Pulau Flores

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Jakarta to Bali on November 23 to December 3, 2015

Bali Sep 27, 2015 at 6:55 AM

Hi Everyone! Will be traveling alone from Jakarta to Bali. I'm looking forward to meet other backpackers and new friends

Bali Oct 1, 2015 at 8:19 AM

looking for recommendation for accommodation for ubud.

Any thoughts on The Lokha Ubud ?

• Car and guide driver Tanah Toraja

South Sulawesi Province Sep 11, 2015 at 9:26 AM

what / who can you recommend for a private driver from Makassar to Tanah Toraja and a guide in Tanah Toraja?

• VOA extension or Tourist Visa??? (Repost - not sure if first post went through)

Bali Yesterday

Hey guys,

Myself and a friend are heading to Bali at the end of this month, with the plan to stay there for around 60 days (until around xmas time). But I have still yet to decide whether to get a Tourist Visa beforehand or get our VOAs extended while we are out there. In regards to the VOA extension, do you have to leave and come back into Indonesia (and fly to say Singapore and back) or can you get the extension done without leaving Bali? Also as an additional note, I went to Bali by myself earlier this summer and got a VOA, but didn't get it extended, and left on time (I was there for 29 days). Also we both don't live far from the Indonesian Consulate in London where we would go to get our Tourist Visas.

So yes if you guys are able to help and give clarity around what you feel is the best option to go for the VOA extension or the tourist visa , such input will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

• Where to Stay- Sanur, Nusa Dua or Ubud

Bali Sep 29, 2015 at 2:35 PM

we are planning a trip in Feb 2016. Bring a six month old. Cannot decide where to stay - Sanur, Nusa Dua or Ubud?

We would like to see a mix of everything - The beach and the land.

• On a budget

Lombok Sep 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I'll be going on a holiday by the end of October for 3 days.
      Any advice on how to travel around? Which is better, by renting a car or just take a taxi?
      Whats the budget for all (excluding hotel & flight)?

• mar3cus's Profile Photo

Off to Bali soon!!

Bali Sep 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Looking to go to Seminyak in Bali in Nov 2015, have not done much research yet, I was looking to wing it when we get there actually. Any recommendations, do's and don't s, must see or must stay away, tips and tricks, general advice???

Anything at all really, we are quite a laid back couple who love shopping, partying, beaches, exploring, great food and chillin out.

Many thanks in advance

• isedisi's Profile Photo

Accomodation Java, Jakarta, Bali

Indonesia Sep 8, 2015 at 5:40 AM

I'm planning a backpacking trip to Indonesia with my friend. I'm wondering how hostels measure up when it comes to security, hygine and friendliness. We are looking into Bali, Java and Jakarta. Anyone want to share experiences, tips?

• redhafaikah's Profile Photo

Journey from Labuan Bajo to Wae Rebo

by redhafaikah Online Now Feb 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I am in desperate need for accurate advice please. I have searched on the Internet and most tourgroup sites say the journey from Labuan Bajo to Denge / Dintor by car is about 4hrs. But the guide I am talking to says its 7-8hrs! Can someone be so kind to confirm which is right?

Unfortunately my friend and i are on a budget and unable to afford the expensive tourgroup prices so we would like to book our own car with driver from Labuan Bajo. Has anyone booked before?? How much does it cost typically from Labuan Bajo to Denge?

The other option is to go from Nangalili by ferry to Mules. Has anyone taken this route before??

Also any idea whom I can contact to help book the homestay in Denge and Wae Rebo?

We leave next week so any tips on this would be most helpful.

Thank you!

3 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM
    • redhafaikah's Profile Photo

Flores in 5 days

by redhafaikah Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 9:52 PM

There's so many thing to see & experience in Flores that I'm spoilt for choice. Alas, I only have 5 days. :( My wish-list: to Pulau Rinca to see the Komodos, Ruteng to stay at the Wae Rebo village and see Liang Bua cave then Cunca Wulang Canyon, Mt. Kelimutu, and then squeeze in some snorkeling. Would that all be possible in 5 days or should I cut something off? It's sooo hard to choose so please kindly advise what would work best for the 5days! Thank you!

7 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    • cris2984's Profile Photo

rent moto in flores

by cris2984 Online Now Apr 19, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi good evenin every one...
      I'm going to Indonesia in July and I want to rent moto, because I think is better for see all...I know the roads are very bad....
      So, my question is...I can rent moto in every island...i was thinking in spent one week in Flores..heading from Maumere, I can rent moto overthere????

5 Answers Apr 20, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    • Should I book a tour to Komodo before or wait until I arrive

by exploremore Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I will be visiting Bali in a couple of weeks. I am planning on visiting Komodo and Rinca islands. I am debating on whether to book a tour online now, book a tour while I'm on Bali, or just fly to Labuan Bajo and hire a tour from there? My fear is if I book a tour online that I might get scammed. Also, I figure that it might be cheaper to book from either Bali or Labuan Bajo.

I'm leaning towards booking a Komodo tour from a company while on Bali.

3 Answers Aug 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM
    • Information on transportation to Flores

by chongce Online Now Nov 21, 2007 at 8:46 PM

Hi, I am planning to visit Flores and Komodo Island at this end of December. Is it the right season to visit these two islands? Can anyone provide me the following information:
      1) where to get the bus cum ferry ticket from Mataram,Lombok to Labuhan Bajo, Flores? How much is the cost and how long long it takes to arrive at Labuhan Bajo? And whether can I get the same transport package from Labuhan Bajo back to Mataram?

2) Can I travel to Moni from Labuhan Bajo by public transport in 1 or 2 day? How much? Any better suggestion?

3 Answers Nov 22, 2007 at 7:51 PM
    • naibaho's Profile Photo

Trasnportation to Maumere, Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.

by naibaho Online Now Mar 28, 2006 at 6:06 AM

can somebody tell me how to get to Maumere, Flores, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.

I want to go there but did not have any information on the transportation. Would you mind telling me what kind of transportation that I need to take to get there and what are the options. My starting point will be Jakarta, Indonesia. Do you think I should fly to Denpasar, Bali or other city such as Kupang or Mataram? and then cross the island with small boat? Or probably anyone has better suggestion.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2007 at 10:55 PM
    • From Maumere to

by Andriew Online Now Aug 24, 2005 at 3:09 AM

Can somebody tell me is it worth to go and visit area of Ipir and Doreng beach south to Maumere ? Is it nice place with good white beach. The same question is abour Paga on south Moni ?

I have 7-8 days to reach west coast of Flores, and I think what else apart from Kelimutu and Bajawa and villages around these towns can see (off beaten track)
      Kind Regards

1 Answer Sep 9, 2005 at 9:43 AM