Pulau Batam

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the prices in Batam

Riau Province Jul 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi! I am from a European country. My friend now lives in Palembang (South Sumatra). We plan to live in Batam for a few month. My friend got information about prices in Batam. I was shocked. I think that my friend got wrong information. Could you tell me, is it true?
      He found a dorm for us. There is one room for us and a bath and a kitchen for a few rooms. The price is 2.000.000 rupiah for the room + 500.000 rupiah for security + electricity. The total price is around 3.000.000 rupiah for the room per month! The dorm is located in Plamo Garden, Block B (south of batam Centre Area). Could you tell me, is it normal price for Batam?
      We will visit almost every day Sekolah Tinggi Teknik Ibnu Sina which is located in Nagoya Area. We will use city transport (bus). He told that one ticket costs 10.000 rupiah. We have to use two buses to come from Plamo Garden to STT Ibnu Sina. One person will spend 40.000 rupiah per day. So, one person will pay 1.000.000 rupiah per month for transportation. Is it true that we have to use two buses? Is it true that the price of one ticket in the bus is 10.000 rupiah? Could you tell me the shortest and cheapest way?
      He said that he has to get Batam citizenship card (identity card). The price of the card is 1.000.000 rupiah. Why so expensive? I could get the card for free in my country.
      Thank you!

more
    • Transportation from Turi Beach Resort to Nagoya Area

by huiwen Online Now May 14, 2014 at 1:21 AM

Hi. I am going to Batam this December and stay in Turi Beach Hotel. How shouls I get to Nagoya Area? And I am the first time to visit Batam, what is the most interesting place I should visit?
      Thank you

3 Answers May 25, 2014 at 11:03 PM
    • Travel Alone to Batam

by MikeRonald Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Is it safe to travel alone to batam and Pagoya Area?

8 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM
    • Cost of taxi fare

by HelenMcCarthy Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Am looking for approximate cost of taxi from Batam Island ferry to Golden View Hotel.

1 Answer Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Batam Center to Turi Beach

by matty15aug Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 7:43 AM

How do I go from the Batam Center Ferry terminal to Turi Beach for the Water Sports. Please let me know the price for the same. Are the Water Sports available for the Public as well or only for the ones who are staying in the Resort there??

• Polo Ralph Lauren Store & First Factory Outlet

by joypws Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 10:54 PM

(1) Do both the stores accept Visa or Master or Amex cards?

(2) Are the garments sold in First & Polo stroes genuine products?

(3) What are the brands sold in First Factory Outlet? Any Calvin Klein? Any Emporio Armani?

• gretchenmarielim's Profile Photo

Do it yourself tour or via agency

by gretchenmarielim Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Hi! I'll be visiting Batam by the end of the month with my mom. What is cheaper? do i book for a tour via travel agencies
      or a do it yourself tour? Many thanks!

5 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • AJS77's Profile Photo

Bad Images Batam custom immigration

by AJS77 Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Should custom not allowed a tourist come in to Batam??????
      First time happened in my life, Batam is not Singapore.

37 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM
    • Ferrys

by John16082001 Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I know the ferry for Jakarta sails wed only, does anyone know when other ferrys leave to and on what days. I am having no success with the ferry company's web page.

Thanks a lot.

John

5 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    • flirtyguy's Profile Photo

2D1N in Batam

by flirtyguy Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hi! Me and my wife are going to Batam this 25Feb for the 1st time. As part of a package, once we arrived at Batam, there will be a whole day tour to various places including a lunch at Golden Prawn Seafood. I think the tour will be completed around 6pm. Then we will be sent to Harmoni One hotel or checkin and 1hour massage.
      Considering our hotel's location:
      1. Is there any good and reasonably priced seafood restaurant nearby? How much is the taxi fare?
      2. Do we have enough time to go around Nagoya area for shopping, dining and maybe another massage te following day if we get the latest ferry back to Singapore? Or should we extend our stay for 1more night?
      3. How much is the taxi fare from Harmoni One to Nagoya area? From Nagoya to Batam Centre Ferry?
      4. Is Megamall worth visiting compared to Nagoya Area?

Basically we just want to have relaxing massages, eat seafoods and shop a bit during our stay in Batam but we are just afraid that the tour will eat up most of our time there. Just looking for some advice. Thank you!

• Ferry to Jakarta

by John16082001 Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

3 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • Ferry to Jakarta

by John16082001 Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hi I am trying to get to Jakarta by ferry, the only information I can get is about the weekly (wed ) ferry. I don't arrive in Singapore until the Thursday, are there other ferrys to Jakarta from batam that go via different islands to save me waiting nearly a week. Also any web sites you recommend for the ferrys.

Thanks in advance
      John

8 Answers Feb 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
    • eyalala's Profile Photo

Day Trip Nagoya Shopping Mall then Turi Beach Resort: Doable?

by eyalala Online Now Jan 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hi! My family and I are going to Batam next Saturday. From morning till 1 or 2 pm, after arrival from ferry, we want to go shopping at Nagoya Hills Shopping Mall. Then hire a taxi to drive over to Turi Beach Resort, where we will lounge around a bit (using their Daytour Package). Then we take the last ferry trip back to Singapore via Nongsapura Ferry Terminal which is near Turi Beach).

Is this possible?

Thank you.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • adnan1977's Profile Photo

need help

by adnan1977 Online Now Dec 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM

i want to go to Batam, indonesia via singapore by using free. My problem is to find a hotel that is very near to the shopping centre. Another question, which ferry terminal should of choose if i stay the one that you all reommended.

• kepri mall

by musaphir Online Now Oct 15, 2011 at 11:30 PM

i believe a new mall KEPRI MALL has opened up in Batam. Can any member please advise how far this mall is from Pacific Palace hotel. What are the special features of this mall. We normally shop at the BCS mall. Would Kepri mall be a better alternative?
      how much would be taxi be to kepri mall from pacifica palace ? urgent replies appreciated please as travelling next week end.
      musaphir

2 Answers Oct 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM
    • Tips on cycling in Batam

by Qiumeiling Online Now Sep 28, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Hey all I am planning a cycling trip to Batam with some friends. Is it necessary to engage a guide with vehicle support? Many thanks!

• Taxi Fee

by ChiaSH Online Now Sep 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hi Guys,

How much for taxi fee for whole day services, The taxi driver charge me bout100 dollar from Turi Beach Resort to Town area? Is it expensive? BTW, I will bring my parent to there on 30 Sep. Just dun want to disappointed them.

5 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    • Charter Private Minibus

by sbalisa Online Now May 13, 2011 at 2:55 AM

I'm going to Batam next month with 12 other people.
      The resort I'm staying at is charging alot for a private bus.
      Anybody knows of any other bus companies that will provide this service? and how much it costs?

5 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    • nexusangel's Profile Photo

Motorcycle Rental

by nexusangel Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Does anyone have any contacts for companies that rent out motorcycles in Batam?

Thanks!
      Amelia

1 Answer Mar 6, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    • poepat's Profile Photo

HELP PLEASE. batam beaches itinerary

by poepat Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 4:21 AM

We are going to Batam in may for 4 days and three nights. No accomadation booked yet.
      Can anyone advise about where the best beaches are for snorkelling and paradise.
      Also can anyone advise whata good itinerary would be.
      we enjoy beaches, nightlife, restaurants bbq etc, and eco type tours off the beaten track.
      Many thanks Patpoe

1 Answer Jan 30, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    • potatoes_chips's Profile Photo

Hotel, transport & activites

by potatoes_chips Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Hello,

Got lots of questions as my trip to batam is next week.
      Our friends arrive in different groups, so we need some help here.

1) are there any budget hotels($40 range) within walking distance from ferry terminal, batam centre?
      2) if there isn't, how much is the taxi fare?
      3) We wish to play paintball, where can we find it?
      4) thinking of doing some island hopping. where is a nice beach?
      Or is it possible to take a ferry to bintan from batam?

Thanks for all replies

Lai peng :)

5 Answers Jan 31, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    • Nagoya city

by paulinewoon Online Now Dec 20, 2010 at 2:33 AM

HI,
      As my family and I intend to do some shopping in Batam, i read that the best place to stay is Formosa Hotel near Nagoya City. If this hotel is fully booked, which 3-star hotel is the next best choice nearest the city. Also, how much do we have to pay the taxi/bus fare from the termninal to Nagoya city? Thanks.

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    • oceania theme park

by putriayim Online Now Nov 21, 2010 at 11:01 PM

how do i get there from batam centre or from my hotel (harmoni)? how much is the cost and how long is the journey?

1 Answer Jan 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    • Original RL shop in Batam?

by adaang Online Now Nov 8, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Where to find this Original RL shop in Batam?

• sillyger's Profile Photo

Need Advise!!

by sillyger Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I need advise on the following

1) Planning to book 3d2n stay under Nongsapoint Marina & Resort, can I have the review if the resort is in good condition?

2) Can I find tropical spa or massage nearby the area?

3) Understand there are 2 harbour in Batam, please advise if it is very ex to travel on cab if I would take Penguin Ferry and from there to Nongsapoint?

4) Is nongsapoint far from Golden Prawn 933 Seafood Restaurant?

I really need help urgently as I'm going to book both ferry and the resort this week..

Thanks a million

• "ojek" motor taxi fares in batam

by jemc1984 Online Now Oct 13, 2010 at 7:53 PM

i'm planning to visit batam on my own i was thinking of renting an "ojek" or motor taxi i was wondering if 206,399.72 rupiah would be enough i want to visit the following places. Barelang Bridges, Vihara Buddhi Bakti Temple, Maha Vihara Duta Maitreya Buddhist temple & the mega mall considering the motor taxi wwill have to wait for me I want to know if my budget is fair enough for the motor taxi. lets just say I want to rent an ojek for a day tour please suggest fare prices for the trip I'm planning so I can have a better idea thanks

1 Answer Jan 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    • TAXI WATERFRONT CITY TO PUNGGUR FERRY TERMINAL

by nataliejane Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 12:30 AM

Does anyone know the cost and distance by taxi from Waterfront City, Batam Island to Punggur Ferry Terminal. Thanks.

• Itinerary for Harris 2D1N Honeymoon Package

by illidann Online Now Jul 5, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Hi,

Has anyone taken the above package before? I am thinking of getting that but I am unsure on the itinerary that I should plan since there is a spa and dinner package thrown. I would like to hop onto the free shuttle to Nagoya town and it seems that the timing is abit tight.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Aug 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    • shopping at Nagoya upon departure

by jojosy Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM

hi,

going to harris resort this comming week, travelling with family.upon departure would like to drop at nogaya mall shopping before heading back to singapore.
      is there a place to keep our luggages while while doing our shopping? as we didnt want to return to resort to collect it. it save travelling time, if we could depart batam from harbourbay terminal.is it a good idea?anyone can advice on this. thks

1 Answer Jun 16, 2010 at 2:29 AM
    • waterfront marina quality resort

by mysticmel Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 11:47 PM

is this resort still open and active? i cant find much information about it. i want to know the rates. can anyone help?

• reasonable apartments in batam

by areopagus25 Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 12:13 PM

hi, how do i get an apartment in batam? how much does an apartment range? is it safe for a girl to rent a room?

1 Answer Apr 15, 2010 at 2:41 PM