Pulau Perhentian Besar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting There

Kuala Rompin Dec 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM

I asked an earlier question on getting to Kuala Romping from Mersing. Specifically how to get there by public transportation, that us by public bus.

more
    • Getting There

Kuala Rompin Dec 11, 2014 at 7:46 PM

How to get to Kuala Romping from Mersing?

more
    • homestay in kukup

Kukup Dec 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Anybody knows contact no. Of homestay in kukup that is clean & disabled
      friendly.i hv a group of 10.it had to be easily assesible.

more
    • ArBanis's Profile Photo

alternative way to visit taman negara

Taman Negara Dec 3, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Hi,
      We are traveling to malaysia in the summer 2015 and are looking for a great way to visit taman negara np. We don't like the touristy tourist things. Can anyone give us tips about a guided not very touristic trekking. We are not rhe kind of hero's that go in the park ourselves. Is there a possibility to arrange a private guide, and where can we find a good one?

Thank you
      ArBanis

more
    • Port Dickson army museum opening hours on 26,27,28/Dec

Malaysia Dec 21, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I will ne in port Dickson after Christmas and would like to know if the army museum is open coz the website of the museum is not working

more
    • Batu Gajah's surface

Batu Gajah Dec 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hello,
      i hope someone could help me out. I am trying to get Batu Gajah's surface. All i could gather was it's a city situated at 24 km from Ipoh and it has a population of 34 000.

Can anyone give me more information on this?

more
    • Hotels near carrefour

Batu Pahat Dec 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM

Hi, which hotels are near Carrefour Batu Pahat? Thanks

more
    • From Bukit Merah to Pulau Pangkor

Pangkor Dec 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM

I have difficulty in finding a way to go from Bukit Merah to Pulau Pangkor. Are there any express bus stations in Bukit Merah Laketown Resort? We decide to go to Damai Laut in Lumut then only go to Pulau Pangkor by ferry, is this the correct way to get there?
      I really need your help, thank you!

more
    • earplugs in Malaysia?

Malaysia Dec 17, 2014 at 5:05 AM

Do you need earplugs as in Indonesia for the morning wakeup?

more
    • lancer52's Profile Photo

Money Exchange

Kuala Lumpur Dec 15, 2014 at 1:08 AM

Hello again, VTers,

Another question: Where would be the best place to exchange US$? Also, what would be the approximate taxi charges from KLIA2 to Jalan Conlay?

Thanks in advance to you all.

more
    • 4Days as a Solo Traveller

Kuching Dec 4, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Is it possible to visit the Longhouse/Jungle Adventure without an organised tour? I'm a Backpacker on a budget

more
    • Do I need to take malaria medicine before going to the rainforest in Jan-Feb?

Borneo Dec 2, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Do I need to take malaria medicine before going to the rainforest in Jan-Feb?

more
    • DariaPiasenti's Profile Photo

A week plan from Kuala Lumpur

Malaysia Dec 1, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Hi everyone ! Hope you can help me with some good landmarks
      I will have some days in Malaysia... Landing to Kuala Lumpur on 24th January
      Sure i will spend 2 days in KL
      Then i have some more time from 27 jan to visit the western coast before to fly to Philippines
      I can both book a flight to Manila from Singapore or again from Kuala Lumpur
      So need to leave on the 2nd feb is the only thing i know.
      What do you recommend?
      I can have 2 days more once Returning from Manila at the end of the month (before Returning to Italy)
      I travel smart, guest houses and buses are fine, local experience and open to suggestions. If one nice Beach is on the way recommend, i would love to chill one/tuo days but lets say is not really necessary,
      So totally i will have
      3 night in KL and then 6 more nights around the country.
      Thank you for all your help in advance and please you are welcome to Italy my friends.
      Cheers
      Daria
      Venice, Italy.

more
    • lancer52's Profile Photo

Tipping in KL

Kuala Lumpur Dec 10, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Any idea of how much to tip in KL? Say the bellboy at the hotel? Or the Taxi driver? I guess restaurants who have not charged service charge could be on 10- 15%?. Would appreciate your help. Thanks.

more
    • best beach in perhentians or kapas

by Kulafey Online Now May 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM

which beach do people think is the nicest in terms of soft sand and not crowded, but with at least a couple of places to stay/ eat?
      Thanks!

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • ErwinKoo's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Perhentian Besar

by ErwinKoo Online Now Mar 24, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Hi all, we will visit Perhentian Besar on 18 April. Will stay at the Perhentian Island Resort,as our booking was just Bed and Breakfast basis, we would like to know options of nice but affordable restaurants ,for lunch and dinner at Perhentian Besar.
      Thank you

1 Answer Apr 12, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    • Accomodation in Perhentian Besar

by elina.s Online Now Dec 28, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Hi, I really need your advice as I do not know exact dates when I will be in Perhentian I can not book any place to stay. So maybe someone knows how possible would it be just to arrive in Perhentian at mid March 2011 and get a room without reservation?

Thank you so much in advance for the help.

4 Answers Dec 28, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Alternative destinations to Perhentian

by poepat Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Help please we are in a dilema. We are thinking of going to the islands of Perhentian for a few days from KL. Does anyone have any other suggestions of alternative ideas. We land in KL mid April 2011 and have four days to kill (we are already stopping in KL for severqal days earlier in the month so want something different).
      Idealy we are after a little bit of paradise, not completely dead, perhaps a little nightlife but not too hectic and dont mind flying to the destination or train or ferry or nanyother form of transport that can take us to our yet endecided destination. The only thing is that we have only four days in total to arrive at the destination before getting back to KL on the fourth day. Does that make sense.
      Many thanks for your help
      poe n pat

• poepat's Profile Photo

Help Please - travel times.and alternative sufgestions

by poepat Online Now Nov 2, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Greetings. Can anyone advise the best way to get from Kota Bharu airport to the jetty for Perhentian island ferry and how long does it take together with coat.
      How frequent do the boats run from Perhentian (big island) to Kota Bharu.
      Many thanks and please see my other question posed for alternative destination.
      poe n pat

3 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

Accomodation suggestions Big Island

by poepat Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 5:04 AM

Hi we are going to Perjentian besar in April 2011. We want a beach front
      Accomodation. We were told about the Perhentian Island resort but hav seen some bad reviews on Trip Advisor.
      can anyone suggets best place to stay. Oh and its for our 25th wedding anniversary so we want something special, located on the beach.
      Many thanks
      Pat n Poe

1 Answer Oct 21, 2010 at 7:25 AM
    • Andybeary's Profile Photo

Getting to Penang from East Malaysia

by Andybeary Online Now Sep 14, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Some helpful observation i made while in Malaysia

If your looking to get to Penang from West Coast i.e. Redang etc their are lots of Mini Van taxi's that do this for around 80RM per person.

Also Premiership football is on most of the smaller islands i.e. perhen and redang so dont threat :P

Cocohut Chalet was an ok place to stay but the beach next to it was very small and some contruction is on-going... not a great beach but the good news is they have many boat taxi's who take you to all the islands and pick you up for example Turtle Beach or Shark Bay etc (no sharks left) usually for 10RM to 15RM.

In KL most of the Taxi's charge 15RM to goto most local hotels if metered can be around 10RM but most wont bother because of the traffic so 15RM sounds reasonable.

1 Answer Sep 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    • weather in pulau perhentian

by sophie43 Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Hi,

Have just booked flights to Malaysia in October and was wondering what the weather is like on the islands mid-late october. Is it still worth going and is it stilllargely open at this time?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2010 at 4:44 AM
    • Abdul Chalet

by JannieSimon Online Now Apr 4, 2010 at 5:36 AM

Hi everybody

We have been trying and trying to get in contact with Abdul Chalet, but all the phobe numbers we can find in here and other sites on the internet is not working...

Hope, that somebody can help us???

How to book a room at Abdul Chalet???

A phone number that works or a travel agency???

sincerly
      Jannie and Simon - Denmark

3 Answers Apr 5, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    • tuamotu's Profile Photo

I'm looking for contacts and fax of Abdul's chalet

by tuamotu Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Hello, I'm looking for contacts and in particulare fax of abdul's chalet, in palau perhentian besar. I'd want to reserve a double room directly with the hotel property, without trave agency.
      could someone help me,please? thanks for help
      ciao:)

1 Answer Dec 14, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    • Perhentian Besar or Perhentian Kecil

by Cheharn Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Can anyone tell me which island has more fun? Perhentian Besar or Perhentian kecil?

2 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM
    • football live telecast on perhentian island

by wmf97008 Online Now Oct 3, 2009 at 6:42 AM

Hi, any idea if i can get places to watch the sports channel when i'm on perhentian island? i'm going there during the premier league time...thanks!

3 Answers Oct 8, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    • Best beach in Perhentian Besar

by crok Online Now Jul 6, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Hello,

What's the best beach in Perhentian Besar?

Teluk Dalam on the East side? Or the beach on the West side where Perhentian Island Resort is? Southwest around Tuna Bay Resort?

Considering the landscape, water quality, number of people/resorts around...

Thsnk you so much for your opinion!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2009 at 1:06 AM
    • tour guide on pulau perhentian besar

by jinglingoh Online Now Jun 17, 2009 at 7:35 PM

me and my friends planning to look for a tour guide to bring us around when we are at pulau perhentian. do anyone had such experience and can provide me tour guide contact no. and also the price list?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2009 at 3:23 AM
    • Does Anyone have a telephone number for Abdul Chalet?

by miana19 Online Now May 27, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I have searched everywhere online but no luck, trying to book a room with them directly. Can anyone help please?

Thanks,
      Miana

5 Answers Jun 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    • Is there any tennis court to rent in perhentian besar?

by garrettstone Online Now May 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Hi everyone... im going to perhentian besar this friday. will be staying in arwana perhentian resort, but i dont think they ahve a tennis court there. anyone know where in perhentian besar that has a tennis court that i can rent?

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 24, 2009 at 3:12 AM
    • Travelshoe's Profile Photo

Need Help

by Travelshoe Online Now May 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to travel to Perhentian Island in June. We would like to spend some time together. I like photography and would be looking at photographing our journey. We do not want to fly, but we dont mind driving,train or bus. Since i like photography, is the train route good? How long would it take by train.

I have no idea, how to travel from KL, all i know is i need to get to the Kuala Besut Jetty,

Planning to book at Perhentian Island Resort, is this good? Anything else you can recommend? Also, is June a good time to go? Would like to see nice sunset.

Please do advice, as much as you can. Thank you

6 Answers May 19, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    • Some health issues/queries re visit on Perhentian

by zonaid Online Now Apr 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Hi all,
      planning for a visit to perhentian this June.
      booked the earliest ticket to kota baru to reach the island. now some important queries arised:

I have a small boy (will be 8months by then) and wife accompanying

1. is the boat journey safe? i heard that there are only small boats available with mostly open decks. would we get wet? baby? rolling?

2. planning to stay on Besar. is there a lot of mosquitoes? should i really be worried about the child's safety? maleria like attacks can be there? what about dangers from other insects/animals?

3. need a budget hotel, with standard facilities and security... are there available options?

4. food - do they have number of options and quality foods there?

thanx in advance for your feedbacks.

3 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    • Hard to make Decision

by yvonnehmy Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I and my friend (have 6 person) planning to visit pulau perhentian this may but we so hared to make decision booking the accommodation between tunabay resort and perhentian resort. which resort have a good service and the price is reasonable??
      Any advice can help us??Thanks

2 Answers Apr 12, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    • tuamotu's Profile Photo

Perhentian besar accommodations

by tuamotu Online Now Dec 7, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Hello. Does anyone suggest me a good cheap accommodation in Palau perhentian besar,please?
      I need a basic, but clean room, with a good location .
      I'd want to spend max 60 euros for a room.
      Thanks

4 Answers Dec 29, 2008 at 7:11 AM
    • TRAIN FROM SINGAPORE TO KOTA BARU (PERHENTIAN)

by dikonat Online Now Nov 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM

do you know if there is a train that goes from singapore to kota barhu that is called "jungle train" that goes through the jungle? is it ok? is there a daily faster train than that, that does the same route?how can i buy tickets? thanks

4 Answers Mar 1, 2009 at 9:41 PM
    • when to travel at perhentian?

by dikonat Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 12:30 PM

i will travel at the end of february or the first days of match.the monsoon are over?how is the weather then?is it worthed then or shoyld i go somewhere else? and second! how can i travel to kota baru fron singapore? i heard about some trains.can anyone inform me about the trains that exist? and what about air asia? is safe?
      if someone can help me on these matters please do! thanks

3 Answers Nov 26, 2008 at 6:09 PM
    • Taxi Fare

by anything04 Online Now Jun 17, 2008 at 1:44 AM

Hi,

My family and I will be going to Perhentian Island next week end.

We would like to know currently what is the taxi fare from Jeterh bus terminal to Kuala Besut Jetty, do they charge by meter or charge per person.

Thank you.

cheers........!!

• Perhentian Island Resort

by Csin Online Now Jun 4, 2008 at 3:52 AM

Hey guys,

is perhentian island resort a good place to stay?

i have read the reviews bout it,

it has nice beach and clear water..

how bout the food and room condition??

thx!!

4 Answers May 19, 2009 at 3:29 AM
    • budget trip to perhentian

by AFAF Online Now May 10, 2008 at 4:47 AM

Me and 4 other girl friends of mine are planning to take a break this May..
      Im kind of hoping to not exceed my RM280 budget...
      Any advice on where exactly we should go and how do we get the best deal out of perhentian.. and of course good fun!

• abdul or mamas

by beranie Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Hi - has anyone got an opinion about which of these places is quieter/more comfortable/suitable for a family. I have had quotes from both of them but dont know which one to go with! We have an 8 yr old and really just want a few days swimming and snorkelling preferably from outside our chalet!! Thanks - Beranie.

2 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    • Alternative resort to Tuna Bay

by moon5 Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 5:07 PM

My boyfriend and I are going to Malaysia next August and want to spend 5 days in Perhentians. We wanted to stay at Tuna Bay as we were told it is the best resort in Besar but it is already fully booked, so I don't know which resort to book. I have seen Cocohut chalets and Perhentian Island Resort as alternatives but not sure if PIR is worth the price and if Cocohut will be comfortable. We are not looking for luxury but for a clean and comfortable place with A/C and hot water, near a nice sandy beach suitable for swimm.

I am also considering the option of staying at Bubu Resort on Kecil, but we would prefer to stay in a chalet ,not in a hotel room. And Kecil will probably be two crowed or noisy.

Could you help me , please ?

3 Answers Apr 28, 2008 at 8:05 PM
    • Rock climbing in perhentian

by Jeech Online Now Feb 29, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Hi,

Is there many rock climbing sites in perhentian? I was thinking of going for a snorkel n climbing trip soon.

• full board or room only at tunabay

by buffett Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Hi.. I'll be going to perhentian this march.. am thinking of staying at tunabay.. still undecided to take fullboard package or room+bf only.. which one is more worth it?
      Want to get some opinions here.. How about d price of ala-carte food in tunabay? Are there any other restaurants nearby?
      thanks guys!!

3 Answers Mar 10, 2008 at 7:24 AM
    • Tomtt88's Profile Photo

Daily expense?

by Tomtt88 Online Now Feb 17, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Hi

Given there's no cashpoints on the island, I'm looking to establish how much to budget for my 6 night stay. What's the going rate for a decent meal & drinks on this island?

Rgds
      Tom