Pulau Layang Travel Answers

change location
SingRing's Profile Photo

Cost of diving in Layang Layang

by SingRing Online Now May 30, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Wow,

I am the first to post on this page. Meaning probaly i will not getting any replies either,,,,hahaha

Anyway i will still try.
Question: Am a Singaporean exploring the possibility of visiting Layang Layang. However a check on the internet tells me its really expensive...in the region of USD2000. I surely cannot afford it. Anybody knows of a cheaper alternative to dive there?

Hope to get a reply soon.

Cheers!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • gmg61's Profile Photo

RE: Cost of diving in Layang Layang

by gmg61 Online Now May 30, 2006 at 2:42 PM

There's no alternative, snce Layang Layang is a very tiny island (for most part artificially built!) and hosts only (apart from the birds sanctuary) an airstrip and one resort. That's the only possibility yu have to stay there and to dive. A one day shot isn't worth it, since the plane fight from Kota Kinabalu is quite expensive.

Greetings

G.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • danishtraveller's Profile Photo

by danishtraveller Online Now May 30, 2006 at 6:58 PM

I went in July 2005 and saw a hammerhead. I bought the voucher at an auction at the British club in S'Pore for SGD 800 for 6 days/5 nights which, I guess, was a bargain. The week before that I dived Sipadan. Sipadan was good too. For Sipadan there is more competition so You'll probably find it somewhat cheaper. Send me an e-mail if you want.

• joolea's Profile Photo

by joolea Online Now May 31, 2006 at 1:50 AM

It probably wont cost quite tht much...the flight alone is probably abt usd200 and a chartered flight. accomodation and dive, and full board meals maybe abt usd150 a day?? i'm not too sure but can't be all that expensive. it is fantastic diving but seasonal.

• SingRing's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cost of diving in Layang Layang

by SingRing Online Now May 31, 2006 at 9:55 AM

Hey U guys are great, thanks for all the replies.

btw Danishtraveller,800 for a 6D/5N package is a real bargain!

Actually was hoping that the internet published price is fictitious cost,,,, hahah gues that is too much to hope for.... =P

And the air tix is wow...steep,,,, no cheaper alternative like boat?

• danishtraveller's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cost of diving in Layang Layang

by danishtraveller Online Now May 31, 2006 at 11:23 PM

Hi again,
    I paid USD 200 for the flight (beware, it the other terminal, not the normal KK airport). The plane is an experience in itself. I'll send you a picture of the Layang-Layang Aerospace plane if your e-mail is on your profile. No boats. LL is about 300 km North of KK. I'm actually going to KK this weekend from S'Pore JB airport with airasia for RM 600. No plans yet but possibly white water rafting the Padas river or climbing the mountain.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines