Pulau Tioman Travel Answers

change location

In Delima

by pawali Online Now Sep 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Hi guys,

Please advice me on the following issue im planning to go to tioman for the first time with my wife. My expectation is too have a good clean beach and beach walk and nice barbeque in night with open bars, Inn the afternoon just sit near the beach with tender coconut drink.(no Snorkerling)

My question is when i sufr the net on tioman there is some issue on monster lizard nad phyton so my wife is very particullar on this issue and she is sensetive to. There are two resort in my mind Bamboo Challet(ABC) and Samudra swiss cottage (Tekek village)

Which place should fit for my taste and best avoid the monster lizard, phython and tigers.

Confused.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ronniepj's Profile Photo

Re: In Delima

by ronniepj Online Now Sep 19, 2010 at 4:53 AM

i stayed at berjaya so i cant comment on the 2 resorts u mentioned.

regarding the wildlife...
    - there are no tigers in tioman. even on the mainland they are extremely rare. my brother worked with the native malaysians going into the deepest/most remote parts of our jungles and he only saw a tiger once.

- pythons are around but u probably wont come across one in the wild. there are other faster moving snakes that you may spot but they are mostly trying to get away from you.

- the lizard u mentioned is the monitor lizard. they too want nothing to do with u. there are lots on tioman but will not confront/attack u.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines