Pula Travel Answers

change location

Romantic Pula?

by Ineke_02 Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Hi! I'm travelling to Pula in 2 weeks. My boyfriend has been working there for 2 months and now I'm going to visit him. That same weekend, we are celebrating our anniversary and I would like to surprise him. But since I have never been to Pula before, I have no idea what the possibilites are. Does anybody have some suggestions for a nice restaurant (maybe with a great sea-view) or a romantic activity (like a spa and wellness or a boat rental service with a glass of champagne,...) Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Re: Romantic Pula?

by croisbeauty Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Restaurant Fra-Kat in Premantura, 10km far from the city, best fish around

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by croisbeauty Online Now Mar 25, 2013 at 3:34 AM

I was grown up in Pula and I am visiting it oftenly (my sis live there), so I know what am talking about. I don't read reviews, I am visiting restaurants and tasting food there.

1 member found this helpful

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hi Ineke_02,
    I would say it depends more on your boyfriend's idea of romance than on Pula's choices.
    I have little doubt that the restaurant 'croisbeauty' refers to is worthy - locals always know the right thing, but what if your boyfriends hates fish and countryside?
    Boat rental may be tricky, too - what if they are not too service-minded?
    Honestly, I would consider yourself as a real gift as such, and let your boyfriend surprise you!

1 member found this helpful

• picek's Profile Photo

by picek Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Hi, I always thought visiting NP Brioni is a romantic enough activity :) How often in life you have a chance to cycle or walk among deer or peacocks roaming freely, provided you're doing it on your own and not in the tour bus? The scenery is just lovely. Ask your guy if he haven't been there yet, then go for it anyways.
    There are few high end restaurants on the islands, and few good ones in Fazana (where you take a boat to the island and buy ticket to NP), definitely worth trying anywhere is a fish plate when you get good assortment of sea fauna.

Another romantic day trip from Pula would be Rovinj. Yeah, it's pretty crowded and expensive, but the small peninsular town is one of best preserved in that part of the region.

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Agree with picek, Rovinj is a lovely place - for sort of educational trip.
    Nothing bad about Brioni, either.
    Staying in Pula one can think of climbing the Roman ruins - is it allowed? The view must be fabulous (haven't been in Pula town myself, only the airport)

by croisbeauty Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:04 AM

The most romantic trip would be to visit Groznjan, second on that list is Rovinj.
    Muscovita - it is allowed but not much to see and not romantic at all.

by croisbeauty Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 6:09 AM

I forgot to mentione Bale, check my pages about Groznjan, Rovinj and Bale, have plenty of pics there.

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 9:19 PM

'it is allowed but not much to see and not romantic at all'
    Shame indeed :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines