Pulau Redang

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ipad/iPad mini / iPhone

Kuala Lumpur 53 minutes ago

Hi I'm looking for ipad, iPad mini & iPhone accessories. Where would I go for best range & best prices. Also wanting to buy iPad mini is it worth buying here when we are from Australia with the different adapters ?

more
    • Clinique skin care & Mac make up

Kuala Lumpur 1 hours ago

Hi Looking for the best place to buy Clinique & Mac make up? I know KL is full of shopping & we have just arrived & it's so overwhelming haha so which shopping centre is best priced?
      Thanking you in advance

more
    • pick up point

Kampung Bukit Tinggi Jun 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM

where to wait for the shuttle service back to time square? can i take the shuttle bus back to time square straight away from french village ?

more
    • SKYWAY is safe for pregnant women

Genting Yesterday

I AM GOING TO GENTING WITH MY 6 MONTHS PREGNANT WIFE, IS IT SAFE TO RIDE ON SKYWAY.

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Help! desparate for accommodation

State of Sabah Jul 19, 2014 at 4:06 AM

Can't find any accommodation on the net for July 20 , tomorrow.
      Is there any walk in accommodation on the island.
      Feeling pretty desperate just now.

more
    • Are there any bars?

Negeri Kelantan Jul 15, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Is alcohol allowed and if so what is the average price of a beer?

more
    • Embroidery on cloth

Kuala Lumpur Jul 9, 2014 at 11:12 PM

We're going to visit KL in Sept, would like to find a stall in a market or plaza, who does the embroidery. We have a coming anniversary for our club, would like to have few caps and T- shirt embroilded as souvernir ( 4 caps, 10 T-shirt). Yes, we have our design and artwork ready.
      Please direct us to them as we are the first timer visitor in KL.
      Thank you

more
    • need information

Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan Jul 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM

hi,
      my husband and i are planning to visit Labuan next month. may be stay for 3 nights 4 days. can you suggest me the best place to stay where everything is walking distance and where can I get cheap seafood restaurant

Thanks

more
    • BWHoeben's Profile Photo

Visiting Tabur Hill

Kuala Lumpur Jul 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Hi guys!

I'm visiting Kuala Lumpur from 17 to 20 July. I heard there is some beautiful nature around KL, I want to visit Tabur Hill on the 18th of July. However, I heard it could be dangerous to go alone, can anyone advise me on finding a partner or group to go there?

Cheers!

Bart

more
    • Live Music

Muar Jul 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Is there any live music nearby?

more
    • Indian dance clothing

Kuala Lumpur Jul 19, 2014 at 2:49 AM

Where can I buy authentic indian clothing for the bharat natyam dance in KL. I know I have to look in little india but is there any shop in specific who sells clothing like this?

more
    • Gold jewellery remodelled

Kuala Lumpur Jul 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Where is the best place to go to have some gold made into a bangle or ring etc?
      Thank you in advance

more
    • hair dye/henna

Melaka Jul 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

Please can anyone tell me where I can buy hair dye or henna. I'm based at klebang kecil.thanks

more
    • changi to legoland

Johor Bahru Jul 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM

Hi. I will be travelling from changi to legoland early in the morning of october 26 sunday (is it a peak season?). I want to know which route is FASTER and easier (immigration.wise and transfers). 1. Changi to sg flyer then sg flyer to legoland via wts? Or 2.changi to kotaraya ii then kotaraya to legoland via taxi? Or 3. U hv a suggested route? Im travelling with luggage and 4 yr old daughter. Thank u so much.

more
    • alamtapash's Profile Photo

Penang, Lankawi and KL Trip

Malaysia Jul 19, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Dear All,

Hope you all are well. Thanks for your good support against my earlier posts.

Finally I along with my wife and two kids are going to Malaysia on 2nd August night.

This is my first trip to Malaysia. Would you let me know the tourist attractions in Penang, Lankawi and KL? I have done all accommodation, flight (local and international) etc in those three places. Now I require to know the details of tourist places/attractions of these three locations?

Penang: I will reach Penang on 03rd August Morning and will stay there till 7 AM of next day (4th August). = Pls. let me know what are the tourist attractions in Penang ?

Lankawi: From Penang I will reach Lankawi at around 12:30 PM. I will stay in Lankawi next day (5th August) 7 PM. = Pls. let me know what are the tourist attractions in Lankwi ?

Kuala Lumpur (KL): I will reach Kuala Lumpur from Lankawi at around 9:30 PM on 05th August. I will stay in KL till 4 PM on 7th August. i.e; In KL i will 2 days almost = Pls. let me know what are the tourist attractions in KL?

Thanking you in advance,

Shariful Alam, Tapash

more
    • LehaG's Profile Photo

what to do at day time and night time

Pulau Langkawi Jun 24, 2014 at 6:51 PM

Hey buddies.. I'm going to Langkawi Island for 5 days on weekdays (october) and could you guys please suggest any activities for day time and night time. cheers and thanks in advance.

more
    • airport to mertajam

Bukit Mertajam Jun 24, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Is there any bus direct from airport to mertajam and from mertajam to airport?

more
    • Transport in Kuching taxi:bus or rent a car

Kuching Jul 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Hi All, we are 2 couples and we plant to visit Kuching during 5 days. Do you think it's better to rent a car or use transport like taxi, bus, ... ?
      If rent a car .. is it easy to drive in Kuching and around?
      Thanks !

more
    • womens safty

Kuala Lumpur Jul 15, 2014 at 12:21 AM

is it safe place to work for forign women staying alone in KL

more
    • umar4040's Profile Photo

who is visiting malaysia

Malaysia Jul 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM

anyone going to malaysia in september

more
    • Kula lumpur places to see

Kuala Lumpur Jul 3, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Can you please guide me the places in kula lumpur too look from the hotel ibis, we will be there for 4days, suggest the trancport mode from ibis hotel also

more
    • Where can I get a good beach destination that also has GOOD nightlife?!?!

Penang Jun 26, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Im heading to Malaysia in October with a friend and would appreciate feedback re beach destinations that also have decent nightlife (not hotel bars/piano playing type thing). We want to sunbathe during the day and party at night!
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Steven

more
    • Video camera

Kuala Lumpur Jul 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Where is the best place to buy a video recorder? Just a basic one as we don't use it very often & roughly how much are they?

more
    • Fortune told

Kuala Lumpur Jul 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Is there anywhere in KL where you can have your tarot cards read etc?

more
    • Laksa Lemak

Kuala Lumpur Jun 27, 2014 at 3:13 AM

I heard about Laksa Lemak - a delicious seafood soup - dish in Malaysia. Could any member advise the best place for this dish in and around KL?

more
    • Restuarants

by Margie51 Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 3:48 AM

We are thinking of staying in Pulau Redang for 5 days, we like to eat in the local restaurants can you recommend a good resort nearby to villages.

5 Answers May 13, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    • 1 day trip possible ?

by lennjao Online Now Feb 9, 2014 at 1:10 AM

Hi All,
      I will be in August at Kuala Terenganu for 3 or 4 days and I would like to know if travel agency there propose 1 day trip (transfert , lunch, snorking, ..) to Redang Island ? it is easy (like at Phuket) ? and how much ? Thanks
      Lenn

4 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    • Redang Island, End of January

by tripography Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Dear All, I am visiting Redang Islands in the monsoon season. Has anyone been there in this period. (Jan-feb). As I have read from quite a few places/forums that it is not at all advisable at this point of time. Is it really rainy weather the entire day during this month? Do we not get sunshine at all? I am there for 4 days...

8 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 4:03 AM
    • PrettyG's Profile Photo

Private boat

by PrettyG Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hi anyone used the private speed boat from kuala terengganu???? How much? Can u provide me contact via queenie_mine@yahoo.com

We ll land in kuala terengganu by air before 4pm which we will miss both public n hotel ferry

Please advise soonest...there ll be only two persons

• vtrupai's Profile Photo

Anyone booked Laguna redang

by vtrupai Online Now Feb 15, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Hi All,

Laguna Redang is asking for the below mentioned credit card infrmation For their snorkelling package booking through Credit Card :

Card Holder’s Name: ________________________________
      Passport No.:________________________

Credit Card Number: ________________________________________
      Expiry date: _______________

CVV Number (CID Number): _______________ Card Type &
      (CVV is the 3 digit numbers on the signature strip on back of the card)
      Issuing Bank: _________________________

Is it safe to provide all these information?
      Mainly we are worried for CVV Number (CID Number).As credit card company always say not to provide the CVV Number .

If anyone having experience regarding this please suggest.

35 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    • Traveling to Pulau Redang - advice needed

by urbanmaverick Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to travel to Pulau Redang in the 2nd week of March as we are keen to avail the early bird snorkeling package. We are from India.

I have some queries regarding this: -

1. The dates seem to coincide with school holidays - is there a rush usually at that time?
      2. All the packages require previous online booking - through credit card or bank transfer. Is there any reason for fraud and other apprehension? Any previous instances and what steps we need to safe guard against it. What if the resort simply refuse to acknowledge our payment
      3. Which beach is best to stay considering we have a budget of around 500 MYR per person for the package

I think the queries are basic but would be of great help if anyone can answer quickly

4 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 6:55 AM
    • vtrupai's Profile Photo

Pulau Redang trip in March,12

by vtrupai Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Hi All,

We have planned to visit Pulau Redang in Mid March,12.
      Actually we are making our own trip plan,Not going with any travel agent.
      Will mid march be a bad time?
      Also is it safe to go only 2 persons?

7 Answers Mar 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM
    • Redang in October

by Patout Online Now Sep 12, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Hi :)

We're planning on going on our honeymoon from Oct 10 to 16 and considering Redang. Have been given some advice from travel agents that Langkawi has better weather at that time. Can anyone please advise? Would really prefer Redang if the weather is OK.

Thank you
      Pati

2 Answers Sep 13, 2011 at 3:21 AM
    • beaheg's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Redang

by beaheg Online Now Jun 5, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for accommodation for 5 nights in Redang (mid-range budget). The hotels we have looked at so far have only package deals. We are really not that interested in packages.

Thanks

3 Answers Jun 8, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    • Visit Redang on 16-19Mar11

by hhcyy6218 Online Now Feb 28, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Hi,

We are considering revisit Redang on 16-19Mar11, this time planning to bring whole family which including a 4 years old.

- wish to know how is the weather and sea condition now ...
      - is it ok to bring a 4 years old / children to marine park / deep sea snorkeling ?

Thx

1 Answer Feb 28, 2011 at 5:14 AM
    • Travel from 22nd till 24th October 2011.....

by cwloong1002 Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Can we still go at this period of time......??
      If the resorts r still open, (not sure whether they still do), is it worth it to visit at that period of time....??
      it's quite near the Monsoon rite??
      so it'll be less crowded n cheaper??
      Actually i dun really hv other time free to visit Redang liau....
      Really wanted to go very much.....
      Thanks 4 ur info......

2 Answers Nov 15, 2010 at 6:36 PM
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Accomodation

by capelkay Online Now Jul 22, 2010 at 6:57 AM

can anyone recomend accomodation for family of 4, budget? the hotels i have looked at so far are very expensive. AU100 each per night. Not really interested in packages.
      Thankyou for any information even if to suggest Perentian island is cheaper to stay.

10 Answers Jul 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    • Daytrip to Pulau Redang

by idlan Online Now Jun 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Is it possible to do a day trip to pulau redang?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2010 at 3:51 AM
    • Travelling to Redang in 25~27 Sep 2010, many uncertainy...Worried!

by molly_wong Online Now May 23, 2010 at 3:33 AM

I'm planning to Redang duing 25~27 Sep 2010, however, I heard that the monsoon will be started at that time, should I still go ahead? Coz I really love Sun and Beach and sea soooooo much!

On the other hand, is it very risky if I buy the ticket of overnight bus from KL to TGG just on the day of my arrival at KL (23 Sep)? Easy to be sold out at that time?

So many concerns, hope someone can help me, thank you!

2 Answers May 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    • elliemaybelle's Profile Photo

Redang the last week of September 2011

by elliemaybelle Online Now May 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Hi, we will be spending a week in Singapore followed by a week in Redang, staying at the Berjaya hotel in September of next year.

My questions are:
      Will we be eaten alive by mosquitos
      what will the weather be like
      how rough will the sea be
      will we have a reasonable selection where choice of food is concerned
      will we be able to venture out in the evenings safely

Thank you very much for your help
      Elliemaybelle

1 Answer May 18, 2010 at 3:48 AM
    • Any fishing from Redang

by kendra151 Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hi,
      I know Redang is a marine park and hence, protection of marine life is of course the order of the day. But I also heard that we're allowed to fish more than 3.5 km from the Marine park. My husband is very keen on fishing and we were wondering, are there any facilities for bringing us out to sea to do some fishing? Surely, the seafood we get from the resorts are from the vicinity?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    • Pulau Redang in December.

by shermaine2002 Online Now Nov 27, 2009 at 1:56 AM

Isit ok to visit Pulau Redang in December?? Any comments pls.

3 Answers Dec 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM
    • Redang or Tioman?

by tomelliott1984 Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Hi, I'm arranging a beach holiday with my girlfriend once the monsoon season is over and I'm torn between Redang or Tioman. Can anyone advise as to which is nicer?

Thank you

Tom

2 Answers Mar 6, 2010 at 4:47 AM
    • Is it still ok to visit Redang on Oct 9 and 10

by vcnz Online Now Sep 21, 2009 at 1:04 AM

would be grateful for some advice. Is it still ok to snorkell on Oct 8 and 9 or is it too risky with monsoons end of the month??

thanks so much in advance.

1 Answer Sep 24, 2009 at 2:12 AM
    • FERRY SCHEDULE FROM MERANG JETTY TO LAGUNA RESORT

by RoselineTan Online Now Sep 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Hi friends, I'll like to know how much does it cost to charter a boat to Laguna Resort, if i missed the 3:00pm schedule time??

I'll be going on 19/4/2010, arriving time at the TGG airport is 14:30, estimation time to arrive at Merang Jetty would be around 15:30.... :(

Anybody know where can i charter a boat/speed boat for 9pax?? or, is there other cheaper option??

Thank you so much! >.

• Weather on 23-25 September 2009

by yapzx Online Now Aug 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM

Hi.. I am planning a trip to redang by 23/9/09. Do anyone know the weather in redang during that period? Will there be rough sea or wave and snorkeling will be cancelled? Thx

2 Answers Aug 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM
    • Hiking in Redang

by aigyj Online Now Jun 18, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I understand that it is possible to hike form Pasir Panjang to Berjaya Resort. Is it possible to do it by yourself or is a guide a must due to unclear path and the possibility of getting lost?

• weather in august in redang/perhentians

by scoica Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 7:34 AM

and hello again,

any feedback as well with regards to the weather I can expect in Redang/Perhentians for the month of August of this year is much appreciated.

Are there frequent storms? should I bring any long sleeve clothes or just very light clothes as well for evenings?

cheers for your help

1 Answer Jun 11, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    • Sandflies/Malaria/Dengue in Redang or Perhentians?

by scoica Online Now Jun 11, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Hi travellers,

I am going to have my very first trip to Redang and the Perhentians in August this year.

Since I've never been there, it might be a naive question for me but... are there any health dangers I should be specially aware of on these islands? any danger of Malaria and Dengue from mosquitos?

as well, I heard there are sometimes sandflies that ruin your beach moments...are there any sandflies on any of the beaches in Redang or on the Perhentians?

cheers!feedback much appreciated! :)

1 Answer Jun 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    • Staying at Berjaya Resort

by mhui Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 9:37 PM

HI,
      i'm planning to visit Berjaya Resort in late Aug this year.
      Have seen from other posts that Berjaya is far away from the main beach.
      I'll be staying for 2 nights so wondering what else I can do other than visit the Marine Park and relaxing at the beach.
      Is there any nearby places that i could visit or I should stay at Laguna instead? Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 2, 2009 at 11:19 PM
    • Redang - July or August?

by mhui Online Now Jun 2, 2009 at 8:20 AM

i'm deciding whether to go Redang in July or last wk of Aug. Any advice? thanks

2 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 5:54 PM
    • atiya's Profile Photo

Transportation Merang to Redang

by atiya Online Now May 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM

What are the available ferry services from Merang to Redang?

How frequent the schedule and the timing?

How much it cost - a return trip?

Plan to go on 2nd June till 5th June. Will be staying at Berjaya Resort

How do I book?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    • Avya's Profile Photo

Driving from JB to Kuala Terengganu/Pulau Redang

by Avya Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 3:36 AM

Hi, has anyone ever driven from JB to the jetty to reach Pulau Redang? I would like to know the number of hours required. I don't want to miss the Berjaya boat at 3pm (or is it 2:30pm?) so I need to estimate my time of departure from JB. Will probably stop once or twice for breakfast and lunch...

Any advice?? Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Apr 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM
    • Pulau Redang or Pulau Tioman ?

by evamariapaula Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Hi!
      I know this question has been posted a few times, but the are all a bit older.
      We are travelling to Malaysia with our 3 kids (9, 7 & 4) mid July and would like about a week on a relaxing island with lots of swimming and snorkelling. I was looking at both Redang and Tioman - what are your thoughts on which one is better - or even any other islands that you would recommend. We don't want it too commercial.
      Thanks for your help.
      Eva

4 Answers Apr 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    • Transfer within Redang Island

by IsabellaVong Online Now Jan 18, 2009 at 6:23 AM

Can anyone tell me how can I transfer from Laguna Redang Resort to Berjaya Redang Spa Resort?