Pulau Sipadan Travel Answers

change location

Where to stay?

by silverz Online Now Mar 20, 2004 at 12:07 AM

Hi, Is there much difference where I stayed if I wanted to dive in Sipadan? Would it make much difference if I stayed in Mabul or Kapalai, or would it be much better if I just stayed on SIpadan island instead?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BikiniBug's Profile Photo

Re: Where to stay?

by BikiniBug Online Now Mar 20, 2004 at 4:41 AM

Hi there, Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai are amazing dive sites, all of an international standard. If you have time you should explore all three otherwise skip Mabul. If you choose to dive in Sipadan alone, you should just stay on the island as the drop off point for diving is right at your doorstep. Sure enough the huts are not as nice as the ones in Kapalai (luxurious cottages), but then you are there really more for diving as opposed to the accommodation. If you must, spend no more than a night each in Kapalai and Mabul for the experience. You'll be marveled by the array of sea creatures you'll see on your dive trip, enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Where to stay?

by obiwanwasabe Online Now Mar 21, 2004 at 11:55 PM

Kapalai is between Sipadan and Mabul and it is easy to reach both islands, If you stay on sipadan we noticed it was bad for flies and some mossies and the guys we spoke to there had anly dived sipadan and one visit to kapalai and had been there for a week! no-one had been offered dives on mabul., the resorts there were not of the same standard as Kapalai, if you stay at Kapalai most of your dives will be there unless you let them know the day before and then they will take you diving where you request, mabul is 10 mins from kapalai, sipadan is about 20 mins.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines