Puerto Viejo Travel Answers

change location

So is Chimuri Beach the place to be?

by alytourist Online Now Mar 6, 2007 at 4:14 AM

Several mentions of this Beach so far, but is it a great place to stay? I am looking at going there September for 4 weeks. Can you tell me if anyone has been to this part of CR and what are the high lights this country can offer at that time of the year? i am interested in clean budget beach accommodation and would like to see the major natural sights of the country comfortably during the month I am there. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • yvrguy2's Profile Photo

Re: So is Chimuri Beach the place to be?

by yvrguy2 Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 9:25 PM

There is no such place as Chimuri Beach. Chimuri beach cabinas are located on Playa Negra just about 1 mile north of Puerto Viejo.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lidrokz's Profile Photo

Re: So is Chimuri Beach the place to be?

by Lidrokz Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Hi
    As yvrguy2 mentioned there is no beach called Chimuri. However he also mentioned the Chimuri Beach Cottages....here is their website..
    greencoast.com/chimuribeach....
    we stayed there in Nov./07 & liked it. It is rustic but clean. Extremely colourful too as are many of the homes & hotels in CR. The rates were good too. They are just across a small dirt road from the beach (maybe 200 feet tops from the water). You can't see it from the cottages but you certainly can hear it! You are not far from town from here as well. The owners were very nice & Mauricio has tons of knowledge on the Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve & also offers birdwatching tours. Don't confuse the Chimuri Beach Cottages withe the Chimuri Jungle Lodge (this one is farther from the beach) I believe though that they are owned by the same people.
    PVdT is a great place to visit. If you are interested in plants check out the Botanical garden just north of town. A trip up to Cahuita is a good bet too. They have an excellent National Park...lots of wildlife. Mazanillo, south of PVdT is a nice trip too. We did it by bicycle, but do this early in the a.m. as it gets quite hot by lunch. There is also a Sloth Refuge North of Cahuita & a Cacoa Tour/Wildlife Refuge between PVdT & Cahuita at Hone Creek. If you get a chance I also recommend a trip up to Tortuguero. It is a long boat trip but worth it. Not sure if the time you are there is turtle time but the park is great. We stayed with a Canadian Biologist & he has fantastic tours & connections....his website is casamarbella.tripod.com/inde....
    He runs a very nice B&B with his Tica wife. Hope this helps. Have fun!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines