now May 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM

I had visited to Pune and it is really nice. It is called the "OXFORD OF EAST" ! Here so many good educational institutes and it is an hub of IT and Automobile sector. The nearby places are Mumbai ( Bollywood) and Goa. You can get direct buses and flights from Pune. If anyone needs more information about Pune do contact me on write2ashu2011@yahoo.com

Could you please tell me about Gemrmany and Switzerland hotel details? Please guide me about the best tourist spots to visit there

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Best and Cheap Place to live in Pune

by Donna_in_India Online Now May 20, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Hi - welcome to VT! If you let us know when you plan to visit Germany/Switzerland and how long you have to travel, and what your interests are, we'll be able to better help you out.

In the meantime, travelling by train is easy and comfortable. A popular place in Switzerland is Interlaken. From there you can visit Jungfrau - also known as the top of Europe. There is even a Bollywood restaurant up there! From the Interlaken area there are several other cable cars up to the mountains (such as Shilthorn), Trummelbach Falls near Lauterbrunnen, and lots of sporting activities (such as hangliding). We stayed at a great hotel (Rugenpark). You can read some of my tips here..."Stunning Beauty All Around" - Interlaken by Donna_in_India.

In Germany, Munich/Bavaria is a great place. The Deutches Museum could keep you busy for days. The Residenz and Schloss Nymphenburg are fascinating. My Munich tips are here..."A Great City!!" - Munich by Donna_in_India. You can head out of Munich to visit the magical castles of Hohenschwangau. My tips are here..."Magical Castles!" - Hohenschwangau by Donna_in_India.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo

Re: Best and Cheap Place to live in Pune

by CatherineReichardt Online Now May 20, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Hi Ashu
    Can I suggest that you start by writing up some travel tips on Pune so that other travellers can benefit from your local knowledge, since information posted on this busy forum quickly get lost?
    If you don't know how to do this, type 'Pune' into the blue box in the top right hand corner and press 'Go' to move to the Pune page. Therefater, follow the prompts for "Write a Tip".
    Regards and welcome to VT!
    Cathy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines