Pulau Tioman

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kitchenwares in Tioman

by lor3tta Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 5:52 AM

Are the kitchenwares like pots (zebra brand) and happy call double sided grill pan, etc cheap in Tioman like they are in Langkawi?

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • star-gazing

by tiolo Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 2:46 AM

can we do star-gazing at Tioman? which part is suitable? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    • Going in February

by matthew.pidoux Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Hi I'm interested in going to Palau Tioman in late January, early February and was curious about the monsoon. Is the resort open to tourists during this time of the year. Are the main snorkeling and diving spots open?

Can you recommend any other alternatives if this is the case during this period from late January to early February.

Many Thanks

Matthew Pidoux
      matt_pidoux2900@hotmail.com

3 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
    • Asah waterfalls

by sojournexx Online Now Nov 1, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Hi do you know if I can hike from Tunamaya Resort to Asah waterfalls? I prefer hiking to taking a speedboat. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Tioman island Exploration

by gladys4134 Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Hi, here are several questions dat i would like to ask bout tioman island:
      How long will it take usually if I were to explore the whole island? is the distance between the attraction spots far frm each other? Is it possible like we walk frm one place to another? Is the transportation fees like using boat very expensive? We r juz students n dunno how to ride motorcycles though ...so currently troubled wif wat transportation to be used if planning to travel the whole island....

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 11:45 AM
    • Ferry for car fr Mersing to Tioman Island

by phaik32 Online Now May 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Hi gurus, is there a ferry service that carries car fr Mersing jetty to Tioman island itself? I'm travelling with a total of 7pax young and old alike and on a budget too. Thank you

4 Answers May 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM
    • budget accommodation for family with preschoolers

by avocado1 Online Now Apr 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM

we are looking for safe accommodation near/at the beach, where our kids can spend most of the time playing on clean sand, and hopefully snorkel/ swim near /feed fishes, without having to book a boat to another area. We'll probably book a boat for only once in our trip of 5 days. any recommendation. With restaurants nearby. accommodation budget around RM100-130 per day. thanks for any suggestions!

1 Answer Apr 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    • AlexB99's Profile Photo

pirates in Tioman??

by AlexB99 Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Hi evwryone. Heard some report of piracy off the east coast of malaysia in recent years. Does anyone know if this is true and if Tioman is affected?

7 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • How to Book Ferry tickets in advance for this Saturday morning 27 October?

by VriskiC Online Now Oct 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hi, i have searched online and called a few number to book my tickets but no one answered the phone

Jeti Penumpang Jabatan Laut
      Jalan Abu Bakar
      86800 Mersing

07 799 7222
      (F) 07 799 2922

Amir 017 306 9635
      Farif 012 762 4718

Auto Mersing

Ferry (about 2 hours or so)
      Unit No.1 Tourist Centre,
      Jalan Abu Bakar, 86800 Mersing, Johor
      Tel : 07-799 6019
      07 799 3123
      Fax : 07-7995118

Please advise the correct number to book the tickets..thank you so much

4 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    • HadrienR's Profile Photo

T

by HadrienR Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Hello,
      We are going to hire a van from 28th september to 30th september; Who might be interested? If you are, please send me a message to roubert_adrien@hotmail.com

thank you,

• Go to Tioman

by genesis77 Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I wish to get travel partner to Tioman staying at Salang. I hope to go soon.... Anybody? I prefer females...

2 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM
    • Surfing in september

by TessieB Online Now Jul 23, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Me and my boyfriend are planning a trip to Malaysia from mid september to the beginning of October.

We are thinking about visiting Pulau Tioman as it sound amazing. He loves to surf, but it sounds like most people come to surf in the monsoon at the end of October and November. Would it be possible to surf from Juara in late September?

I'd love to hear if anyone has seen people doing it at this time of year or tried themselves.

3 Answers Sep 9, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    • Query on accommodation.

by mahanayamd Online Now Jul 5, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Hi,

Me and my wife, we will be coming to Tioman from Singapore.
      Have a few queries on the place.
      We are traveling on a budget. We would basically like to enjoy relaxed beach on a day, and go for a snorkeling trip on the other day.

Can you please advise as of which village in Tioman will be the best to stay for us?

Thank you in advance. :)

4 Answers Oct 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    • Backpackers Trip

by q4qasim Online Now May 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Hello I am planning to go to Pulau Tioman alone, to explore this beautiful island. I live in KL. Please let me know how to go there, and it is necessary to make pre booking of hotels. Can we make on spot booking?
      Please reffer the hotels near some good beach along with the prices my budget is RM 100 p/nite.
      R.S.A.P

4 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    • Tioman Waters

by mtolderlund Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I am considering going to Pulau Tioman for the first time. First time to Malaysia alltogether.

I am thinking about staying at Berjaya Tioman Resort, which supposedly should have decent snorkeling right off the beach. Is this true?

If it is, how are the waters there generally? I am not really a strong swimmer.

If there are better places on the island to snorkel off - which has calm waters - I'd appreciate if anyone would mention them :-)

Thanks in advance

5 Answers Feb 10, 2012 at 3:21 AM
    • Maria&Florin's Profile Photo

Accommodation booking in advance necessary?

by Maria&Florin Online Now Jul 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM

We plan a 10days escape in early October....can't decide though where wiuld be the best accommodation around 50usd/night on a nice beach and few massage parlors nearby for us and the 5yo kid....
      Is advance bookings really necessary or we can handle it on spot too?
      If really needed, any lodging reccomendations, please? We only need nice beach, affordable massage and if possible, a bar or two :-)
      Many thanks, already.

• Four S Cafe

by pawali Online Now Sep 21, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Where is this pub located i mean near to which chalet.

Pls advice thanks

1 Answer Sep 21, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    • In Delima

by pawali Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Hi guys,

Please advice me on the following issue im planning to go to tioman for the first time with my wife. My expectation is too have a good clean beach and beach walk and nice barbeque in night with open bars, Inn the afternoon just sit near the beach with tender coconut drink.(no Snorkerling)

My question is when i sufr the net on tioman there is some issue on monster lizard nad phyton so my wife is very particullar on this issue and she is sensetive to. There are two resort in my mind Bamboo Challet(ABC) and Samudra swiss cottage (Tekek village)

Which place should fit for my taste and best avoid the monster lizard, phython and tigers.

Confused.

1 Answer Sep 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM
    • Is it better to pre-book boat rides to Tioman? From Mersing to Tioman Island

by estheronholiday Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Is it better to pre-book boat rides to Tioman, or is it safe that at anytime we arrive at Mersing there will be plenty of boat rides or ferry rides that we can buy on the spot?. I am going on a public holiday.
      As i tend to drive there, i dont know exactly what time i arrive to Mersing, so i was thinking would it be a good idea that once i arrive, i can buy the next boat ticket out??.

Also, I am staying at berjaya tioman hotel, does the ferry or speed boat dock near the berjaya hotel?, or how do i get from the dock to the hotel??

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    • tshiq's Profile Photo

Paya Beach Resort, Tioman

by tshiq Online Now Aug 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Hello everyone,

Greetings! Has anyone stayed at Paya Beach Resort recently? Would appreciate your comments and feedback on this place. I've come across 2 feedback here, one pretty good and the other, not so good. Would appreciate your feedback.. to at least break the tie.

I'm planning a trip end Sept and would appreciate your help. Thanks and have a good day!

• Tioman Advice Please

by AntOJohannesburgSA Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Hi All

I will be staying at Japamala resort in October this year. I have been reading all your suggestions about visiting various beaches, snorkeling, jungle trekking and dining on the beach. I was wondering how accesible other beaches and restaurants are from Japamala? Can I walk or take a water Taxi and what would you recomend is the best beach in Tioman?

I see also that people have recomended snorkeling tours and an island tour? Would I be able to book these from Japamala or elsewhere?

Is there any transportation available at night?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much
      Anthony

• about japamala

by thanonis Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 4:22 AM

if there is anyone who had been to tioman and stayed at japamala please let us know your experiences and how good are the beaches near japamala resort. Also if possible do suggest us the "do's" and "dont's" as well at japamala.
      thank you

• Ferry to Tioman : Current Weather / Sea State

by cm4 Online Now May 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Hi all, greetings.
      Regarding taking ferry to tioman, what's the current weather and sea state?
      Thanks in advance.
      cm4

2 Answers May 30, 2010 at 2:11 AM
    • tafferx's Profile Photo

Tioman advive and geting to Juaru

by tafferx Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Hello,

I would like to go to Tioman islands on the 23rd of February (Tuesday) (in 4 days). Its the only time I can go - give or take a day as I have a flight from Singapore on the March the 2nd. I just wondering how reliable are the ferries if the weather is bad. i checked the forecast and it said it was raining a bit in the afternoons. Will this stop the ferries.

I want to get off at Telak and then stay in Juaru. What is the best way to get there?

1 Answer Feb 20, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    • Urgent! How to get to Mersing jetty from Segamat??

by travelgurl Online Now Feb 13, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Hi

Can anyone help me, I would like to know how to get to Mersing Jetty from Segamat.

Is there any road sign that I can follow?

Do I need to use the North South Expressway and exit at Ayer Keroh( some websites say so)

Thank You. As I am leaving soon, would appreciate anyone's help.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 6:40 AM
    • speedboat / ferry from mersing to tioman island

by rasydanamir Online Now Dec 28, 2009 at 11:30 PM

how much per trip??
      time?

1 Answer Dec 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM
    • Tioman or Redang?

by tomelliott1984 Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi, I'm arranging a beach holiday with my girlfriend once the monsoon season is over and I'm torn between Redang or Tioman. Can anyone advise as to which is nicer?

Thank you

Tom

6 Answers Nov 30, 2009 at 2:08 AM
    • andydob27's Profile Photo

Tioman to Kecil

by andydob27 Online Now Nov 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I was wondering how long it takes for the ferry/bus/ferry trip from Tioman to Kecil? And is it possible to do it in one day if I take the first ferry off of Tioman.

Thanks.

Andy

1 Answer Nov 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM
    • Accommodation

by anything04 Online Now Jun 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM

We plan to travel to Tioman this July, any recommendation for chalet in Ayer Batang beach.

Would like to stay budget, any comment for Johan's Resort?

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Sand Flies in Tioman

by kengyuin Online Now May 21, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Hi planning a trip with my family and we have 2 young kids. have heard that there are lots of sand flies in Tioman esp at berjaya. Anyone has inputs on that?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2009 at 4:24 PM