Pulau Lang Tengah Travel Answers

change location

Departure times for boats from Merang- Pulau Lang Tengah

by dikkekoe Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 11:39 AM

So after a mistake I made (I thought Penang is only 3 hours from Kuala Terengganu and we could take a bus ) which caused me purchase 2 extra air tickets and cut short our time in Penang, I'm now worried I made yet another mistake:/

We're planning to stay at D'Coconut Lagoon. What time will the boat depart from Merang to the island? Is there more than one boat? I read online that each resort only has one boat trip per day and I don't want to miss the boat!

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Departure times for boats from Merang- Pulau Lang Tengah

by cgf Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 1:09 PM

As far as I know (and when I've been there) each resort at Lang Tengah island has its own boat and (of course) its own boat trip. That's why you should not missed it. You can ask them to come to airport/bus terminal to pick up you, no problems and I suggest to do so as you don't know which jetty the Coconut's boat will leave..
    When I did I found land transfer very worth, not only because you have some less problem but I found it was nearly at same price like a taxi.

Pulau Lang Tengah is nice indeed...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sybille's Profile Photo

Re: Departure times for boats from Merang- Pulau Lang Tengah

by sybille Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Here is the boat schedule, taken off the D'Coconut website http://www.dcoconutlagoon.com/index.asp

BOAT SCHEDULES

Adult (RM95 per pax) / Child (RM75 per pax) Off Peak Season (Feb 15-Mar 31 and Oct 01-Oct 31)
    Pulau Lang Tengah to Merang Jetty 9.00am
    Merang Jetty to Pulau Lang Tengah 11.00am
    Peak Season (Apr 01-Sept 30)
    Pulau Lang Tengah to Merang Jetty 8.00am / 1.00pm
    Merang Jetty to Pulau Lang Tengah 11.00am / 2.00pm
    Boat Charter Rates
    Merang to Pulau Lang Tengah RM380 per trip
    Pulau Lang Tengah to Redang RM450 per trip
    Pulau Lang Tengah to Perhentian RM700 per trip

As you can see, in the off-peak season there is one boat in each direction, and in the peak season there are two boats. Enjoy your stay!

• Re: Departure times for boats from Merang- Pulau Lang Tengah

by dikkekoe Online Now Feb 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for your replies. Luckily we'll make it for the 2nd boat at 1p.m.

Regarding the cab, would it be better to just take the resort's offer of RM45 per head (there's two of us) for return airport transfer or would a cab of our own be cheaper?

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines