Travel Answers
Pulau Bintan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Bus schedule from Banjarmasin going West.

Banjarmasin 19 hours ago

Hello!
      Does anyone know what time buses go to Palangkaraya from Banjarmasin?
      Is the more than one?
      Thank you :)

more
    • MagicalSparkle's Profile Photo

Tanjung Puting National Park - Is anyone going this week?

Banjarmasin Apr 12, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hey there!

I'd really like to go to Tanjung Puting national park this week. I'm currently in Banjarmasin and am looking for some other people to join up with to go on a tour! I'd like to go in a few days so, any time from 15th April 2014.

Please get in touch if you're interested!

Corine

more
    • beach bungalow/guesthouse Luwuk aerea

Indonesia Mar 31, 2014 at 1:35 PM

hello everybody!!

I am looking for a beach accomodation close to Luwuk Sulawesi.... any body has any ideas ??

Friendly
      Fred

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

Kintamani or Ulun Danu Temple?

Bali Mar 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM

I will be in Ubud for 2 days. I have a plan for Goa Gajah at first. Then, I was planning to go for Ulun Danu Temple for a whole day. After seeing images of Kintamani, I am a bit confused. KIntamni seems to be more beautiful. Can you guys please help me decide.
      Or may be you can help me to know how to cover both.

Also, please let me know whether there is any reliable travel agency you already know who can help me for this.

Thanks,

Srijani.

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Kuta accomodation

Kuta Mar 30, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Troppo Zone Puri Rama Resort
      Can anyone comment on this accommodation?
      Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.
      thanks appreciate

more
    • massage and spa in Jakarta

Jakarta Mar 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • AntoniaF's Profile Photo

Public Swimming Pool in South Jakarta

Jakarta Apr 14, 2014 at 12:23 AM

I think I'm getting desperate in finding a swimming pool that suits my need near my place in Cipete

- the one in arcadia is always crowded on weekends and quite spooky on weekday nights (and the bathrooms are rundown)
      - the one in talavera used dark natural stone tiling but only provide 1 underwater lamp so it's almost like swimming blind
      - the one in oktroi is quite ok but finding a parking space is stressing me out
      - the one in citos is also parking-space challenged
      (okay...I know I'm starting to sound like Ms.Nitpicky hahaha)

Any other place you can recommend?
      I usually swim after office hours ( so after 6pm ) on weekdays
      Nothing fancy, just need decent changing rooms and easy parking.

more
    • Anyone going 21st April 30th

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Hi going to Bali on these dates , was meant to be with my ex gf but she done me over. First time travelling and rather nervous ! Is anyone else in the same situation and want to meet up

more
    • Jogja Trans from the airport

Yogyakarta Apr 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hi! I would like to know which bus should I take from the airport to JL Prawirotaman area? Is there more than 1 bus who leave from the airport?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • Bars in Bogor

Bogor Mar 30, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Where can I find a good bar in bogor?

more
    • massage in Jakarta

Indonesia Mar 25, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Hi all -

Am going to be in Jakarta and am looking for an affordable/cheap place to get a good massage. Will be in South Jakarta but could travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

more
    • matjung's Profile Photo

What choice do I have?

Bali Apr 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM

I am interested in a rafting tour in Bali.
      I am wondering what choice do I have?
      I was having a look at some websites.
      Now I am having the impression that 20 companies are doing the marketing for 2 or 3 tour operators.
      Preferably I would like to book at the tour company itself, and not a pricy website operated by an american company.

How many boats are rafting down at Ayun river every day?
      In the marketing it looks like only one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
      And that cannot be true.
      I guess there are plenty of them going down the river.

more
    • scottiesand's Profile Photo

Who will be in Bali in May!

Bali Apr 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Hi,

I am looking into a trip to go to Bali for a few weeks in May. I have been there before so I know of good places to go and am wondering if anyone will be going as well?!

Canadian boy, 27

more
    • Bali 6 - 23 April

Bali Apr 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Im going to Bali Tomorrow - 23 of April, my first singel trip.
      Anyone interesting in meetring up?
      I was supose to travel with my boyfriend, but thing changed and im traveling by my self.

Norwegian girl 27

more
    • Accommodation tips for Pulau Derawan

Pulau Derawan Mar 18, 2014 at 5:46 AM

I can't find accomodation online for Pulau Derawan. Would you recommend to book ahead? We are going 25th of March.

more
    • Itinerary suggestions for 8 nights in Bali

Bali Apr 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM

My friend and I (both female in our 30s) are going to Bali for 8 nights in June. Wondering what other travelers recommend for us to do in that week? I want to avoid Kuta but I do want to do yoga in Ubud. We are not big on surfing, diving or snorkeling but would like to be by the beach for a bit. Do we have time to go to the Gili island or Lombok? We'll hire a driver. Thanks very much!!

more
    • Good Area to stay at Bali

Bali Mar 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM

Hello
      We are 7 families travelling to Bali in end of June, we have grown up kids hence we are confused on the area we should stay
      We love beaches with some night life
      Our preference wit=ll be pure vegetarian food, we are coming from India
      Please advice on the location

more
    • capelkay's Profile Photo

Ubud accomodation

Ubud Mar 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.

I know there is some quaint awesomely cheap accommodation but I find it very difficult to scroll through website accom and would prefer personal recommendation.
      we are 3 middle aged girls just looking to kick back for r & r drinks on our room balcony and a stroll to things to see and do.
      all advice will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • accommodation Labuan Bajo, Flores

Indonesia Mar 29, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi!
      Does anyone know a clean and cheap accommodation in Labuan Bajo? Around 150 000 roupies or less? I'm travelling on a budget so I just need something clean, safe and cheap. Is it safe to walk around Labuan Bajo during the evening? And does anyone know more or less the price for the Komodo Dragon trip during april? Any good cie to suggest?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • TracyKT2014's Profile Photo

Convenience Stores

Lombok Mar 16, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Are there any convenience stores in Senggigi eg Circle K or Mini Mart?

more
    • Yogyakarta at 6h20 AM, accommodation, bus, storage?

Yogyakarta Apr 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Hi,
      I will catch a flight from Lombok to Yogyakarta, but the only cheap fly (with Lion Air) arrive at 6h20 AM in Yogya. What can I do with my backpack (70 liter) until I can check in in my accommodation? I don’t have booking cause I want to see the room before taking it. Does anyone know a safe place where I can leave my backpack until I check in? Can I leave my backpack at the police station? Can I trust them? If so, is there a police station in town?
      Also, do you have a safe, clean and cheap accommodation to suggest? I’m on a budget and I saw rooms around 100 000-120 000 roupies, but there’s not much info about them on trip advisor.
      And last questions: which bus goes from the airport to town? And which street can I find most of the guesthouse, homestay or budget hotel?
      Thanks a lot!

more
    • About Bali

Bali Apr 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

I'm looking to go to Bali in early June for 2 weeks & wondered where's the best area to be in - by the beach in a 4* or 5* hotel that we can visit places of interest from there or chill out some of the time as well? What are the MUST VISIT places in Bali & is there places to go out at night time - for a meal & or just a few drinks, all within walking distance of our hotel? We like to sample the local food & to try different restaurants over our holiday. I must point out that my husband & I are in our 50's when I asked the question. We do enjoy lively at night time, but not too wild -18-30s's. Does Bali have street food (like Thailand) that's safe & good to eat? We've had Indonesian food in UK & other countries before & it's delicious!!!! Is it cheap to eat out in Bali? Once there, is Bali good value?
      Thanks,
      JBH1

more
    • claudia87's Profile Photo

Flights between Bali - Java - Lombok

Bali Apr 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Hi!
      My trip to Bali was delayed in the past year, and was re-schedule to next June.

I'm thinking in the right itinerary and i need some help:

- What's the best airline company to book the flights between those islands?

- Is it possible to fly direct from Yogyakarta to Lombok? Or I need to return Bali and then take the flight Bali-Lombok?

- How the best way to book the flights?

Thanks!!

more
    • n4nova's Profile Photo

In Jakarta for 5-6 hours

Jakarta Mar 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I will be on my way from Medan to Bali. I change my flights in Jakarta, where there is will 5-6 hours gap between two flights. I just wanted to know, whether there is anything I can cover in that time in Jakarta.

Thanks in Advance,

Srijani.

more
    • Cheap accomodation

Bali Mar 20, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Hi all,

Iam looking at cheap accomodation in bali for May for approx15-20 days. I am on a tight budget and willing to spend between 250-350 for the 2 weeks. All i can find are expensive luxury villas and bungalows. Please Help!!

more
    • Scooter Rental Bintan

by marc83 Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Hi,

Since I won a voucher for Bintan Lagoon Resort, I want to stay one night there.
      But since I am also interested in travelling around the Island, I am thinking about renting a scooter for two days and make the following trip:
      - Arrive in Tanjung Pinang Friday evening. Stay 1 night
      - Rent the Scooter on Saturday morning, travel via Trikora Beach to Bintan Lagoon Resort
      - 1 Night @ Lagoon Resort
      - Travel back to Tanjung Pinang

Is this possible at all? Can you recommend a scooter rental @ Tanjung Pinang?

Thanks a lot for your replies!

Best regards,
      Marc

3 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 8:31 AM
    • I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

by PasirRis Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I like to go there alone. How do I get to know an Ojek taxi before I get there?

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 8:29 PM
    • grocery and alcohol shopping

by twobees2 Online Now Aug 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

is there anywhere relatively close to mayang sari - where you can shop for groceries and drinks?

• A day trip

by Niki217 Online Now Jun 14, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Hi, I was planning a day trip with my friends. We are 5-6 girls from Singapore and will return back with the evening ferry. It would be great if some one could advise me on the following questions:
      1. Is Bintan safe for women travellers?
      2. What activities can be done throughout day?
      3. Best way to commute accross island?

5 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • euli's Profile Photo

Bringing own food from Singapore (by ferry) for BBQ

by euli Online Now Apr 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring one's own food from Singapore to Bintan for the BBQ? We will be staying in a villa that has a BBQ pit. I thought of bringing sausages, wings, steak, in an ice-box on the ferry. Will I be able to get past customs?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    • how can i go to Bintan from Medan

by peifufeng Online Now Jan 11, 2011 at 6:12 PM

how can i go to Bintan from Medan?

2 Answers Jan 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    • How much to bring to Bintan

by jiahwei Online Now Sep 13, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Hi there,

Do anyone knows an estimated amount to bring to bintan for spending wise?

What is the range of prices for their food, souvenirs or the items sold at the factory outlet?

And also, which currency is more advisavle to bring? USD or SGD or Rupiah?

5 Answers Sep 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    • resort recommendation

by viarex Online Now Jul 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I will be traveling to bintan with my girlfriend for a 3d2n getaway. pls recommend which resorts should I book. we are budget traveling.

3 Answers Nov 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • gripdxd's Profile Photo

Honeymoon: Bintan, Bali or Phuket?

by gripdxd Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Hi All

What would you recommend for a honeymoon, Bintan, Bali or Phuket?

3 Answers May 27, 2012 at 11:11 PM
    • Gladyszzl's Profile Photo

Recommendation for Angsana Bintan

by Gladyszzl Online Now Mar 10, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Hello, i will be going to Angsana bintan this weekend 13/3 - 14/3 alone to refresh and pamper myself.

Anyof you have recommendation for Dinner? I will reach around noon and have my dinner in resort i guess follow by spa at 4pm - 6pm then dinner (location to be recommend). then maybe some chill out place, queit time alone. =)

3 Answers Mar 13, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    • URGENT :(

by danyl21 Online Now Dec 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM

i will be staying at bintan lagoon resort for 2nights...heard there's this nightclub called silk..is there any entry fee??

2nd question..i heard every friday and saturday night there will be a major beach party!! where is it? and is there a fee charged to it to go?

lasr question!! how much is alcohol and cigarettes at bintan? where could we purchase cheap liqour and cigaarettes :)

Reply Soon okay!!! help me n my friends!!! its our first time!! :)

• Kelong Restaurent Reservations

by didles Online Now Sep 6, 2009 at 6:47 AM

Hi, But may i know how do i make a reservation for the restaurent? Is asking the hotel service making it for us feasible?

thanks! =)

• Motorbike Hire on Bintan

by liskay Online Now Jan 22, 2009 at 4:39 PM

We're taking the ferry over to Bintan (Bandar Bentan Telani terminal) this weekend and will be travelling down to Trikora beach for a couple of nights.

Ideally we'd like to hire a couple of motorbikes to travel down on and use while we are there.

Can anyone recommend a motorbike hire shop near the ferry terminal?

• Jawker's Profile Photo

Where can I get cheap alcohol

by Jawker Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 12:54 AM

Intending to visit Bintan (will be staying at Nirvana Beach Club). Where can I get cheap alcohol where I can drink with my friends back in the comfort of our own rooms?

Is the alcohol in the bar cheap?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    • Bintan - A few questions

by Zaahir Online Now Dec 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Hi

I want to visit Bintan as part of a trip that I am planning in December 09. I have a few questions so if anyone can answer them I would really appreciate it. I am planning to stay at Bintan Lagoon.

- Has anyone travelled from Johor Bahru to Bintan? What is it like? Will the seaport that I arrive at have the facility for me to get a VISA?

- Do I need to make arrangements prior to me arriving at the seaport for transport to the hotel?

- My next stop will be Singapore. I know that there is a boat from Bintan to Singapore, can I enter Singapore via that seaport?

Thanks to all those that reply.

2 Answers May 27, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    • Is langkawi in Malaysia better or Bintan in Indonesia?

by kejalshah Online Now Nov 30, 2008 at 11:05 PM

I plan to go to any one of Bintan or Langkawi for 4 days in december end 2008 on a honeymoon. Which one is better?

4 Answers Dec 1, 2008 at 4:44 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Visas for Eu citizens

by worksopian Online Now Aug 22, 2008 at 1:38 AM

I wish to go to Bintan from Singapore for 1 day.Can I get a visa on arrival.What is the cost for Eu citizens?
      What is the best place to go?
      What is the best ferry company to take?
      Thanks

3 Answers Sep 18, 2008 at 1:26 AM
    • Visa on Arrival by China PR in Singapore.

by patrickgoh Online Now Aug 13, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Can Permanent Resident in Singapore holding China passport, apply for Indonesian tourist visa on arrival by ferry from Singapore, intending to stay weekend at Bintang Resort?

2 Answers Aug 13, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    • bluemanta's Profile Photo

P Mapur: Anyone can help? Tks.

by bluemanta Online Now May 1, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Hi all,

Need help with the following.

1. How to get to P Mapur from Singapore?
      2. Where to stay on P Mapur?
      3. How is your experience? Worth it?

Anyone who can share contacts and info, greatly appreciate.
      Pls e-mail direct minchit@hotmail.com

God bless,
      Andy

• trikora beach

by s2b Online Now Mar 30, 2008 at 2:05 AM

I am curious of anyone has used "Bintan Tours" and stayed away from the resort area at Trikora Beach. Are the facilities truly basic or are there some ammenities that would make the trek worth it. I don't like resorts per say, however, have the family to consider...

1 Answer Mar 30, 2008 at 2:08 AM
    • Asmara Spa payment

by speedygal Online Now Mar 25, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Hi, is it necessary to book first before going to the spa or could it be done on the spot? Also, do they accept VISA / MASTERCARD?

• Transportation to/fro Angsana resort

by kyhar Online Now Jan 10, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Hi,
      anyone know how much are the transfers from ferry terminal to angsana resort ? Approximate cost of a taxi ?

What about the cost from angsana to nirwana bintan resort ?

& from angsana to the kelong restaurant ?

Thanks

3 Answers Aug 13, 2008 at 7:02 AM
    • msbinsaid's Profile Photo

Outside Tour from Bintan Resort

by msbinsaid Online Now Dec 3, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I am aware that I have to book somekind of external tour with the hotel to venture out from the Bintan resorts area.

Tanjung Ubai seems nearer. Would this be a good place to go for a day tour. Or could someone advice which area is near and would be ideal for a day tour i.e. we would prefer places with pasar malaams etc. How far is Tanjung Pinang from the resorts? Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2008 at 1:16 PM
    • msbinsaid's Profile Photo

Indra Maya Villa or Bintan Lagoon Villa

by msbinsaid Online Now Dec 3, 2007 at 8:25 PM

I am planning to stay at either the villa at Indra Maya or Bintan Lagoon. From websites, the villa at Indra Maya looks nicer with a 4 seater buggy provided. Could anyone please advice whether the Indra Maya is better than Bintan Lagoon Villa.

• Telecommunication, Internet, Bank?

by Skie Online Now Nov 27, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Hi all..

1. I'd like to know what telecommunication provider is available in Bintan?
      2. Internet facilities?
      3. Bank?

I'm going to spend some time in Bintan and at the same time I still need to do my work. Phone and Internet is very vital for me. As for banking, to send/receive money e.g Westerm Union, MoneyGram.

Thank you.

2 Answers Nov 30, 2007 at 11:33 PM
    • Bintan Hotel's facilities- firefly tour & horse riding???

by defiant.sky Online Now Nov 26, 2007 at 10:39 PM

I m considering going to Bintan early nxt mth...but the hotel rates are abit high, range from400-500.*ouch*

Nirvana beach, its pretty cheap but jus worried about the quality of hotel. Love the idea of Bintan Lagoon, but I tink rates are 500bucks, but it has the firefly tour and horse riding??

Anyone know whether it is possible to go for these kinda Firefly tour if we stay at Nirvana beach? Are the resort close to each other?Is bintan a small little island by itself and nothing much and must stick to the resort u are in? Then wont it be nothing to do if ur resort has no facilities??

Sorry ask so many questions...Thanks in advance for your replies!!! :D

2 Answers Feb 16, 2009 at 9:52 PM
    • From Bintan to Batam ?

by david_f4ng Online Now Oct 25, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Hi, I'm going to Bintan from singapore next month, 2 days in Bintan Mayang sari and then heading to Medan. Are there any travel agent that selling domestic air-ticket in Bintan ? Also if i have to go to Batam to buy ticket what is the cheapest way to go to Batam from Bintan resort? Is it free to use the resort shuttle bus to go Tanjung Pinang ?
      I ve so many questions, Thanks a lot for the reply.

3 Answers Jan 25, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    • Cheap seafood?

by rottenapples Online Now Oct 21, 2007 at 9:27 AM

Hello!
      I'm bringing my boyfriend over to Nirwana Beach Club (how I wish I could afford better accomodation ):) for a 2D1N stay during Dec, & I was wondering if there is any place with good & cheap seafood nearby?? Is it safe to cab to the city area outside??
      First time being in Bintan so I'm quite scared haha.

Thanks!!:D

6 Answers Nov 26, 2007 at 10:51 PM
    • dachel's Profile Photo

Spa by the beach in Bintan

by dachel Online Now Oct 16, 2007 at 9:55 PM

i wld like to plan a spa day trip with husband to Bintan.. anyone can recommend a good one with reasonable price? The ideal one is spa by the sea or nature.. After spa, can walk walk along the beach..

1 Answer Oct 17, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    • Safety of Bintan Resort Ferry

by tongkie Online Now Oct 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Hi! I am travelling to Bintan on the 1st week of November. I am traveling with an infant and 1 young child. Is the ferry ride (BRF) safe from Singapore to Bintan? Even at the 8pm trip? or are the waters rough during this season?

Thank you,
      Lumar

1 Answer Oct 14, 2007 at 6:07 AM