Pulau Pangkor Travel Answers

change location
vie_charlie's Profile Photo

Something about Pangkor ...

by vie_charlie Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 4:25 AM

Hi travellers out there, I'm living in Singapore. I am planning a trip to Pangkor next wkend (18Dec). I hope u will be able to tell me more about the island. Is there a lot of tourists on the island at this time of the year? How much is bus/coach ticket from Lumut to KL and Lumut to JB and Lumut Singapore. Any idea about the schedules? Howabout taking a flight from KL to Lumut? any experience with that? Is it worth the time saved? Where is the most trustworthy place to rent a good reliable motorbike? In the town? Name of a shop? Any recommendation for accomodation? around RM70 for 2 per night. beach side. nice, clean rooms with bouncy bed. Anyway, thanks in advance for ur kind help and tips. Many thanks and best regards, Charles

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mansionion's Profile Photo

Re: Something about Pangkor ...

by mansionion Online Now Dec 10, 2004 at 6:19 AM

Hi! Its school holidays currently in Malaysia, just like in Singapore; so expect lots of tourist every where including in Pangkor. Moreover, most working adult would normally go on holiday at year end to finish their leave entitlements for the year. Having said that, its better if you book the room in Pangkor before you arrive there. Not so sure about bus fare frm other places but frm KL to Lumut it cost less than RM20/ way. You can get the bus frm KL's Puduraya station which depart every two hours if I'm not mistaken (depends on bus company). As for taking flight, personally I think its not really worth as there's only 1 flite daily to Pulau Pangkor if I'm not mistaken (around noon). If you go take the earleist bus to Lumut @ 8am, you can still reach Lumut and Pangkor early in the afternoon. Sorry, can't really give exact recommendation on the motorbike rental or places to stay but generally, there's plenty of budget challets around the islands which normally hve the motorbike rental services as well. Hope this help, enjoy Pangkor. -m-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines