Pulau Redang Travel Answers

change location

Snokel for non-swimmer

by Fatmuimui Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Hi I live in Canada and I am visitng HK in mid March. I hope I can spend a few days in Redang Island to snokel. Anyone knows if there are any air+hotel packages available in HK? I cannot swim and I wore a life jacket when I snokelled in Maldives and Phuket. Are life jackets provided in the snokel trips in Redang or I should bring my own?

On top of Redang Island, can anyone suggest other places in South East Asia where a non-swimmer can enjoy beautiful underwater world wihtout going deep into the water? Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • ftym's Profile Photo

Re: Snokel for non-swimmer

by ftym Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Hi

You need to go to Kuala Lumpur then transit by bus or taxi, no air direct from HK to Pulau Redang. I think it would be quiet difficult to have a trip just to Pulau Redang from HK.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • meltyan's Profile Photo

by meltyan Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 9:52 PM

I am not sure if there's any reservation service in HK. But I think it's easier if you do it through the internet with the local agents here. Go to cuti-cuti.com.my/index.php/T... and check out the packages. You will have to fly to KL from HK and take Airasia from LCCT to Kuala Terengganu or Fireflyz from Subang to Kuala Terengganu.

Yes, life jackets definitely are provided when you do snorkerling in any place. For me, I still think Redang is a better place (compared to Perhentian island) for non-swimmer like you to discover the underwater world in shallow water cause the corals in Redang are much more beautiful and colourful.

I am not sure the other islands in SEA to do shallow snorkeling though. Maybe other VTers could help regarding this for more choices.

;)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

by SLLiew Online Now Mar 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM

As to your question, where else in SE Asia....

I have been to Pulau Payar of Langkawi in Malaysia, Phi Phi island near Phuket in Thailand and Boracay Island in Philippines, where many non-swimmer tourists are snorkelling and enjoying the beauty of the underwater world.

No need to bring your own life jackets. Life jacket or rubber tube floats will be provided for non-swimmers. If you wear glasses, disposal contact lenses will enhance your enjoyment when you wear a face mask.

• perhentianboys's Profile Photo

by perhentianboys Online Now Mar 15, 2008 at 12:58 AM

how about perhentian? also nice spot for snorkeling.. no problem if you can't swimming.. the boat man will give you life jacket so easy for floating.. and they will teach you how to swimming..

• anliz99's Profile Photo

by anliz99 Online Now Mar 31, 2008 at 4:38 AM

You can also try a number of places in the Philippines where there's a lot of snorkeling for non-swimmers. There's Puerto Galera in Mindoro and Puerto Princesa in Palawan to name a few. I am also a non-swimmer but I love to do snorkeling. Check out my travel pages for the info. Enjoy!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines